home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-29-2019, 09:32 PM   #31
Jeb
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Has anyone had experience with disney banking points after the deadline, due to a hurricane? I talked online today with MS just trying to see what the options are. They basically said in three different ways they would discuss that after I cancel.

I wouldn't have been upset if they told me they couldn't be banked because it was past the deadline, but it was a little frustrating being told I could only discuss it later. There are two use years that could have this problem, it has to be a common question this week.
Jeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 10:32 PM   #32
Crafty
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb View Post
Has anyone had experience with disney banking points after the deadline, due to a hurricane? I talked online today with MS just trying to see what the options are. They basically said in three different ways they would discuss that after I cancel.

I wouldn't have been upset if they told me they couldn't be banked because it was past the deadline, but it was a little frustrating being told I could only discuss it later. There are two use years that could have this problem, it has to be a common question this week.
We are checking in on Sept 6. Hopefully, everything will be back to normal. If not, and we have to cancel, all those points are after our banking deadline of end of July.

I am not a fan of Disney’s recent moves, but I truly believe that Disney will take care of members and bank the points. I just think that they, along with the rest of us, are not sure where the storm will go.
Crafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 04:52 AM   #33
EEGRAM
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
But the 3 night cruise prior, just became a 5 night cruise.....no upcharge. Better deal for those people. hope they don't have anywhere to go on those two added days.
Stuck at sea at sea on a Disney Cruise?
Old 08-30-2019, 04:53 AM   #34
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty View Post
We are checking in on Sept 6. Hopefully, everything will be back to normal. If not, and we have to cancel, all those points are after our banking deadline of end of July.

I am not a fan of Disney’s recent moves, but I truly believe that Disney will take care of members and bank the points. I just think that they, along with the rest of us, are not sure where the storm will go.

I can not imagine WDW not being open on Sept 6. That is 2-3 days after the Hurricane is suppose to have passed.
Old 08-30-2019, 06:30 AM   #35
Rozzie
Grand Villa

I work at a LEVEL 1 Trauma hospital downtown Orlando. As of this morning, our "HERT" team has not been activated. I think there is more confusion than ever if and when the storm will hit. Looks like the speed has slowed considerably. Which is great for those with Labor Day plans. But bad for me possibly--supposed to finally close on our home on Thursday.
Rozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 06:38 AM   #36
CaptJacksFamily
Grand Villa

I hope it is gone by the 6th, I have dinner reservations at the Fish...

This will be our first rodeo so I am by no means an expert on riding one of these things out but as of now (the forecast changes constantly) it looks like (Orlando) will be in the knee of the turn north. The winds speed don't look too bad but we'll see the effect for a relatively longer period of time so I am expecting copious amount of rain. This is where I like to get my weather from NOAA hourly weather, I tracked this sight when our daughter was riding-out Irma and it seemed pretty accurate.

As I said this thing is still jumping around so the forecast is changing all of the time and I am no expert. Keep safe out there!
Old 08-30-2019, 11:21 AM   #37
Sir Aaron
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozzie View Post
I work at a LEVEL 1 Trauma hospital downtown Orlando. As of this morning, our "HERT" team has not been activated. I think there is more confusion than ever if and when the storm will hit. Looks like the speed has slowed considerably. Which is great for those with Labor Day plans. But bad for me possibly--supposed to finally close on our home on Thursday.
Yeah, we're all worried about our Disney plans. But if a CAT 4 hits Florida's central coast (or anywhere), the devastation is going to be pretty bad. I will probably get recalled to work to go check on employees, etc.
Old 08-30-2019, 07:48 PM   #38
TeacherGrandma
Studio

It took me 2 hours of busy signals, before I could join the phone queue for DVC; then another hour on hold. Honestly, I was happy that I was finally able to speak with someone.

My original DVC reservation had me arriving on Tuesday, 9/3; so I cancelled the first three days, and am now arriving on 9/6. The DVC rep said that she would need to fill out some paperwork, to release my points from holding back to their original source. She did indicate that it might take 7-10 days before the points would show up again in the pool of points remaining.

Once I was able to get through, my change was quickly handled - that’s probably all they’ve been doing all day!
TeacherGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 09:22 PM   #39
Rozzie
Grand Villa

Hey Friends, Orlando Sentinel just reported MCO will close Monday at 0200.
Rozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 02:11 PM   #40
bpmorley
Two Bedroom

Great policy except they forgot the part about moving the cruise by a few days and try to screw people out of points,
bpmorley is offline   Reply With Quote