home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-30-2020, 07:29 AM   #41
bakerworld
Add-on Aficionado

Does make we wonder how many of us are going to be tapping our phones at 7a sitting in our hotel room. For me, this is a good situation because the odds of getting DH out of bed before 9a on vacation - geez, even the weekend - isn't pretty. Then to walk there and still not get on. At least this way I can be disappointed in my room with DH still snoozing and - big plus - we can go later to the park to try again at 2p.
Old 10-30-2020, 07:32 AM   #42
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
Does make we wonder how many of us are going to be tapping our phones at 7a sitting in our hotel room. For me, this is a good situation because the odds of getting DH out of bed before 9a on vacation - geez, even the weekend - isn't pretty. Then to walk there and still not get on. At least this way I can be disappointed in my room with DH still snoozing and - big plus - we can go later to the park to try again at 2p.
I would agree that it's better.

As another mentioned too about the Skyliner, even busses, walking and then the insanity at the parking booths too. Just not happy!
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 09:41 AM   #43
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
Does make we wonder how many of us are going to be tapping our phones at 7a sitting in our hotel room.
Everyone because of the braindead way they've implemented the queue.

Cheers.
Old 10-30-2020, 10:18 AM   #44
Mox147
Two Bedroom

I love this idea, but I think that APH and people staying offsite may be a a disadvantage here.
Old 10-30-2020, 11:28 AM   #45
Wonderdog4
One Bedroom

I find this statement confusing:

Guests with a valid ticket or pass and a Disney Park Pass Reservation for Disney's Hollywood Studios will be able to access the virtual queue system starting 7 a.m. on the day of their park reservation to check for an available boarding group. This can be done before you leave your Resort hotel or wherever else you happen to be nearby at that time.

Does this mean that you have to be on WDW property to be able to access the system? It depends on the definition of "nearby".

As an adjective "nearby" is defined as meaning "close at hand; not far away". As an adverb "nearby" is defined as "close by; very near".

I suppose BWV and SSR are nearby but Ocala is not.
Wonderdog4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 11:34 AM   #46
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderdog4 View Post

Guests with a valid ticket or pass and a Disney Park Pass Reservation for Disney's Hollywood Studios will be able to access the virtual queue system starting 7 a.m. on the day of their park reservation to check for an available boarding group. This can be done before you leave your Resort hotel or wherever else you happen to be nearby at that time.

Does this mean that you have to be on WDW property to be able to access the system? It depends on the definition of "nearby".

As an adjective "nearby" is defined as meaning "close at hand; not far away". As an adverb "nearby" is defined as "close by; very near".

I wondered the same. I'm sure we'll have reports.

I know that people were able to join a BG from outside the state at home too which they should not have been able to do that.

No one to complain to in your resort room either.
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 12:33 PM   #47
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderdog4 View Post

You think Disney IT could actually add a GPS tracking component?

I think that's just a phrasing that someone trying for a group would actually want to be nearby because they might get one of the first groups. I do not feel it means they are going to be using GPS tracking. It was often bad enough for the software to recognize the person had scanned into the park. It's only going to base the attempt on the fact you have a DHS park reservation.
Old 10-30-2020, 12:45 PM   #48
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
You think Disney IT could actually add a GPS tracking component?
MDE already integrates the iPhone GPS quite well. Always knows where I am for things like wait times and such. Works flawlessly for me.

Cheers.
Old 10-30-2020, 12:56 PM   #49
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
MDE already integrates the iPhone GPS quite well. Always knows where I am for things like wait times and such. Works flawlessly for me.

Cheers.
A lot of people turn off that tracking. Actually, I've had it fail a few times in recognizing where I was.

Anyway, no, I do not see any indication in this that Disney is attempting to make this an onsite thing. Their criteria is DHS reservation for the day. The rest is just the particular phrasing used but does not mean you must be within a mile or two or anything specific.
Old 10-30-2020, 01:01 PM   #50
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
A lot of people turn off that tracking.
Yeah, if people turn off a feature in the app it's unlikely to work.

Cheers.