home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > Welcome to the Forums!
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-25-2019, 08:07 PM   #1
DISJeff74
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default New DIS Guy

Hello from Connecticut....went to WDW for the first time in late July after 44 years on this earth and much to my surprise I absolutely loved it. I have since already booked 5 nights at the Poly for June 2020 by renting DVC points....canít wait to stay at the Poly after getting to experience it by going to the Luau my last night....my big decision now is where I stay for the first 3 nights as I want to do a split stay!
DISJeff74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 09:40 PM   #2
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Welcome aboard.
Brian5581 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 09:58 PM   #3
capeokw56
Grand Villa

Decisions, decisions... so many possibilities. For us, theme is the most important aspect followed by location. Good luck with your decision making!
capeokw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 09:59 PM   #4
fuzzylogic
One Bedroom

So you hadn't been as a kid? I wonder how that is to see Disney for the first time as a grown-up. I have vivid memories from when I went back then of riding the ~one~ monorail loop around, watching the Polynesian stop go by. I appreciate that we were able to do those things then, and that's a lot of why I make a point to do them now. We'd stayed in the Poly a few years later. It was the best hotel in the world!

Now is about the time to be planning for June 2020. Enjoy!
fuzzylogic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 05:28 AM   #5
AnnaS
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISJeff74 View Post
Hello from Connecticut....went to WDW for the first time in late July after 44 years on this earth and much to my surprise I absolutely loved it. I have since already booked 5 nights at the Poly for June 2020 by renting DVC points....canít wait to stay at the Poly after getting to experience it by going to the Luau my last night....my big decision now is where I stay for the first 3 nights as I want to do a split stay!
Welcome to MO!!!

Let the planning begin!!! Another great part of vacation

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 06:24 AM   #6
DISJeff74

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeokw56 View Post
Decisions, decisions... so many possibilities. For us, theme is the most important aspect followed by location. Good luck with your decision making!
In regards to theme, to say I loved the Poly would be an understatement. I’ve already purchased a Trader Sam’s Hawaiian Shirt. I intend to immerse myself in the Poly lifestyle in June. The only thing preventing me from 3 more nights there is I know we will be very park intensive. I still can’t believe I walked 70 miles this past late July.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzylogic View Post
So you hadn't been as a kid? I wonder how that is to see Disney for the first time as a grown-up. I have vivid memories from when I went back then of riding the ~one~ monorail loop around, watching the Polynesian stop go by. I appreciate that we were able to do those things then, and that's a lot of why I make a point to do them now. We'd stayed in the Poly a few years later. It was the best hotel in the world!

Now is about the time to be planning for June 2020. Enjoy!
I’m big on nostalgia and all things that are considered original or first edition etc.. I could feel how special the place is and must have been on the bus seeing the Contemporary and the Castle for the first time as we drove toward MK. Admittedly I do feel I missed out not being able to experience in the late 70’s and early 80’s when I was a kid. Oh well...I intend to make up for it over the next few years and if my wife has her way we may become DVC members. She is a fanatic and was fortunate to stay at the Poly in the late 80’s.
DISJeff74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 06:40 AM   #7
ajc
Grand Villa

We love Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo house for the animals and Boardwalk/Beach club for walkability to EPCOT.
I never got to go as a child so my first experience was in my 30's at a conference to scope out the World then fly to family (DH DD DD) down. Did the same conference every 5 yrs with family in tow. Now as empty nesters we go 3 times a year (F&W F&G conference). It is a great escape and the only place I feel like I am treated like royalty . The Disney brand of hospitality is awesome.

Last edited by ajc; 09-26-2019 at 06:50 AM.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 06:45 AM   #8
melk
Grand Villa

Quote:
I would stay at an Epcot resort for the first three days. Boardwalk or Beach Club are both great choices and completely unlike the atmosphere of the Poly.
melk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 07:19 AM   #9
plahaye

Quote:
In regards to theme, to say I loved the Poly would be an understatement. Iíve already purchased a Trader Samís Hawaiian Shirt. I intend to immerse myself in the Poly lifestyle in June. The only thing preventing me from 3 more nights there is I know we will be very park intensive. I still canít believe I walked 70 miles this past late July.

Iím big on nostalgia and all things that are considered original or first edition etc.. I could feel how special the place is and must have been on the bus seeing the Contemporary and the Castle for the first time as we drove toward MK. Admittedly I do feel I missed out not being able to experience in the late 70ís and early 80ís when I was a kid. Oh well...I intend to make up for it over the next few years and if my wife has her way we may become DVC members. She is a fanatic and was fortunate to stay at the Poly in the late 80ís.

My first time going was in 2004, my youngest was 2, oldest at age 9. I grew up watching Disney on abc on Sunday evenings...since then, we have gone several times, then joined DVC in 2015 and have gone 2-3 times annually as members. There are no words to explain the "magic" still felt each trip "home". I am same age as you are, and bought into DVC for my grandchildren...I don't have yet....lol; with my son soon starting college, I am planning on using points for other things but nothing is like jumping on the Magical express heading home. The hospitality of staff and going above and beyond from Disney staff is unbeatable..!!! enjoy your planning!

home resorts BLT (2015) and AKL (2017)
plahaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 04:42 PM   #10
nrspepe
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by melk View Post
I would stay at an Epcot resort for the first three days. Boardwalk or Beach Club are both great choices and completely unlike the atmosphere of the Poly.
I agree. Plan your park visits around your resort stays. Epcot and HS while staying at Boardwalk or Beach Club. And, MK and AK while staying at the Poly.
nrspepe is offline   Reply With Quote