home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TECH SUPPORT > Tech Support
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-24-2020, 04:30 AM   #21
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobParr View Post
So again, this is my home IP, I do NOT use a VPN, and Iíve now been blocked for 6 weeks or so. It affects any device I use from home, and an IP release/renew does not fix the problem. Iíve sent messages to the admin as directed (again, no replies) and this is in effect a permanent ban unless I move or change internet providers. I understand that managing this forum takes a lot of time, and I appreciate all who do so. Iím just asking that you please work with me for a few minutes to fix the issue. Thanks!
Unfortunately when scammers do manage to get on the site it takes a mammoth amount of work to fix. Which is why the Admins take steps to stop them.

Sometimes this affects totally innocent members. If it was easy to fix then Iím sure they would do so.

I know the feeling well, since I got a new phone last year I havenít been able to access the site on my phone. Luckily my iPad is OK - I just dread the day I need to change it. Or the day when this IP address also gets blocked, which is reasonably probable as international IP addresses are the biggest issue.
Nickys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 07:32 AM   #22
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustinjourney View Post
I think I was blocked at Riviera wifi this week as well. I was definitely blocked at CCV the last 3 days.
Well we sure don't want postings from people who are AT WDW and have actual information to share!

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 01:13 PM   #23
administrator
Please don't make me want to smack you upside the head.

Quote:
So again, this is my home IP, I do NOT use a VPN, and Iíve now been blocked for 6 weeks or so. It affects any device I use from home, and an IP release/renew does not fix the problem. Iíve sent messages to the admin as directed (again, no replies) and this is in effect a permanent ban unless I move or change internet providers. I understand that managing this forum takes a lot of time, and I appreciate all who do so. Iím just asking that you please work with me for a few minutes to fix the issue. Thanks!
Try turning your modem on and off. Usually, your provider will assign you a different IP address; this will give you a better chance of getting on MO again.

I hate revealing secrets. Sigh.
administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 03:58 PM   #24
gopherit
Grand Villa

I understand the purpose for the block - spamming is dreadful - but did something just recently change on how it was being managed? I never had this issue before, have had same net carrier / ISP for a long time - have a different one for my cell AND for work computer - and suddenly now I can't hold on to an accepted IP address for love nor money. Constantly having to reset on all 3 devices. I haven't done the math to determine the total # of IP addresses available in the world, lol, but feel like I've worked my way through a third of them randomly already, lol! And just for this site.

Old 07-24-2020, 07:24 PM   #25
E2ME2
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post
Try turning your modem on and off. Usually, your provider will assign you a different IP address; this will give you a better chance of getting on MO again.

Just closing the browser, or going in with a different browser may work also. First time I had this happen I thought I must have said something or spelled something dreadfully wrong in a post !
Then it occurred to me, I had just started using Norton 360 with VPN security, and after closing out the browser and trying again, I got in fine.

I did, however, send a note to MO Admin, and I never got a reply.
Perhaps it was also blocked ??
Old 07-30-2020, 10:19 AM   #26
BobParr
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post

Thanks, and sorry you had to share more than you would rather have. I have rebooted the both the router and the gateway/modem, no luck. I guess it is what it is. I will miss my evening catch-ups with the forum, as I don't have the time to do so from work.

I'm happy to DM you my actual IP if you'd like to take a look. If it's a VPN, it was set up by my provider, not me. I think it's more likely a provisioned subnet than a VPN, but I've been known to be wrong once or twice a year :-).
BobParr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 06:18 PM   #27
BobParr
One Bedroom

Just returning from 4 days at Kidani, my IP was blocked the whole time there as well. Iím in the air on Southwest WiFi right now and it works fine. Iím still blocked from home even though I donít use a VPN.
BobParr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 07:37 PM   #28
sawickipedia
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Just returning from 4 days at Kidani, my IP was blocked the whole time there as well. Iím in the air on Southwest WiFi right now and it works fine. Iím still blocked from home even though I donít use a VPN.
Disney's wifi IP addresses are being blocked - same issue while I at WDW in July. The issue is that public wifi systems are often used by spammers which unfortunately includes WDW. WDW uses a fairly typical hotel ISP and that's likely the issue.
sawickipedia is offline   Reply With Quote