home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Perks Pages"
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-06-2019, 01:18 PM   #1
The Talls
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Early entrance to MVMCP

Okay, so I need an answer as my son is trying to confirm some stuff for our upcoming Food and Wine trip. My wife and I are DVC, my son and his wife are not. We purchased their BWV for the trip on our point and we also bought 4 tickets to MVMCP with our DVC discount, 2 for them and 2 for us. Question is; I know whe can enter MK as early as 2PM as DVC, will they be allowed to also ? they will be with us.
The Talls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 01:29 PM   #2
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

From the member website:
Quote:
Early Entry to the Park
Mickeyís Very Merry Christmas Party takes place from 7:00 PM to midnightóbut Disney Vacation Club Members and their guests can get a head start on the fun with entry to Magic Kingdom park as early as 2:00 PM!

Simply present your valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card and your event ticket at the main entrance touch points to take advantage of this benefit. Valid for the Member and up to 7 guests with tickets to this eventóa total of 8 people.
https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go...ristmas-party/
Old 09-06-2019, 01:50 PM   #3
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
Have DVC members always been able to enter at 2 pm instead of 4 pm or has this changed recently? Does it apply to everybody? I always thought the ticket was for 4 pm entry.

The price increases aren't that bad if you get two extra hours in the park - very easy to use that for a full day's experience.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 02:06 PM   #4
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
Have DVC members always been able to enter at 2 pm instead of 4 pm or has this changed recently? Does it apply to everybody? I always thought the ticket was for 4 pm entry.

The price increases aren't that bad if you get two extra hours in the park - very easy to use that for a full day's experience.

Dirk
I believe last year was the first time it was offered as a DVC benefit. Possibly the year prior but no longer than that.
Old 09-06-2019, 03:18 PM   #5
JudieHopps
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Talls View Post
Okay, so I need an answer as my son is trying to confirm some stuff for our upcoming Food and Wine trip. My wife and I are DVC, my son and his wife are not. We purchased their BWV for the trip on our point and we also bought 4 tickets to MVMCP with our DVC discount, 2 for them and 2 for us. Question is; I know whe can enter MK as early as 2PM as DVC, will they be allowed to also ? they will be with us.
Yes.
You can all get in together early.
Be sure all of you and the tickets are linked on MDE

Have a blast!
JudieHopps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 03:23 PM   #6
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
I believe last year was the first time it was offered as a DVC benefit. Possibly the year prior but no longer than that.
So, DVC only? That's kinda cool. Of course, many of us have APs and the cost differential of an additional ticket day may not be that much, but it is a gesture in the right direction!

Just as I'm getting through this year just fine without TiW and just using DVC discounts, I might think about that for length of stay tickets coupled with special events if I'm in a year that an AP doesn't make sense.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 03:43 PM   #7
The.disney.couple
Two Bedroom

I was able to do this last October, I bought all the tickets from DVC with the discount but not everyone was a member. Although we were all staying in the same room.

We were able to make a full day out of Magic Kingdom and do all the rides we wanted. I think it is a really nice perk that I hope stays around (We are west coast and don't get wdw APs)

Check out my disney photography
https://www.instagram.com/the.disney.couple/?hl=en
The.disney.couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 04:00 PM   #8
Nickys
Grand Villa

Just note this is a blue card perk. You need your membership card and photo ID.

But member plus up to 7 guests. Guests can be anyone, they donít need to be on the reservation or even onsite. They only have to have tickets to the party.

Iím also guessing that if DH and I were to go (both on the deeds), we could only take 7 guests between us.

And it started last year.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 04:13 PM   #9
a1000monkeys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
So, DVC only? That's kinda cool. Of course, many of us have APs and the cost differential of an additional ticket day may not be that much, but it is a gesture in the right direction!

Just as I'm getting through this year just fine without TiW and just using DVC discounts, I might think about that for length of stay tickets coupled with special events if I'm in a year that an AP doesn't make sense.

Dirk
We are squeezing in our third and final trip on our AP. It expires on the 10th and we are attending the Halloween Party on the 11th. I was debating getting the tickets or just doing a non-park day before we fly out the next day but early entry made that decision easier.
Old 09-06-2019, 09:07 PM   #10
ilphil
Studio

Default Re-entry?

Can anyone tell me if you can use your MVMCP ticket to enter the park after 2pm, then leave for a few hours and re-enter the park later?

Thanks
ilphil is offline   Reply With Quote