home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: Fireworks should be stopped because of air polluition.
Yes. But only when I am 80. 3 6.12%
No. Get rid of the automobile first. No touchy fireworks. 18 36.73%
Got to have the big ka-boom. 25 51.02%
Fireworks? What fireworks? 3 6.12%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-30-2019, 01:42 PM   #21
cw62803
Two Bedroom

We're talking about a company that air conditions the outside air, flies 5 helicopters around all day long to monitor storms, has hundreds of boats and buses in continuous operation, etc.

If they try to take away my precious fireworks - pretending to care about the environment, but really just trying to save money - I will hunt down those responsible and beat them with paper straws.
cw62803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 04:51 PM   #22
PirateLinda
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Nope. Not interested in discontinuing or downsizing. Iím fine with most eco-conscious decisions, but this wouldnít be one of them. Fireworks are one of the highlights of our trips. I donít want projections or virtual fireworks. I want the awesome wonder of the real McCoy.
donít mess with the fireworks.

Upcoming Trips:
7/28-8/1 BWV
9/29-10/2 SSR
10/20-10/27 AKV - Kidani
2/14-2/17 SSR
2/17-2/21 BWV
PirateLinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 05:09 PM   #23
cali09
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw62803 View Post
We're talking about a company that air conditions the outside air, flies 5 helicopters around all day long to monitor storms, has hundreds of boats and buses in continuous operation, etc.

If they try to take away my precious fireworks - pretending to care about the environment, but really just trying to save money - I will hunt down those responsible and beat them with paper straws.
Yes!

I'm tired of that BS corporate line as well.

"to educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
Theodore Roosevelt
cali09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 11:31 AM   #24
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boundin' View Post
The truly green thing to do would be to close the Disney Parks and Resorts altogether and allow the land to return to it's natural state and eliminate all the omissions associated with the massive amounts of travel there.

Another alternative is to encourage pollution and accelerate the extinction of the human race which will be the ultimate benefit to the planet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
Makes more sense to close Disney then we won't expend all the various types of fuels getting there etc.

Oh, and it'll take care of the "problem" of Disney fireworks too.
Hah! I was going to post the same thing. Yes. All vacation should be hikes in natural parks where the air is pure and no damage can be done!!!

These National Parks Got an “F” in Air Pollution

Dirk

carolina_yankee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 11:34 AM   #25
carolina_yankee
Administrator

I voted get rid of the automobile first.

They could easily reward the use of shared transportation or Disney transportation by waiving all fees (or giving guests a room discount) if they voluntarily let their car be booted or parked in a lot that is monitored to prevent early exits without charging the room.

I'm hard core. No more of this "let's get rid of fireworks because . . ." while insisting on our SUVs and car rentals until there is actually scientific data that says we need to do so.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is online now   Reply With Quote