home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-17-2020, 05:41 AM   #21
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
You're sure it was that long? I would have guessed it was more like a 10-12 months. At least for the inside. I know the outside seemed to drag on.
How long had SSR been going for before shut down? I canít remember when it started but maybe 6 or 7 months, and it restarted in July. I think the original plan was 2 years.

The low occupancy is irrelevant, it just means they donít have to limit bookings so much. It seems the contractors are working 2 buildings at a time. That would have been agreed at the time of the contract being signed.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 02:11 PM   #22
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
How long had SSR been going for before shut down? I can’t remember when it started but maybe 6 or 7 months, and it restarted in July. I think the original plan was 2 years.

The low occupancy is irrelevant, it just means they don’t have to limit bookings so much. It seems the contractors are working 2 buildings at a time. That would have been agreed at the time of the contract being signed.
Less people to work around is always relevant.

Also if they speeded up the process they'll have more rooms back in service that potentially could mean that Disney doesn't require reopening another resort as soon as they might otherwise have to. Potentially a golden opportunity if the contractor can also handle the shortened schedule but if you're set on the same old same old it won't be taken advantage of.

Last edited by Goofygrl; 10-17-2020 at 02:25 PM.
Goofygrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 04:46 PM   #23
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
Less people to work around is always relevant.

Also if they speeded up the process they'll have more rooms back in service that potentially could mean that Disney doesn't require reopening another resort as soon as they might otherwise have to. Potentially a golden opportunity if the contractor can also handle the shortened schedule but if you're set on the same old same old it won't be taken advantage of.
If they take two blocks out of service to work on them, then thereís no one to work around.

Amending the contract to get it done faster would likely cost extra. And as itís DVC footing the bill, there seems little advantage to them to do so. Itís not as if there are members clamouring to book who canít get a room.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote