home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-11-2019, 12:44 PM   #1
a1000monkeys
Grand Villa

Default Tell me about sport tournaments at WDW

I'm sure there are several MOs who have had kids teams play in tournaments at WDW.

I just found out that my kid's (DS11) baseball team will play in a tournament at WDW at the end of July next summer (hot!).

Hoping someone can tell me more about the likely logistics. Do they usually offer room/ticket packages for these things (we'll likely have APs). I assume the team stays at the All Star resort?

Is their baseball field indoors? We are Californians. We'll wilt in the heat/humidity.

Any other information/advice would be helpful.

Thanks!
Old 09-11-2019, 01:00 PM   #2
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1000monkeys View Post
Is their baseball field indoors?
Outdoors.
Old 09-11-2019, 01:05 PM   #3
zafiro
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1000monkeys View Post
I'm sure there are several MOs who have had kids teams play in tournaments at WDW.

I just found out that my kid's (DS11) baseball team will play in a tournament at WDW at the end of July next summer (hot!).

Hoping someone can tell me more about the likely logistics. Do they usually offer room/ticket packages for these things (we'll likely have APs). I assume the team stays at the All Star resort?

Is their baseball field indoors? We are Californians. We'll wilt in the heat/humidity.

Any other information/advice would be helpful.

Thanks!
Depending on the team managers they usually have their pick. All Stars are always a choice, and I've seen Caribbean Beach used in the past. It's usually very organized, but pay attention to dates. They do cut off when you can buy the packages, or separate rooms and tickets - which will be at a decent discount. Parents don't necessarily need to be in the same resort as the kids, and yours is a bit young, but when the kids were in HS and stayed with their teams / teammates - we opted for our DVC locations, mainly Boardwalk or Beach Club.

You'll have a blast!
zafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 01:25 PM   #4
a1000monkeys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
Outdoors.
Ouch. Do you know if they limit the games to the mornings? I would think afternoon games would be interrupted by thunder storms.
Old 09-11-2019, 02:11 PM   #5
MickeyChris
Studio

Getting to and from the fields at the Disney ESPN sports complex can be a bit tricky and lengthy. Its easiest to have a rental car. If not, you'll need to find out which resorts have buses that take you to and from the sportsplex - I believe it is the All-star sports, Caribbean Beach, and Pop Century. If you already planned to rent a car, then it should be easy.
MickeyChris is offline   Reply With Quote