home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-30-2020, 10:20 AM   #21
frank808
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbundick View Post
Make sure that the place you get tested is on the approved list for Hawaii. Otherwise, they will not let you in the State. There was a Utah family that had their negative test result using the barcode system but the testing place wasn't on the approved list and they had to fly back home that day.
The best part is where they insinuated that it was not their fault for getting an unapproved covid 19 testing facility. State should have some leniency for them and they were so disgusted that they will be selling their hawaii timeshare immediately.
Old 10-30-2020, 10:52 AM   #22
zafiro
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank808 View Post
The best part is where they insinuated that it was not their fault for getting an unapproved covid 19 testing facility. State should have some leniency for them and they were so disgusted that they will be selling their hawaii timeshare immediately.
Anyone have their contact info? I'd like to send them a lowball, Covid-19, cash offer!
zafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 10:56 AM   #23
zafiro
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1000monkeys View Post
Off to an auspicious start. We got our Covid test results back really quick and we are all negative. Now we need to upload our results to our Hawaii Safe Travels profile.

One of my employees landed in Ohau yesterday and said it took about 45 minutes to get through the health screening line on arrival.

It's recommended you bring print-outs of your negative test result and QR code from the safe travels site in case there are any connection issues at the airport.
Great news! Waiting to hear what changes and modifications to normal vacation life there are in play.
Old 10-30-2020, 12:13 PM   #24
BEAM4DVC
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank808 View Post
Always love when people take responsibility for their own actions.
BEAM4DVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 12:16 PM   #25
BEAM4DVC
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by zafiro View Post
Anyone have their contact info? I'd like to send them a lowball, Covid-19, cash offer!
Let us know what they come back with! I'm sure there are 52 of us that would be willing to split it and each take a week!
Old 10-30-2020, 12:17 PM   #26
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAM4DVC View Post
Always love when people take responsibility for their own actions.
They did take responsibility for their own actions. They were responsible for finding someone to blame and it seems that they did this very well!

Cheers.
Old 10-30-2020, 02:43 PM   #27
zafiro
Grand Villa

Quote:
Let us know what they come back with! I'm sure there are 52 of us that would be willing to split it and each take a week!
Old 10-30-2020, 03:13 PM   #28
a1000monkeys
Grand Villa

Ok, looks like this thing is going to happen. Just checked in online and my flight is still on time, which is good because if it gets delayed for more than 3 hours I don't know if my Covid test will still be accepted by Hawaii since I was tested 69 hours prior to departure.

Looks like my flight is more than 90% full based on the seating chart. Given its a 777, I didn't expect it to be so full.

I filled out my health questionnaire on the Hawaii Safe Travels site (needs to be done within 24 hours of departure) and got my QR code already.

I don't understand how people going to Hawaii aren't aware of the requirements, I have gotten at least 5 texts and e-mails over the past week from United about the requirements for flying (mandatory masks, no symptoms) and entry for Hawaii (quarantine or negative Covid test from a state approved lab). On check-in I had to affirmatively accept I understand each requirement to check-in.

We planned this trip about 5 weeks ago which is very last minute planning for me. I'm glad we are leaving tomorrow because with the nationwide spike in cases I don't know how long this quarantine bypass program will last. Once Hawaii sees a large spike again, I can see them suspending the program for awhile.
Old 10-30-2020, 03:30 PM   #29
BEAM4DVC
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1000monkeys View Post
Once Hawaii sees a large spike again, I can see them suspending the program for awhile.
Maybe they won't let you leave Hawaii!!! Extended vacay for all!
Old 10-30-2020, 03:35 PM   #30
a1000monkeys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Maybe they won't let you leave Hawaii!!! Extended vacay for all!
That wouldn't be the worst thing. I would just need someone to ship out our dog (and some money)!