home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Perks Pages"
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-10-2019, 08:20 AM   #21
FessParker1
Grand Villa

They all don't need to be at CCV. You can always wait and see what new resorts will be built or just buy BC, BW or BRV in 2043 direct for a new 50 years.
Old 06-10-2019, 11:35 AM   #22
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty View Post
As someone who doesnít use fast passes because they take too much effort, I am wondering, myself, about this planning urge.

I am carefully analyzing my motivations and am wondering if, despite my denials, I really want to take the plunge and buy at Riviera.

I will have to think about this some more. My subconscious may be sending me signals. Expensive signals.
Didnít your daughter have some concerns about the Skyway? If so Iíd at least wait and try them or try a stay there first and see how the transportation works for you.
Old 06-10-2019, 04:21 PM   #23
Crafty
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
Didnít your daughter have some concerns about the Skyway? If so Iíd at least wait and try them or try a stay there first and see how the transportation works for you.
It is very unlikely that we will buy direct at Riviera. I definitely have a cheap streak that is a mile wide. Every time I have looked at RR, I have thought about how I could have twice the points buying resale. Maybe when a RR resale market develops......

We tend to stay in 2 bedrooms and like to go three times a year so we use more points than most. For us, more resale points is better than fewer direct.

If we did eventually buy RR resale, it would be for single or couples trips. My daughter is very stubborn and will not go on the gondolas. She has never gone on the monorail, either, after we were trapped on it. I am more flexible.
Crafty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 09:14 PM   #24
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmoneous View Post
As someone who doesn’t plan farther out than, say, lunch... I gotta admire someone planning for what happens in 2058
We'll be 98 and starting the 24-month countdown. Ideally, we'll even be retired by then...

And our points will (thankfully) have expired 16 years before then.

Cheers.
Old 06-10-2019, 10:54 PM   #25
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
It is very unlikely that we will buy direct at Riviera. I definitely have a cheap streak that is a mile wide. Every time I have looked at RR, I have thought about how I could have twice the points buying resale. Maybe when a RR resale market develops......

We tend to stay in 2 bedrooms and like to go three times a year so we use more points than most. For us, more resale points is better than fewer direct.

If we did eventually buy RR resale, it would be for single or couples trips. My daughter is very stubborn and will not go on the gondolas. She has never gone on the monorail, either, after we were trapped on it. I am more flexible.
Your daughter sounds a lot like my son (19). He will not ride the monorail, and will not ride the gondola. He also dislikes elevators...
Old 06-11-2019, 02:07 AM   #26
Crafty
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
Your daughter sounds a lot like my son (19). He will not ride the monorail, and will not ride the gondola. He also dislikes elevators...
My daughter had been riding the monorail since she was four. No problems. Then it broke down between stops during a summer afternoon ride. The A/C in the car was broken and the car was pretty crowded. It got very hot very fast. While Disney fixed it and got us to the next stop, my daughter was impacted by the incident.

She sees the gondolas as potential ovens. Since they are only cooled by airflow, they could get hot if they were broken down and halted mid-trip in the summer. I tell her that a breakdown is unlikely, but she is not convinced. I think that for her it is a fear of being trapped in a hot enclosed space. She is in her twenties and older than your son, but the only Disney transport that she enjoys is the OKW boat to DS.
Crafty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 07:15 AM   #27
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Quote:
She sees the gondolas as potential ovens. Since they are only cooled by airflow, they could get hot if they were broken down and halted mid-trip in the summer. I tell her that a breakdown is unlikely, but she is not convinced. I think that for her it is a fear of being trapped in a hot enclosed space.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:43 AM   #28
FessParker1
Grand Villa

Quote:

She sees the gondolas as potential ovens. Since they are only cooled by airflow, they could get hot if they were broken down and halted mid-trip in the summer. I think that for her it is a fear of being trapped in a hot enclosed space.
For me that's called a work cubicle.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:35 PM   #29
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by FessParker1 View Post

Ha! Exactly...
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 12:36 PM   #30
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FessParker1 View Post
My cubicle might be a boxy space but it's not suspended in the open air with doors that auto open