home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-20-2019, 09:59 AM   #11
disneyteach
Grand Villa

I binge watched The Good Place over winter break. It's only through season 2 on Netflix, but I found season 3 on the NBC on-demand app on my firestick. It's such a good "smart" comedy.
disneyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 10:22 AM   #12
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Permanently Banned

watership down, a very english scandal, doctor foster, luther (idris elba), alias grace, succession (!), mind hunter, river, happy valley, wallander, dexter, line of duty, get shorty(!), blacklist, first season ozark, bates motel (!), mad dogs, MEERKAT MANOR! the deuce!!!

HALT AND CATCH FIRE (outstanding), Godless, Bosch, Goliath (first season), the looming tower, counterpart (jk simmons), caedfael, DEADWOOD, ROME, OZ, Sons of Anarchy, the night manager, the night of, JUSTIFIED, the SHIELD, my brilliant friend, THE WIRE, leftovers, boardwalk empire, carnivale, RECTIFY, handmaid's tale (season one), the code, OUTLANDER, people vs OJ

Last edited by DVCERSINCEDAY1; 01-20-2019 at 08:25 PM.
DVCERSINCEDAY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 10:42 AM   #13
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

Try the Last Post on Amazon prime . It is a drama set in Yemen in the 60’s.
Shewill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 12:33 PM   #14
stellabutterman
One Bedroom

Netflix--Ozark, Broadchurch, Jessica Jones, The Crown, Supernatural, Star Trek's Enterprise--the last two I didn't watch when they originally aired.
stellabutterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 05:15 PM   #15
carolina_yankee
Administrator

• Marvelous Mrs. Maizel - some of the best TV I've seen in a long time
  • Bodyguard
  • Jack Ryan
  • Secret State
  • The Crown
  • The Crown
  • The Crown
  • The Crown (Yes, I like the Crown)
  • Downton Abbey - if you've never binge watched it and liked it, it's worth it - I made so many more connections watching it straight through from beginning to end the second time around.
  • Good Karma Hospital (Have to subscribe to Acorn, I think, but can do so through Prime)
  • Homeland (Showtime)
  • Grace and Frankie
  • Mindhunter for sure - kind of the love child of Silence of the Lambs and X-Files
  • Dexter, if you've never seen. Jim did binge it a second time around, but I'm not ready to re-see it. I loved the first run but I'm not sure I want to get into it, knowing the twists.
  • Psych for fun pure whimsy
  • Royal Pains for escapist fluff with a quasi-medical drama overlay.

Those are my top recommendations right now.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 06:57 PM   #16
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

Default CBS all access

If you like Star Trek cbs all access is worth the $5 a month. The new Star Trek Discovery is in season 2. Season one of the Good Fight is good . There is not much else but the new Patrick Stewart Star Trek is expected be aired there also . There is a third Star Trek coming also with the star of Crazy Rich Asians .

I like Star Trek.
Shewill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 07:22 PM   #17
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
  • Bodyguard
  • Jack Ryan
  • Secret State
  • The Crown
  • The Crown
  • The Crown
  • Downton Abbey - if you've never binge watched it and liked it, it's worth it - I made so many more connections watching it straight through from beginning to end the second time around.
  • Good Karma Hospital (Have to subscribe to Acorn, I think, but can do so through Prime)
  • Homeland (Showtime)
  • Grace and Frankie
  • Mindhunter for sure - kind of the love child of Silence of the Lambs and X-Files
  • Dexter, if you've never seen. Jim did binge it a second time around, but I'm not ready to re-see it. I loved the first run but I'm not sure I want to get into it, knowing the twists.

Dirk
I'm going to have to check this out. I love X-Files and Silence of the Lambs! Only other thing I can think of (other than X-Files, of course,) is Lucifer. It usually makes me chuckle. Right now we are watching Star Trek Voyager. Think we are on Season 4...
Old 01-20-2019, 08:00 PM   #18
stellabutterman
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shewill View Post
If you like Star Trek cbs all access is worth the $5 a month. The new Star Trek Discovery is in season 2. Season one of the Good Fight is good . There is not much else but the new Patrick Stewart Star Trek is expected be aired there also . There is a third Star Trek coming also with the star of Crazy Rich Asians .

I like Star Trek.
Me too. I'm waiting on season 2 to binge watch it when it's over. Both the Patrick Stewart and Michelle Yeoh series look interesting too.
stellabutterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 08:53 PM   #19
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
  • Bodyguard
  • Jack Ryan
  • Secret State
  • The Crown
  • The Crown
  • The Crown
  • Homeland (Showtime)
  • Grace and Frankie

Dirk
The Crown was most excellent! Starting Mrs. Maizel. Mindhunter.....ok!
Old 01-20-2019, 08:54 PM   #20
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
I'm going to have to check this out. I love X-Files and Silence of the Lambs! Only other thing I can think of (other than X-Files, of course,) is Lucifer. It usually makes me chuckle. Right now we are watching Star Trek Voyager. Think we are on Season 4...
I like suspense but not "evil" story lines. Can not bring myself to watch "Lucifer". Although I have watched Silence of the Lambs. That was pretty evil!