home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-07-2019, 10:45 PM   #1
Zsawyer
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default How many park days?

Going on a week long trip, our usual trip length. Typically we run around like crazy and hit the parks hard all week. This trip were talking about doing things a little differently and trying to make it more relaxing and more pool time. So Im wondering, how many ticket days do you typically purchase for a week long trip?
Zsawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 10:54 PM   #2
brp
Add-on Aficionado

For a week-long trip, that would be 7 park days. No reason to be at Disney without being at a park.

OTOH, IMO, no reason to be at Disney for as long as 7 days, but that's just me

Cheers.
Old 09-07-2019, 11:10 PM   #3
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsawyer View Post
Going on a week long trip, our usual trip length. Typically we run around like crazy and hit the parks hard all week. This trip were talking about doing things a little differently and trying to make it more relaxing and more pool time. So Im wondering, how many ticket days do you typically purchase for a week long trip?
I agree with brp. I tend to either buy tickets for every day we're there or have an AP.

Going for a week I'd expect you go at least 4 days... and each day after 4 seems to be barely any more money... at least with Hoppers. Look at the price of 7 days versus 4 and see whether that flexibility is worth it to you. I at least would go do a few fastpasses in a park each day and then relax
pdude81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 11:19 PM   #4
Doug Disney
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
I agree with brp. I tend to either buy tickets for every day we're there or have an AP.

Going for a week I'd expect you go at least 4 days... and each day after 4 seems to be barely any more money... at least with Hoppers. Look at the price of 7 days versus 4 and see whether that flexibility is worth it to you. I at least would go do a few fastpasses in a park each day and then relax
Agreed with this, even if you don't go, the price seems to make sense to get 7 days, worth it for the flexibility (even if you only go for a couple hours a couple of the days.)

Maybe this is the wrong crowd to ask this question
Doug Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 11:23 PM   #5
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

For every day. The parks are our reason to go there. If we dont have a ticket for Disney every day its because weve gone to the dark side a day or two. We dont necessarily go from open to close though.
Old 09-08-2019, 06:19 AM   #6
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

We vacation at Disney a little different than the majority. Disney is our home away from home. We don't have to do a park every day. We enjoy the resorts, beautiful leisurely walkways, enjoying a boat ride from one resort to another and exploring (visiting the horses at Ft. Wilderness, etc.). That being said, I always make sure we have a ticket for everyday there which allows for the go with the flow flexibility, allowing us not to stress when we do decide to go to a park.
WDWGoof is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 08:15 AM   #7
AnnaS
Grand Villa

We have had APs for years now so we don't need to think or worry how many days we might need/want for our stay.

When we bought park hoppers, we used to buy the 10 day plus. It was years ago when they did not expire. We would relax (pool, DS, BW area, resort hop, etc.) on arrival and check-out day. Throw in a water park in between and get two trips out of it.

For two people, might not be worth the hassle, but for a family of 4/5 you might want to check out Undercovertourist.com (go through the Mousesavers link) and see if they have buy days or five days and get one free. You might then want to consider relaxing (pool, DS, BW area, etc.) on arrival and departure day.

Just a thought/option

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 08:25 AM   #8
John2247
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
For a week-long trip, that would be 7 park days. No reason to be at Disney without being at a park.
Old 09-08-2019, 08:47 AM   #9
grayandry
Grand Villa

If we were going for 7 days, wed probably get tickets for 5. We like to do MK for 2 days because of all of the rides. Also, we like to take some time to relax at the resorts, so thats what I would do on the other 2 days.
grayandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 09:03 AM   #10
bakerworld
Grand Villa

My BIL would say 5 days - they do DS on the first day to unwind from travel and the last day is really packing and leaving so he feels these two days are a ticket waste.

Another BIL and my younger kids (31 and 35) would do 2 days because their idea of a vacation involves DS and the pool. The BIL will do massages and tours - the 'kids' are resting up for a busy night. My sisters would be in this group also.

When we have tickets they're APs but I will say that last day we pack and leave so no park time.

We're sending our oldest with her hubs and 8yo over President's Day Wkend - Thursday to Monday. We're purchasing them a MYW 3 day for a 5D stay. How they want to use their 3 days is up to them.