home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-29-2019, 10:13 AM   #11
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
We have friends who have been very satisfied with Gold. They do trick out their scooters with extra like cup holders and phone holders. I was mocking those for my friend until I noticed just how handy they were - especially the cell phone holder while using the Disney Parks app.

I also like that they use Pride Victory 10s and have a recent fleet.

I have to say, comparing Gold's website and offerings with the four Disney preferred websites, Gold seems to have the best game in town. Excellent information, upgraded models with longer battery life, well laid out website. They also say the cycle t through their fleet every six months. I'm certain that when I rented from Apple the one time I needed an ECV, that thing was at least 1-2 years old. Worked fine, but definitely used.

Dirk

Donít you still have to meet gold representatives to pick up and return the scooter?

They are not allowed to leave them at bell services .

They also can not go find you if you break down in the park .
Shewill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 10:53 AM   #12
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shewill View Post
Don’t you still have to meet gold representatives to pick up and return the scooter?

Correct, but if you're willing to meet them, it's not a problem.

Breaking down in the park is a bigger issue. If you need the scooter and wouldn't have somebody to help move it out of the park, then I'm not sure what your options are.

In the case of our friends, the person using the scooter could walk if she had to and we could take turns pushing the scooter out the park. It wouldn't be fun, but would be doable.

That said, Gold's answer is that by swapping their fleet out every six months, there shouldn't be a mechanical failure. I don't know how they would handle "worst case scenario" but I'm sure they have a system in place.

There's also no reason why one of their people couldn't come into the park on their own AP and help you get the scooter to this nearest resort and then swap it out.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 11:46 AM   #13
Suflay
Grand Villa

I read all the fine print at Gold Mobility Scooter's web site, along with all the reviews I could find. The staff there carry annual passes and WILL meet you in the parks if you ever have a problem with their scooter. They can't drop off the scooters at your resort or hotel's bell services, but they can meet you in person in the lobby. They pride themseves on not keeping you waiting. They also provide you with a manual that you can refer to if you have any questions about operation of the scooter after they show you how to use it. They use heavy duty batteries and, as mentioned above, their scooters are all within 6 months of brand new.

We used a cheaper brand for our first rental, and I ended up having to push my scooter up the bus ramp because the battery kept dying and wouldn't hold a charge. Switched to Buena Vista and they were fine, but they were more expensive. Found Gold Mobility on one of the online fan sites and have one reserved for November. They charge a flat rate for up to 7 days, then I think it's $10 daily after that (don't quote me). It was cheaper than Buena Vista. They have a portable model and heavier duty models with complementary and extra cost accessories. Looking forward to trying them out. I'm paying $179.99 for 7 nights for the Victory 10 3-Wheel. Same price is available for the 4-wheel model.

https://goldmobilityscooters.com/ (Hope it's okay to put a link here.)

Last edited by Suflay; 06-29-2019 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Adding more info.
Suflay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 12:13 PM   #14
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Donít you still have to meet gold representatives to pick up and return the scooter?

They met me at the resort with the scooter. It took less than 2 minutes to go over the scooter and sign the contract. I returned it at the resort because we were leaving early.

The scooter also charges your cell phone! Although I charged the scooter, it never got low on battery power.

They have specials for weekly discounts, which I liked.

The company is very friendly and I really liked them. Plus, they give you a cover for the controls, in the event of rain.
lovindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 12:22 PM   #15
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovindisney View Post
They met me at the resort with the scooter. It took less than 2 minutes to go over the scooter and sign the contract. I returned it at the resort because we were leaving early.

The scooter also charges your cell phone! Although I charged the scooter, it never got low on battery power.

They have specials for weekly discounts, which I liked.

The company is very friendly and I really liked them. Plus, they give you a cover for the controls, in the event of rain.
So you can just leave it at bell services. That is good to know. I thought you had to meet them again. I donít know why they canít just leave it at the beginning of the trip also. I go solo so I need to the scooter to help unloading my car. I want it there when I get there.
Old 06-29-2019, 12:24 PM   #16
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suflay View Post
I read all the fine print at Gold Mobility Scooter's web site, along with all the reviews I could find. The staff there carry annual passes and WILL meet you in the parks if you ever have a problem with their scooter. They can't drop off the scooters at your resort or hotel's bell services, but they can meet you in person in the lobby. They pride themseves on not keeping you waiting. They also provide you with a manual that you can refer to if you have any questions about operation of the scooter after they show you how to use it. They use heavy duty batteries and, as mentioned above, their scooters are all within 6 months of brand new.

We used a cheaper brand for our first rental, and I ended up having to push my scooter up the bus ramp because the battery kept dying and wouldn't hold a charge. Switched to Buena Vista and they were fine, but they were more expensive. Found Gold Mobility on one of the online fan sites and have one reserved for November. They charge a flat rate for up to 7 days, then I think it's $10 daily after that (don't quote me). It was cheaper than Buena Vista. They have a portable model and heavier duty models with complementary and extra cost accessories. Looking forward to trying them out. I'm paying $179.99 for 7 nights for the Victory 10 3-Wheel. Same price is available for the 4-wheel model.

https://goldmobilityscooters.com/ (Hope it's okay to put a link here.)

That is much more reasonable than Buena vista .
Old 06-29-2019, 01:16 PM   #17
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
So you can just leave it at bell services. That is good to know. I thought you had to meet them again. I donít know why they canít just leave it at the beginning of the trip also. I go solo so I need to the scooter to help unloading my car. I want it there when I get there.
I'm not sure you can leave it at bell services, though maybe they are less picky about that than the delivery. With delivery, there's a risk of guest anger if something is wrong. With pick-up, it's just collecting the thing.

In your case, I can see needing delivery to be timed with your arrival. That would be something where you would need to coordinate your arrival time and their delivery time and be willing to wait a few minutes before unloading.

Alternatively, could you have bell services unload and then deliver to your room while you wait for the scooter delivery.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 01:25 PM   #18
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Cheapest may be to rent at home and bring with you.

At wdw best price mobility is no longer a bargain . They sold to another company.

Gold seems more affordable but are not wdw approved and you must meet them with the scooter . I like to use an approved service so I am using Buena vista . It is located on boardwalk.

I had a bad experience when best price last year .
Sorry, the category is called "featured" NOT WDW "approved". One reason I prefer to meet and pick up/drop off my scooter is that the last time I used one of the "featured" companies, Bell Services had accidentally given my key to someone else, so I had to wait about 1/2 hour for them to find a key that "worked" (yes, the keys are interchangeable). What's funny is that when I called the scooter company to tell them that my key was gone (so I wouldn't get charged for it), the lady I spoke with indicated that it wasn't uncommon. Also I heard of someone who returned their scooter to bell services, only to have the scooter company have no record of it being returned and wanted to continue charging them. I've used several different companies, and find Gold Mobility to have the best customer service and the most comfortable Tillers (is that what you call the things on the handles that make the scooter go?).
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 07:48 PM   #19
ajc
Grand Villa

BV gets my service. Convenient and reliable.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote