home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 09-08-2020, 12:59 AM   #1
DisneyTravelers
Grand Villa
 
DisneyTravelers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 2,327
Default SSR Updated Room @ The Springs

The Congress Park section of SSR was finished a while ago. And, I read a post today (Sept. 7, 2020) where a lady said she got an updated / renovated room at The Springs....sounds like they are making progress on the SSR renovation!
__________________
Trip Report:
"Dole Whips, Disney Trips & Memories To never Forget:
http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=137109

Trip Report:
The Tale of Two Trips - The Princesses & The Dudes Take On NYE
http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=134143


Spring Break Trip Report / How To Beat The Crowds & Still Have FUN!
http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=64670

First Time Cruiser Trip Report http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=87522


Me DH DS22 DD16

DisneyTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 07:24 AM   #2
bubster
Grand Villa
 
bubster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Washington IL
Posts: 4,735
Default

Progress!! Yay!!
__________________
Visitor Since '75 owner since '09
bubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 12:59 PM   #3
E2ME2
One Bedroom
 
E2ME2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MD
Posts: 384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyTravelers View Post
The Congress Park section of SSR was finished a while ago. And, I read a post today (Sept. 7, 2020) where a lady said she got an updated / renovated room at The Springs....sounds like they are making progress on the SSR renovation!
Great News - we hit the SSR Preferred section in January - looking forward to the new digs!
__________________
ET
SSR-2011
E2ME2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 01:45 PM   #4
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado
 
Goofygrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 14,140
Default

Did I read somewhere they had shut down all of the Springs for the renovations? The lower visitor numbers should really help speed up now and get caught up for the time they shut down on them. (even though we saw houses built during that time and Dolphin kept working.....)
__________________
Three Little Circles
Goofygrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 02:08 PM   #5
bubster
Grand Villa
 
bubster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Washington IL
Posts: 4,735
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
Did I read somewhere they had shut down all of the Springs for the renovations? The lower visitor numbers should really help speed up now and get caught up for the time they shut down on them.
You would think.

I thought that maybe they would have continued to work during the shut down but apparently not. Iím just happy things are moving along now.
__________________
Visitor Since '75 owner since '09
bubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 03:07 PM   #6
HauntedPirate
Two Bedroom
 
HauntedPirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: MN
Posts: 981
Default

Happy to hear room renovations are moving forward!
__________________
-=Dave (aka. HauntedPirate)
"Safety, Courtesy, Show, Efficiency"
SSR, CCV
MOD 30
MODly Men Of The World (MMotW) Fantasy Football keeper league:
2008: 3rd place; 2009: 1st!; 2010: 4th; 2011: 4th; 2012: 8th; 2013: 3rd; 2014: 8th; 2015: 5th; 2016: 9th

HauntedPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 07:05 PM   #7
Disney dreaming
Two Bedroom
 
Disney dreaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 862
Default

I hope they are working while at less capacity
Disney dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 09:07 AM   #8
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado
 
cmrdgrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: 12 Grimmauld Pl
Posts: 8,129
Default

Obviously, Disney doesn't guarantee requests, but the last time I stayed at SSR with my BFF the pull-out sofa was miserable. I was really hoping that when we stayed at SSR we might have a shot at a renovated room.

Are there some sections over others where you have a better chance of getting a renovated room?Better chance booking standard or preferred view?
__________________
Carolyn

Where I'm Going 2020:
All Personal Travel is Under Construction
cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 09:29 AM   #9
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado
 
JaxFLBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Longwood, FL
Posts: 7,542
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrdgrs View Post
Are there some sections over others where you have a better chance of getting a renovated room?Better chance booking standard or preferred view?
All of Congress Park (preferred) has been renovated.
__________________
Michael
JaxFLBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 01:00 PM   #10
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado
 
Goofygrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 14,140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrdgrs View Post
Obviously, Disney doesn't guarantee requests, but the last time I stayed at SSR with my BFF the pull-out sofa was miserable. I was really hoping that when we stayed at SSR we might have a shot at a renovated room.

Are there some sections over others where you have a better chance of getting a renovated room?Better chance booking standard or preferred view?
You want to book preferred. No standard views have been renovated yet.
__________________
Three Little Circles
Goofygrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:10 AM.

© MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software