home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-14-2019, 04:45 PM   #1
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Default When do I get Magic Bands for upcoming trip?

I guess what I'm most concerned about is will they usually arrive before or after my DME stuff? I got my DME luggage tags envelope a few days ago, and that reminded me "Hey, I haven't received my MBs yet." I already ordered them, and just today I received an Email saying I have 2 more days to "customize" them. Am I supposed to do something more? Or does this just mean that they'll be sent out in a couple days. I'm just so anxious and want to be sure to do everything right.
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 04:50 PM   #2
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
I guess what I'm most concerned about is will they usually arrive before or after my DME stuff? I got my DME luggage tags envelope a few days ago, and that reminded me "Hey, I haven't received my MBs yet." I already ordered them, and just today I received an Email saying I have 2 more days to "customize" them. Am I supposed to do something more? Or does this just mean that they'll be sent out in a couple days. I'm just so anxious and want to be sure to do everything right.
That means they'll fabricate them starting in a couple of days and send them out a day or two or three after that.
Old 08-14-2019, 05:15 PM   #3
grayandry
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
That means they'll fabricate them starting in a couple of days and send them out a day or two or three after that.
This.
grayandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 08:23 PM   #4
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Or at the desk since we can't decline them at present...

Cheers.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:08 PM   #5
grayandry
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Or at the desk since we can't decline them at present...

Cheers.
ah yes
grayandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 09:32 PM   #6
JudieHopps
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post

Once the customizing date passes they will send them. Up until that point you can still choose or change the color of the band.

No worries, since you already chose.
They will come in no time now!

Have fun!
JudieHopps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 09:45 PM   #7
wingerphil
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

curious as to when you ordered them. We ordered ours July 21st for our first DVC trip in January, still says we can "edit" the order in MDE and they will ship 10 days before our trip. Kind of hoping we would get them sooner rather than later.

Thanks,

Phil
wingerphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 09:52 PM   #8
knapp9

If you have the time, I'd go ahead and customize them. We ordered our magic bands early last spring after making initial resort reservations. Then I noticed a few months later that MDE showed I needed to customize them (again??). Since I was unable to view the original bands I ordered on MDE, I submitted another "customized" order for free bands, and received a confirmatory email that time. That magic band order arrived in the mail a couple of weeks ago. We're leaving for WDW in 2 more weeks, so the long and short of it is the magic bands showed up about a month ahead of time, same lead time as in previous year's trips.
knapp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 09:58 PM   #9
wingerphil

Quote:
Originally Posted by knapp9 View Post
If you have the time, I'd go ahead and customize them. We ordered our magic bands early last spring after making initial resort reservations. Then I noticed a few months later that MDE showed I needed to customize them (again??). Since I was unable to view the original bands I ordered on MDE, I submitted another "customized" order for free bands, and received a confirmatory email that time. That magic band order arrived in the mail a couple of weeks ago. We're leaving for WDW in 2 more weeks, so the long and short of it is the magic bands showed up about a month ahead of time, same lead time as in previous year's trips.
Thanks for the info, did the "customizing" when ordered and got the confirmation online ......now nothing. We are selling our house and changing address' in a couple of weeks, can do forwarding at post office but could not find how to change delivery address on MB order. Only matters if they come other than USPS I suppose.
wingerphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 10:11 PM   #10
knapp9

I think all you need to do is update your MDE account Contact Information in your Profile once you have a new home address. Ours have always been mailed via USPS.
knapp9 is offline   Reply With Quote