home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-09-2019, 09:33 PM   #51
disneycrazy
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by D C View Post
So you basically figured out how to get her from Downtown Disney (yes, I know) to AK via buses?

How long will it take her?
If she drove, it would take her about an hour. On the bus it should be about 45 min. They take the toll road.

Quote:
"Meh" and "Lions" isn't terrible, I suppose.

And freaking Monday, isn't it?

Had another busy weekend. Another trip up North (about an hour from Pam) to a friend's cabin/house. Another weekend of helping with rough electrical...ok, more like doing while he helped. Left home around 8 on Saturday morning. Home at 9:30 last night. Managed 20+ hours of work in that time. Managed to get things done to the point where he can get an inspection tomorrow. I have no kind words for the new inspector in his area, so I'll refrain from comment.

Just need to get through this week and we'll have a nice relaxing weekend with some friends. Y'all would like them, I think.
I spent all weekend painting. New windows installed today. They look fantastic. My Mom and Dad came and were here while they were installing. My parents painted our living/dining room, a second coat, while they waited. Not bad for two people north of 70.

Quote:
I'll say that I'm shocked at how painless implant surgery was. Surgery was Friday. I took Motrin that day, and on Saturday morning I took some Motrin because the doc said to for swelling. That was it. The pain is seriously not even there. Crazy. If I touch below my gumline, it hurts less than a canker sore.
Iíve had root canals and went to work after, no pain killers. Good to hear no pain.
Old 09-09-2019, 09:35 PM   #52
D C
Add-on Aficionado

45 minutes on the bus instead of a hour of driving?? That's a win! Like taking the monorail to MK from Epcot on Xmas day instead of driving (assuming, of course, that the "modernised" monorail is functioning properly )
Old 09-09-2019, 09:36 PM   #53
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Glad surgery went so well, Dave. And well done over the weekend, very impressive. Your next weekend sounds intriguing...
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 09:49 PM   #54
D C
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Glad surgery went so well, Dave. And well done over the weekend, very impressive. Your next weekend sounds intriguing...
I think next weekend should be at least "ok" Brian. I'll let you know.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:25 PM   #55
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
I think next weekend should be at least "ok" Brian. I'll let you know.

Just as long as no oneís doing anything crazy like driving for 5 hours, half of them after midnight...
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 11:49 AM   #56
ggatorgirl
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycrazy View Post
My Mom and Dad came and were here while they were installing. My parents painted our living/dining room, a second coat, while they waited. Not bad for two people north of 70.
Hey, are you implying that 'north of 70' is old???? Although personally, I would rather 'watch' someone install windows than actually paint 2 rooms.
ggatorgirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 06:49 PM   #57
Fmer55
Add-on Aficionado

Kelly, looks like you will finish before me, although the staircase railing and crown mouldings downstairs are in. Measuring for granite tomorrow, vanities are in. Things are progressing not so rapidly.

Dave, great news on the teeth.

This weekend or next weekend for Michigan meet?

DH, me(Mike)MOD136, DW DD13DD10
Fmer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 07:28 PM   #58
disneycrazy
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fmer55 View Post
Kelly, looks like you will finish before me, although the staircase railing and crown mouldings downstairs are in. Measuring for granite tomorrow, vanities are in. Things are progressing not so rapidly.

Dave, great news on the teeth.

This weekend or next weekend for Michigan meet?
My counters were ordered last week. Hopefully another two weeks and they will install. And for the record, I started far later than you and only did my kitchen and the floors on my main level.

MO meet is this weekend! I canít wait!
Old 09-10-2019, 08:43 PM   #59
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

kzrooster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 09:10 PM   #60
beansprout
Grand Villa

This weekend Mike...do you need a ride from the airport?
Sue, youíre nowhere near north of 70 so no prob! (Disney wonít let anyone act over 29 )
Glad the mouth is doing okay Dave, have fun with your friends this weekend! Oh, wait...
Dan, Pam and Dave, see you real soon in your home State!
beansprout is offline   Reply With Quote