home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-17-2017, 10:57 AM   #1
John2247
Two Bedroom

Default Memory Maker

We purchased Memory Maker in 2015 and had good results.

So we purchased it for our recent trip and the results were terrible. Many of the pictures that showed up on my MDE were of people I did not know and many of the pictures that we had taken did not show up. We were to say the least very disappointed. I would say it was not worth the $170 we paid.

John
Old 11-17-2017, 11:14 AM   #2
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by John2247 View Post

So we purchased it for our recent trip and the results were terrible. Many of the pictures that showed up on my MDE were of people I did not know and many of the pictures that we had taken did not show up. We were to say the least very disappointed. I would say it was not worth the $170 we paid.

John
must have been an issue with the RFID chip reading.
I would make a complaint to WDW photopass services.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 12:44 PM   #3
Quellman
Grand Villa

You can contact them (don't remember how) and htey can help rectify it by searching for some of your photos. I am sorry if you had a bad time.

In my opinion, the lines for photos are always too long and the quality is dubious at best. I would rather just hand my camera to a stranger. And when you look at it, you say thank you. And if they did a bad job, you can ask someone else.

2002 DLHotel, 2010 SSR, 2011 SSR, 2012 DCL Magic, DLParis, BLT, 2013 VB, 2014 DCl Fantasy, BLT 2015 POP, BLT 2016 DCL Dream B2B, BLT 2017 PVB, DCL Fantasy(B2B), YC, BLT 2018 DCL Dream, POFQ, BLT
Quellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 12:55 PM   #4
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

John
I don't know how long ago your trip was, but you can get them to look for the pictures that are missing.

https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go....ort/lost-media

I am not sure I ever felt it was really worth paying for it. I love having it with the AP though.
Old 11-17-2017, 03:18 PM   #5
cornbread4
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
I don't know how long ago your trip was, but you can get them to look for the pictures that are missing.

https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go....ort/lost-media

I am not sure I ever felt it was really worth paying for it. I love having it with the AP though.
We never used it before our most recent trip- always took pictures ourselves or swapped with strangers. But, it can be worth it in some circumstances - assuming they don't lose your pictures! With our young son, we did a lot of character visits (steered him away from any with more than 20 minutes wait times) and group shots. We ended up with 300+ pictures which was well worth it. It also freed us up to enjoy the character interactions more without worrying about pictures and let us take some videos. A few ride shots and magic shots/videos were nice bonuses, but we wouldn't have done it just for that.

So it was well worth $150 (advance price) to us. But for folks who are more ride focused over picture/character focused (i.e. with older kids or solo), that might not be the case.
cornbread4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 03:41 PM   #6
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornbread4 View Post
We never used it before our most recent trip- always took pictures ourselves or swapped with strangers. But, it can be worth it in some circumstances - assuming they don't lose your pictures! With our young son, we did a lot of character visits (steered him away from any with more than 20 minutes wait times) and group shots. We ended up with 300+ pictures which was well worth it. It also freed us up to enjoy the character interactions more without worrying about pictures and let us take some videos. A few ride shots and magic shots/videos were nice bonuses, but we wouldn't have done it just for that.

So it was well worth $150 (advance price) to us. But for folks who are more ride focused over picture/character focused (i.e. with older kids or solo), that might not be the case.
I paid for it once with a big group, but we split the cost so each of us didn't feel the pain of the price tag LOL It was great for that trip because we all could see what the others have done. I didn't buy it again though but now have APs so it's included.
Old 11-17-2017, 03:58 PM   #7
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

Wow, I didn't know it was that much money. We get it free with our DVC AP, so I guess we do get some good perks.

Definitely contact Disney. You aren't the first person I've heard this happen to. They should be able to find your pictures.
WDWGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 08:48 AM   #8
John2247
Two Bedroom

Thanks to all for your response. I have contacted Disney and we will see what happens. Hopefully they will find some of our pictures and remove those that do not belong.

John
Old 11-19-2017, 10:09 AM   #9
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Thanks to all for your response. I have contacted Disney and we will see what happens. Hopefully they will find some of our pictures and remove those that do not belong.

John
Best of luck! They've found missing pictures for us before......

We've pre-purchased the MM most trips that went a week or longer. Really, really LOVE that it is included with the AP now.
kzrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 01:13 PM   #10
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

John
You can delete unwanted photos on the PhotoPass website.

JaxFLBear is offline   Reply With Quote