home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-29-2015, 08:18 AM   #61
It's Me
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracy12502 View Post
No one is getting extra fp+. Each couple got their 3, they just happened to be smart about it. Even if the first couple waited in the regular line, the second couple gets to go fast pass side so that's how it was intended.
Correct, they aren't getting an extra FP+, they are still limited to three, but they are getting an extra tier 1 FP+.

NOTC4
It's Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 09:25 AM   #62
tracy12502
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Me View Post
Correct, they aren't getting an extra FP+, they are still limited to three, but they are getting an extra tier 1 FP+.
Nope, they got one and their friends got one. Again, just smart.

Not arguing either, you may see it differently and that's cool.
tracy12502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 09:42 AM   #63
eileenkeeney
Passing the time on a more satisfying site

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Me View Post
Your statement makes no sense.
The last part of your sentence contradicts the first part of your sentence.
eileenkeeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 10:32 AM   #64
eileenkeeney
Passing the time on a more satisfying site

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicsmom View Post
Wow, now that's the spirit! Hehe!
Actually with a group like this, you could really mix and match so much that you could have multiple fastpasses for just about everything!
But I agree, you really could manipulate (game) the system beyond my good conscience! But..... Lol!
I can't help but wonder about the effect of this on the young kids.
It might be more fun for them if their parents focused more on enjoying toddler/baby appropriate things with them.

I don't see us gaming the system to maximum advantage.

But maybe get ourselves a few baby swap passes, for a few things, before the parents head to Toon Town (in DL MK), or Bugs Land (in DL CA).

The baby will turn 1 while we are there. This could be fun for the Parents.
Do 1 year old children enjoy anything that Disney Land has to offer?
I did see a photo of a baby really enjoying riding Dumbo.
eileenkeeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 11:04 AM   #65
GARLIN
Studio

We were just down the week of Oct. 12 and used the switch/rider quite a bit. Both children were allowed to go back on the ride with their parent-there was never a problem. They did need to see the baby each time just to make sure the system was not being abused.
GARLIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 12:14 PM   #66
tracy12502
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by eileenkeeney View Post
I can't help but wonder about the effect of this on the young kids.
It might be more fun for them if their parents focused more on enjoying toddler/baby appropriate things with them.

I don't see us gaming the system to maximum advantage.

But maybe get ourselves a few baby swap passes, for a few things, before the parents head to Toon Town (in DL MK), or Bugs Land (in DL CA).

The baby will turn 1 while we are there. This could be fun for the Parents.
Do 1 year old children enjoy anything that Disney Land has to offer?
I did see a photo of a baby really enjoying riding Dumbo.
soooooo....i hope you don't think just because we use babyswap we don't do anything with our babies. We enjoyed rides he couldn't do, mostly while he was napping or while playing in the little play areas with the rest of his family members.

But anyways....we went with my almost 1 year old, but to WDW. He Loved it! I think Pirates might have been his favorite. But he really could do most things. And this year with him being 36 inches he gets to do barnstormer which I'm excited about.
tracy12502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 12:35 PM   #67
lisathomps
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilkeroo View Post
Have they changed the number of riders now with the rider switch? It used to be 3 could ride the second time.
Just did this a few weeks ago. Up to 3 allowed to ride the 2nd time.
lisathomps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 06:49 PM   #68
bangback
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Older rider

I have a very sensitive, pretty tall 4yo. For example, she thought small world was scary.

This situation is a little different since no physical pass is issued. For SDMT you wait in the exit area and come back into the boarding area post-swap. One not mentioned we did was pirates... For that one they let us cycle immediately through the fast pass line but it was pretty informal. Good call though....she would have gone nuts. Thought the people mover was scary . Def more of a CRT girl.
bangback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 07:31 PM   #69
BugsDad
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangback View Post
I have a very sensitive, pretty tall 4yo. For example, she thought small world was scary.

This situation is a little different since no physical pass is issued. For SDMT you wait in the exit area and come back into the boarding area post-swap. One not mentioned we did was pirates... For that one they let us cycle immediately through the fast pass line but it was pretty informal. Good call though....she would have gone nuts. Thought the people mover was scary . Def more of a CRT girl.
We didn't even realize SDMT had rider switch because it's not listed as one of the rides on the website. Randomly we asked at the fast pass entrance and they forked over a switch ticket right away.

BugsDad is online now   Reply With Quote