home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-30-2020, 12:45 PM   #201
Lovetheboardwalk
Grand Villa

"Love on the Spectrum" is a really sweet doc out of Australia.
It's educational, eye opening, heartwarming, heartbreaking all in one.

Netflix

Home Sweet Home:
**BWV 1999 **BRV 2017**

**Boulder Ridge Jan. 2021**
**Boardwalk and AKV Feb. 2021**
Resorts we still need to visit: VGF & Poly
Lovetheboardwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 11:13 AM   #202
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Anyone watch Queen's Gambit? DH made me start it last night with him. I was not really wanting to watch and was rolling my eyes the first episode. But just finished the 5th episode and now am pretty into it. Will watch the last 2 today.

Jojen Reed for GoT is in it as is Dudley from Harry Potter.

Owners since 2006- BWV & CCV
Next trip(s): Nov 28- Dec 2 VGF&BCV/ Dec 2-12 Palm Coast, Sept 27- Oct 3 CCV&BWV and 2/12/2022 Odyssey of the Seas Cruise

Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 11:43 AM   #203
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
Anyone watch Queen's Gambit? DH made me start it last night with him. I was not really wanting to watch and was rolling my eyes the first episode. But just finished the 5th episode and now am pretty into it. Will watch the last 2 today.

Queen's Gambit is great. Truly well done.

We are reaching A Place to Call Home on Acorn, which is an Australian period family drama. I thought it would be sappy, but it's actually pretty sophisticated. Set in 1952. It's basically about family relationships and navigating a changing world as a new generation emerges after WWII.

Schitt's Creek was a very hard slog for me in the first season but I was totally hooked by the start of the second season and it only gets better from there. Not at all what I thought it would be. In some ways a worthy successor to Modern Family.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 11:55 AM   #204
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

I don't know if anyone had posted this earlier but if you like sports a crazy little documentary series on Netflix - Cheer - is quite well done and a little addictive. My niece suggested it to me. Never been a cheerleader but found it very interesting.

Also I'll give a shout out to Game Ready on youtube. It's a documentary on girls softball - not nearly as well done as Cheer but one of the team players is the granddaughter of a person that has done some work for us. She's been recruited by colleges since she was in the 12-14 yo range. The close up of the eyes in the opening is her. The money earned from that does go back to the teams - or so I was told.
Old 11-14-2020, 12:02 PM   #205
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
I don't know if anyone had posted this earlier but if you like sports a crazy little documentary series on Netflix - Cheer - is quite well done and a little addictive. My niece suggested it to me. Never been a cheerleader but found it very interesting.

Also I'll give a shout out to Game Ready on youtube. It's a documentary on girls softball - not nearly as well done as Cheer but one of the team players is the granddaughter of a person that has done some work for us. She's been recruited by colleges since she was in the 12-14 yo range. The close up of the eyes in the opening is her. The money earned from that does go back to the teams - or so I was told.
Thanks for the Game Ready recommend. My girls played travel ball and in college (DIII level). We know some of these Southern Cali teams. Been with them in tourneys. Sad these girls who sacrificed so much and put so much time and work to play D1 ball will now miss another season due to Covid.

Another sports docu series is QB1. Really interesting.

Season 4 of The Crown is dropping tomorrow.

Owners since 2006- BWV & CCV
Next trip(s): Nov 28- Dec 2 VGF&BCV/ Dec 2-12 Palm Coast, Sept 27- Oct 3 CCV&BWV and 2/12/2022 Odyssey of the Seas Cruise

Last edited by Lamima; 11-14-2020 at 07:10 PM.
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 03:32 PM   #206
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

Quote:

Awesome series! I just had to look up who Jojen Reed was on GOT and as soon as I saw him I knew he was Benny, who I kept saying to myself “Where have I seen him before?!?” Thanks for solving the mystery.
Old 11-14-2020, 04:29 PM   #207
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

Queens Gambit...channel? Hope its on Prime, just cancelled Netflix. Thanks for posting!!!
Old 11-14-2020, 04:58 PM   #208
bassetbeauty
Grand Villa

Quote:

Queens Gambit was great.

I got sucked into Trial 4. Eye opening. I highly recommend it.
bassetbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 05:00 PM   #209
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
Queens Gambit...channel? Hope its on Prime, just cancelled Netflix. Thanks for posting!!!
Netflix. Sorry.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 11:31 AM   #210
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

I'll add Queen's gambit to my to-watch list

We started Schitt's creek. I like it better than I expected. Old theme: rich folks adjusting to poor, country life (green acres,) but so far, they've not done all the cliches in the same way. So I"m looking forward to more. we're just about done w season 1. I do enjoy Eugene Levy a lot

Somehow I got completely sucked into re-watching ER. I watched it back in the day, it was must watch on Thursdays...so I wanted to only watch 2 episodes from season 5....and I thought I can't believe I was so into this, all this hospital soap opera stuff...and now I"m in season15. I"m such a TV ADDICT. (I really am, it's a bad addiction,)

ENjoying Great British bake off. If you haven't watched the old seasons, go do that. I watch a lot of the Food network competition shows (Holiday baking champ is on now,) but this British series is SO good

DD found ENCORE on Disney +. It reunites high school theater groups years (sometimes like 20 or 30 years later,) to re stage their high school production. DD not into theater personally , but she's enjoying this series.
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote