home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Perks Pages"
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-15-2019, 01:47 PM   #21
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicsmom View Post
I am not saying that I am going to do this, and obviously it is an abuse of the system but I cannot help but ask...
So you are saying that I can make and use FP+ on an existing ticket held in my account, and I do not have to use that ticket for entry into the park....

So in theory, I could make and use FP+ multiple times on tickets in my account before I actually used those tickets for a park entry?
FP's are linked to you and only can be made if you have a valid ticket media. The FP's are not linked to a particular ticket.
Old 09-15-2019, 02:13 PM   #22
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
So you had no other tickets in your MDE account except for the party tickets? And you were able to make 3 FP? Did you make them 30 days out? THX
We had a one day ticket to EPCOT and the party ticket. We made fastpasses for both days.
kzrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 02:45 PM   #23
PrincipalTinker
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
FP's are linked to you and only can be made if you have a valid ticket media. The FP's are not linked to a particular ticket.
I don’t know if I agree with this. The strategy of holding a ticket in your MDE account under another name, making FPs, and then using “change party” was widely reported for years. I personally never used the strategy and Disney removed “ change party” from recent versions of MDE, but it was used in the past.
PrincipalTinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 02:47 PM   #24
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
I am not saying that I am going to do this, and obviously it is an abuse of the system but I cannot help but ask...
So you are saying that I can make and use FP+ on an existing ticket held in my account, and I do not have to use that ticket for entry into the park....

So in theory, I could make and use FP+ multiple times on tickets in my account before I actually used those tickets for a park entry?
No. You have to use the ticket to enter the park to be able to use the FP. Otherwise your MDE account will get locked.

The system limits you to three FPs booked in advance per day. And to use those FPs you must scan into the park using a ticket

Using the dummy account for a party ticket is an abuse of the FP system, not the ticket system. They enter using their own ticket / AP, use FPs up until whatever time they can enter the park for the party. Then they get a wristband by scanning their physical party ticket or go out and re-enter using their party ticket. They then use the FPs booked using that RFID card.

They still have to have two tickets though, both of which they have to use. It’s a way to pre-book six FPs in a day, instead of three
Nickys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 03:40 PM   #25
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincipalTinker View Post
I don’t know if I agree with this. The strategy of holding a ticket in your MDE account under another name, making FPs, and then using “change party” was widely reported for years. I personally never used the strategy and Disney removed “ change party” from recent versions of MDE, but it was used in the past.
The way I understood the question was holding a ticket in your account but using a different ticket to enter - for the same person. Like have a ticket but eventually buy a party ticket and use it for entry. Or buy an AP and use that eventually. Using that basis my answer is correct.

Using the basis of FP's under a different account then yes, you are correct - it wouldn't work.

FP's can't be changed anymore so anything else and the person wouldn't have access to the FP's.