home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-21-2019, 02:57 PM   #21
Redhead58
Two Bedroom

Based on posts in this thread, I did cancel my second magic band for a split stay I am doing. I don't really need all those bands and from what everyone has said, one will work for both places. We are doing the meal plan at both places, so I hope there is no issue on the day we change, in using those plans.

BLT
BWV
CCV
Redhead58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 09:00 PM   #22
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhead58 View Post
Based on posts in this thread, I did cancel my second magic band for a split stay I am doing. I don't really need all those bands and from what everyone has said, one will work for both places. We are doing the meal plan at both places, so I hope there is no issue on the day we change, in using those plans.
Did you have to do check-in to cancel, as noted above?

As to the bands working- the band has nothing to do with the stay, so there should be no need to have two bands doing the same thing.

Cheers.
Old 08-22-2019, 12:45 PM   #23
Redhead58
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Did you have to do check-in to cancel, as noted above?

As to the bands working- the band has nothing to do with the stay, so there should be no need to have two bands doing the same thing.

Cheers.
No, I am pretty sure I didn't do check-in to cancel. I am trying to recall the sequence but I think I did the opt out, then several days or a week later checked in.
I only recently checked in, since I am within my 60 day window now. I know they let you check in sooner, but it seems pointless to me to check in too early.
I just tried to edit my order and there is no option to cancel.

So I have a question. When they ship the bands, do they ship to more than one address or will the main person get them all? That's harder for me as we are all coming in at different times and live in different areas of the east coast.

BLT
BWV
CCV

Last edited by Redhead58; 08-22-2019 at 01:08 PM.
Old 08-22-2019, 03:25 PM   #24
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
No, I am pretty sure I didn't do check-in to cancel. I am trying to recall the sequence but I think I did the opt out, then several days or a week later checked in.
I only recently checked in, since I am within my 60 day window now. I know they let you check in sooner, but it seems pointless to me to check in too early.
I just tried to edit my order and there is no option to cancel.

So I have a question. When they ship the bands, do they ship to more than one address or will the main person get them all? That's harder for me as we are all coming in at different times and live in different areas of the east coast.
They will all ship to a single address. You can change it to whatever address you want that to be but it can only be one for each rooms order.
Old 08-22-2019, 07:59 PM   #25
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Well, I just checked and still see no option to Decline

Cheers.
Old 09-09-2019, 09:44 AM   #26
Redhead58
Two Bedroom

Default Magic Band ship time changed?

I just wanted to check to see if anyone else notices a change to the ship dates for the Magic Bands. It used to be nearly a month before, I thought.

I have two reservations as a split stay, one for a day with just three of us, and the other for a couple of days but with 7 of us. I just received the bands for the first night stay (3 weeks, 2 days ahead) and I am waiting for the second set of bands, because I will have to mail them to the other group.

When I check the reservation for the second stay, now it says you can customize up to 11 days ahead of the stay date. That does not give me much time to get them mailed to the others! It will be the first time the kids get Magic Bands and I wanted them to be able to wear them on the plane and at the airport when they check in. Now I am not sure I can get them mailed and to them in time. I am kinda bummed about that. I realize I should have put my nephew's name on that reservation as the primary, so the bands would go to them, but it's too late for that, I think. Maybe I can call MS and have him be primary?

I think this must be a change because I did get the bands already for the first night stay.

BLT
BWV
CCV
Old 09-09-2019, 10:08 AM   #27
Kakabel
Two Bedroom

I had the same thin occur to me. Our magic bands are being sent 10 days before our trip begins (supposed to ship today, we arrive 9/21). I actually called to inquire, and after getting the IT run around, finally got to a person who could give me a ship date (you have to ask for the IT help desk for some reason). The guy who I spoke to on the phone said they have always sent them 10 days before arrival. I didn't have the will to give him the "we have been there SO many times, and they ALWAYS come 30 days out!"

So it would seem they're sending them later now. Who knows if this will persist? Possible this was from the hurricane or some other delay.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:16 AM   #28
Redhead58
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakabel View Post
I had the same thin occur to me. Our magic bands are being sent 10 days before our trip begins (supposed to ship today, we arrive 9/21). I actually called to inquire, and after getting the IT run around, finally got to a person who could give me a ship date (you have to ask for the IT help desk for some reason). The guy who I spoke to on the phone said they have always sent them 10 days before arrival. I didn't have the will to give him the "we have been there SO many times, and they ALWAYS come 30 days out!"

So it would seem they're sending them later now. Who knows if this will persist? Possible this was from the hurricane or some other delay.
Maybe. It did originate out of Tampa and the main distribution center for the USPS is Jacksonville, where this shipment came north from. I am going to call MS this afternoon and see if I can put my nephew on as primary. I am hoping I can still do that but I have already checked in, so I am not sure.

BLT
BWV
CCV

Last edited by Redhead58; 09-09-2019 at 10:22 AM.
Old 09-09-2019, 12:23 PM   #29
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
I just wanted to check to see if anyone else notices a change to the ship dates for the Magic Bands. It used to be nearly a month before, I thought.

I have two reservations as a split stay, one for a day with just three of us, and the other for a couple of days but with 7 of us. I just received the bands for the first night stay (3 weeks, 2 days ahead) and I am waiting for the second set of bands, because I will have to mail them to the other group.

When I check the reservation for the second stay, now it says you can customize up to 11 days ahead of the stay date. That does not give me much time to get them mailed to the others! It will be the first time the kids get Magic Bands and I wanted them to be able to wear them on the plane and at the airport when they check in. Now I am not sure I can get them mailed and to them in time. I am kinda bummed about that. I realize I should have put my nephew's name on that reservation as the primary, so the bands would go to them, but it's too late for that, I think. Maybe I can call MS and have him be primary?

I think this must be a change because I did get the bands already for the first night stay.
My own question - I've seen the customize up to date and have customized. Where do you see the ship date or when it's been shipped now or if it's even being processed?

I was surprised (or maybe shouldn't be) at how much less efficient it was to try and order bands this time than it used to be.
Old 09-09-2019, 12:36 PM   #30
Redhead58
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
My own question - I've seen the customize up to date and have customized. Where do you see the ship date or when it's been shipped now or if it's even being processed?

I was surprised (or maybe shouldn't be) at how much less efficient it was to try and order bands this time than it used to be.
I just received my bands for the first stay today. The only way I knew the ship date was because I got an email with the tracking number. When I looked at MDE in the magic bands area after the final customize date, it said processing, I think. Magic band last customize date was Aug 31. Received tracking number email Sep 6, received bands Sep 9.

I agree, it was not very efficient. I still can't cancel one of my bands, even though I don't need the second one.

As an update to the above issue I had, I was able to change my nephew to the primary guest and used the Chat feature on the DVC site to do it. It was actually quite easy. I think I have to check in again, but not a problem. I am just relieved the bands are going right to him so the kids can wear them while traveling. They asked me before if it was OK to do that and were so excited about it.

BLT
BWV
CCV