home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tours and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-06-2019, 05:24 PM   #1
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Default New Reunion Station use (and my DH will love it)

https://blogmickey.com/2019/09/new-r...derness-lodge/

Owners since 2006- HHI, BWV & CCV
DVC trip(s): Dec 19-21 AKV GV & Dec 21-28 Vistana / May 9-13, 2020 HHI
Next cruise(s): July 11, 2020 HAL Amsterdam & March 8, 2021 Celebrity Reflection
Lamima is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 05:28 PM   #2
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Just a couple of days ago I was wondering if they were going to go back to the original purpose of Reunion Station. Guess not. They are just determined to have to be a paid DVC location vs what it was initially reported by DVC to be.

So, this isn't terrible but the big question - "What 2 games?" Will they have all the games on different monitors ala ESPN? Or are they picking a team for each time slot?
Old 09-06-2019, 05:29 PM   #3
Yogi3323
Add-on Aficionado

Location: to Quote Bruce .. "somewhere in the swamps of Jersey"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
Love it!!!!! Price isn’t bad also!!! But I hope you can buy additional drinks
Old 09-06-2019, 05:30 PM   #4
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
Just a couple of days ago I was wondering if they were going to go back to the original purpose of Reunion Station. Guess not. They are just determined to have to be a paid DVC location vs what it was initially reported by DVC to be.

So, this isn't terrible but the big question - "What 2 games?" Will they have all the games on different monitors ala ESPN? Or are they picking a team for each time slot?
I was just about to post that when I saw your reply. I wonder what two games.

Not sure if DH would do it or not. Depending on the crowd he'd likely just want a sports bar setting.

I'm also disappointed at the paid offerings vs making it a CH like originally stated. Oh well.
Old 09-06-2019, 05:36 PM   #5
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

I wonder what games and how many they show?? Would be nice to show multiple but sounded more like they pick just one each time slot.

When we used RS last Oct, DH watched football and we ate and drank and the place was empty (1 other family). We discussed, while sitting there, how great it was for sports watching because ESPN always has a line out the door (and in the heat). We liked The Wave but they are slow slow slow to serve you and if you ask them to change the channel it takes them forever. Outer Rim wouldn't even try to find the channel and we've had other issues at other bars. So it's nice to have dedicated sports watching space that you don't have to stand outside in the heat in a long line to get in. But we discussed the RS use for this very thing and in fact had a Dec 2 night stay booked at CCV with plans to get RS again so us 4 adults could watch sports and eat/drink. But then they cancelled RS so we switched over to AKV (and a 3BR GV to watch in or the Jambo bar where we've watched sports with some success before but SLOW SLOW SLOW service). Paying $50pp, we should get good service. And I agree, Yogi, ^^^ I hope we can buy additional drinks.

Next cruise(s): July 11, 2020 HAL Amsterdam & March 8, 2021 Celebrity Reflection
Old 09-06-2019, 05:51 PM   #6
HepperSchepp
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Sigh you need a bluecard?
They should be begging for people to come
HepperSchepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 05:57 PM   #7
DVCQUEEN
Grand Villa

Not bad for food and drinks.

Although the children receiving a Mickey Bar AND a Dole Whip is a little scary!
DVCQUEEN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 06:12 PM   #8
DBridge
Studio

"Admission to Reunion Station to view 2 football games—a game starting at noon / 1:00 and a game starting in the mid-to-late afternoon"

Hopefully they've thought this through and will have multiple tv's/games on at the same time. You can't have a "game day lounge" and only have 1 game on. I can see the fight for the remote already.
DBridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 06:18 PM   #9
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBridge View Post
"Admission to Reunion Station to view 2 football games—a game starting at noon / 1:00 and a game starting in the mid-to-late afternoon"

Hopefully they've thought this through and will have multiple tv's/games on at the same time. You can't have a "game day lounge" and only have 1 game on. I can see the fight for the remote already.
This EXACTLY! I will call and ask questions but MS won't have a clue

Old 09-06-2019, 06:20 PM   #10
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

And for $50/person it needs to be lots of seating/comfortable for all. In thinking about it I'd probably just prefer one of the lounges and ordering as we wished.

If the games are awful you order 1 drink and head out for something else. At the lounge? $50 and the game is a blow out? Boring but you're going to stay anyway.

They'll never have the Vikings on anyway.

Last edited by Goofygrl; 09-06-2019 at 06:28 PM.
Goofygrl is offline   Reply With Quote