home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > LIFE AFTER DVC > Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-15-2020, 11:17 AM   #211
zafiro
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy0 View Post
Dirk,

Just curious as I am thinking of something similar for similar reasons. One of your earlier postings on this thread you mentoned you could go to Aulani but it isn't a good use of points or something to that effect. Could you explain your thoughts on that? We had a trip booked for Aulani this summer but then since that was cancelled I rented out 150 points.

Also, when you sold your contract, did you strip them down to 0 or leave use year points on there? we have 300. Thanks!
People don't like Aulani for several reasons - I think the main reason is that it is a family resort so there are kids everywhere at all times - and very close to the adult only pool, too. It is hard to escape kid noise and chaos if you are looking for a quiet, adult-like vacation. It was perfect when we wanted to let the kids have free-reign without worry and we could have an afternoon relaxing as much as you can with kids on vacation.

There are several other options in the Ko'Olina area including the next door Four Seasons which is less noisy and bustling, but more expensive; and the Marriott Vacation club resort that is nearby that is much less expensive when renting from owners than is Aulani.

We loved Aulani as a 7 night stay or so when the kids were younger and our travelling friend group included younger kids, but now we have all adults and their add-ons. We'll typically spend just a few nights at Aulani because it's still fun and it's "home", but now we're more apt to Island Hop to the Big Island or Maui to do more exploring or stay a few nights here or there around Oahu to experience more than just the Ko'Olina area offerings. It depends on what type of vacation you want...
zafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 12:40 PM   #212
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by zafiro View Post
People don't like Aulani for several reasons - I think the main reason is that it is a family resort so there are kids everywhere at all times - and very close to the adult only pool, too. It is hard to escape kid noise and chaos if you are looking for a quiet, adult-like vacation. It was perfect when we wanted to let the kids have free-reign without worry and we could have an afternoon relaxing as much as you can with kids on vacation.

There are several other options in the Ko'Olina area including the next door Four Seasons which is less noisy and bustling, but more expensive; and the Marriott Vacation club resort that is nearby that is much less expensive when renting from owners than is Aulani.

We loved Aulani as a 7 night stay or so when the kids were younger and our travelling friend group included younger kids, but now we have all adults and their add-ons. We'll typically spend just a few nights at Aulani because it's still fun and it's "home", but now we're more apt to Island Hop to the Big Island or Maui to do more exploring or stay a few nights here or there around Oahu to experience more than just the Ko'Olina area offerings. It depends on what type of vacation you want...
A couple of things in here made me chuckle and it's all attributable to the fact that this is a Disney Vacation Club resort. ie - Disney is very much marketed towards families and it should be expected that it will be a little more family centric at all resorts than some other systems are. IMO Aulani is the best all around DVC resort and as adults only we've enjoyed our stays there immensely. It has activities and spaces devoted to adults as well as areas for kids so as to not give the impression it's like a theme park. We also have been to Hawaii a decent amount and are at a point that hunkering down at a resort is perfectly enjoyable. Also enjoyed visiting Oahu again. Just a lot about what you want from a particular vacation and if you want to go outside the DVC system or take advantage of the ease of staying within it.
Old 10-15-2020, 02:59 PM   #213
PirateLinda
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Cute! I like it!
I agree! Very nice!

Upcoming Trips:
3/21 - 3/27 SSR
9/30 - 10/4 OKW
PirateLinda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 05:22 PM   #214
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
I received the check for CCV yesterday. It was supposed to close in November. SSR was supposed to close 9/30 according to Disney and they have yet to close. Grr.

All points are still in my account, but they appear to have stopped the auto-dues payments for both contracts and maybe the auto loan for CCV.

Since I've been paid for CCV, signature gone.

Dirk
On a couple of posts about ROFR'd contracts it's sounded consistent that DVC does not meet the deadline and then once you get the docs they want it back practically the next day and chide about not closing etc.
Old 10-16-2020, 09:35 AM   #215
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
On a couple of posts about ROFR'd contracts it's sounded consistent that DVC does not meet the deadline and then once you get the docs they want it back practically the next day and chide about not closing etc.
To their credit, they do provide the FedEx label, unlike my CCV sale. To their discredit, I have a record they signed for it, followed two weeks later by an answer to my email query that it is "just now" being delivered from their central mail facility. Two week?!! For an overnight delivery?!!! They can build an attraction faster than they can close on a contract. And that's saying something!

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote