home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2020, 08:44 AM   #251
Princess Amy
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by D C View Post
Glad he's home safe, Amy. He flew home? I have to imagine that was a solo flight if he did.

Sorry to hear about your friends' battle with COVID. Hopefully the sister gets all of the care she needs. Are they back in CA?

Wait... 2 years? No no no... I'm sure it was only like 18 months ago when you set them up, right? How has it been 2 years??
Right?!?! My how time flies......

Yes they are back in Northern CA.....sad thing my friend is a missionary in Mexico.....so she canít go even for a funeral or to be with her family....

Yes he flew.....he said there were about 10 on each flight....he is suppose to fly back Monday....I have a rental car reserved in case he canít fly....

1993 Euro DIsney, 1996 Disneyland Hotel, 2001 Disney Grand CA, 2002 Grand Floridian, 2002 The Swan Resort, 2007 Disney Paradise Pier, 2009 SSR, 2009 Disney Grand CA, 2010 Animal Kingdom, 2010 Beach Club Villas, 2011 Disney Grand CA, 2012 Disneyland Hotel, 2012 BCV and OKW, 2013 Art of Animation and Beach Club Villas, 2014 Disney Grand CA, 2015 Beach Club Villas, Fort Wilderness, 2016 Fort Wilderness, BCV

Trip Reports and Other Posts:
Panama Cruise
http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30303
WDW Picture Trip Report
http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=47299
Mickey Tye Dye Shirts
http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32848
Matching Family Shirts
http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...6&postcount=14
Old 04-03-2020, 08:01 PM   #252
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansprout View Post
Wow DAN, your helper does great work! Hey everyone, go back to Danís before picture and enlarge it. Check out the neighborís homemade train on the lawn. Wicked cool. Itís about the same size as the one Walt built for his own backyard.
Is that front room going to be your kitchen someday? I ask because of the refrigerator.

Patty, who knows what June will hold, but I really hope you get to Disney.

Phil and I visited our Grandson today, itís his birthday. We walked into their sunroom through the front, he entered through the back. We stayed across the room watching him open his gift. Then we took our yearly photo together, keeping the distance and wearing face masks. One for the family album.

Our Governor signed a stay at home order which started today. Although Phil and I never see anyone in our building while we paint and clean we decided to stay home for awhile. We donít want a bad reputation or giving anyone a fear that we might not take this serious. But I really want to get that store cleaned out before nice weather!
My helper? Sheís the lead player. Iím just the grunt.

I get pictures tomorrow if I remember, of the train across the street.

Happy birthday to Jack!!!!! Please
Old 04-03-2020, 08:02 PM   #253
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Amy View Post
Right?!?! My how time flies......

Yes they are back in Northern CA.....sad thing my friend is a missionary in Mexico.....so she can’t go even for a funeral or to be with her family....

Yes he flew.....he said there were about 10 on each flight....he is suppose to fly back Monday....I have a rental car reserved in case he can’t fly....

Amy!!! Hello again! Prayers for you and you man! Thank him for me please.

Last edited by kzrooster; 04-04-2020 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Hi team!
Old 04-04-2020, 09:03 AM   #254
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Old 04-04-2020, 09:21 AM   #255
Princess Amy
Grand Villa

Thanks Brian, Dan and Dave.....

I will tell hubby! It is crazy but you really do get very few thank youís in his line of work!

Hope yíall have a great Saturday!!! Stay well!!

1993 Euro DIsney, 1996 Disneyland Hotel, 2001 Disney Grand CA, 2002 Grand Floridian, 2002 The Swan Resort, 2007 Disney Paradise Pier, 2009 SSR, 2009 Disney Grand CA, 2010 Animal Kingdom, 2010 Beach Club Villas, 2011 Disney Grand CA, 2012 Disneyland Hotel, 2012 BCV and OKW, 2013 Art of Animation and Beach Club Villas, 2014 Disney Grand CA, 2015 Beach Club Villas, Fort Wilderness, 2016 Fort Wilderness, BCV

Trip Reports and Other Posts:
Panama Cruise
http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30303
WDW Picture Trip Report
http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=47299
Mickey Tye Dye Shirts
http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32848
Matching Family Shirts
http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...6&postcount=14
Old 04-04-2020, 07:52 PM   #256
Grandbuddy
Grand Villa

Quote:
Sorry to hear about your friend's brother.
Glad you opted for both the balcony and the beverage package. Being in a dry interior cabin would surely make things feel like they're going on forever.
. . .
Then it'll be dragging the elliptical upstairs and doing a hockey substitute. 2 weeks without skating and I'm feeling it.
Thanks. Scary and sad to hear about Amy's friends, as well. This is a strange, strange time. So glad Sean/(Shawn?) made it home for a visit. May God bless him and keep him safe!

Dave. You dragged an elliptical machine UP the stairs. That should qualify as the day's workout. I might be my last workout....

Quote:
And while Costco had TP over the weekend, the paper products aisle at meijer looked like they had just installed the shelves and hadn't gotten around to stocking it yet.
It is amazing that lots of stores continue to have trouble keeping TP stocked. Hope it is back in good supply by the time I need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansprout View Post
Jerry, you know Iím not the best cruiser but I would absolutely join your cruise if I could. And I would give you and Sandra a daily hug too! So sorry about your friendís brother. We are casserole giving folks too

My grandsonís birthday is in two days. There is no way I will let him wait for two months to get his gift. Weíll stand back ten feet and watch him open it on the porch if we have to. The poor kid is morning the lost of his dog a few days ago ( heís taking it harder than anyone ) so operation lift up on Thursday!

Dave, I really need a haircut
I would take the hugs, Nancy! Just too big a risk at present, though. Glad you got to see your grandson, and get that picture.

I also need a haircut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reblzmom View Post
I did not cancel. So mark it down - Disney will still be closed in June.

I had an issue I was working on with a super CM in Member Services. I told her I was very worried as part of my issue was with these points that had to be banked by March 31. She told me more than once - don't worry about that - she can ALWAYS make a banking decision happen.. yeah we'll see.....but I have her direct dial.
Hoping you get to make that trip. I think your CM would not steer you wrong on this one,

Quote:
I'll see your and raise you a 🥃
I'm kind of alternating, night to night.

Dan, the windows do look great. Good work, you guys.

Sandra and I continue to walk 3-4 miles every day. Today, we avoided the Riverwalk, as sometimes larger groups are walking or running together, there. We have some other pleasant routes, where we can generally have way lots of space. Like...nobody. Campus is largely deserted, and gorgeous.

God bless everybody. Stay safe, folks.