home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-21-2020, 02:09 PM   #1
Carol
Add-on Aficionado

Default How Long to Get AP Refund after it Disappears from MDE?

Wondering how long it takes to get an AP refund after it disappears from MDE?

Still waiting for mine. Called for the refund on August 9 or 10 and it disappeared from MDE about 2 weeks ago. I originally paid with a credit card and THINK it will be coming as a credit to that same card.

If you already have your refund, and paid by credit card, is that how you received the refund?

TIA!
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 02:15 PM   #2
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
Wondering how long it takes to get an AP refund after it disappears from MDE?

Still waiting for mine. Called for the refund on August 9 or 10 and it disappeared from MDE about 2 weeks ago. I originally paid with a credit card and THINK it will be coming as a credit to that same card.

If you already have your refund, and paid by credit card, is that how you received the refund?

TIA!
Iím glad you posted. Iím in almost the exact same situation. I cancelled on Aug 9th, and nothing yet.
Old 09-21-2020, 02:15 PM   #3
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

I called for my refund in May. Aps were gone from MDE in July and I still have no refund.

I should call but I spent a lot of time on the phone today fixing our November trip and had two great CMs so I figure why jinx it.
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 02:19 PM   #4
Carol
Add-on Aficionado

So I am not alone. That makes me feel a bit better. Hoping the refunds will all come soon.

It always takes longer for companies to give money back than it does to take it! Wonder why that is, LOL!
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 02:22 PM   #5
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
So I am not alone. That makes me feel a bit better. Hoping the refunds will all come soon.

It always takes longer for companies to give money back than it does to take it! Wonder why that is, LOL!
Yes!! Always amazes me thatís itís pending in seconds, posted the next day, but takes days for a refund to post and I am always annoyed at the ďit can take up to two billing cycles for the refund to appear.Ē
Old 09-21-2020, 02:25 PM   #6
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post
Yes!! Always amazes me thatís itís pending in seconds, posted the next day, but takes days for a refund to post and I am always annoyed at the ďit can take up to two billing cycles for the refund to appear.Ē
Or in Carolís case, ďit may take several months to appear.Ē
Old 09-21-2020, 03:39 PM   #7
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Or in Carolís case, ďit may take several months to appear.Ē
Me too. I called back in May Nothing
Old 09-21-2020, 04:32 PM   #8
cpnkirk
Grand Villa

I called in May, and 3 times since. Each time, I get the answer that my refund is "pending" but no one knows when it will post or how much it will be. They did tell me on the last call that each AP refund is being done individually, so we could potentially get 3 refunds at 3 different times...frustrating, to say the least.
cpnkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 04:33 PM   #9
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Nada here either. Requested in just a couple of days before the expiration of the offer to refund.
Old 09-21-2020, 05:11 PM   #10
ccsmith312
Two Bedroom

Ours just disappeared in MDE so I was wondering the same thing. We cancelled them probably two months ago. Painful that we ended up planning a fall trip so I'm stuck buying park tickets now.