home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > RENT / TRADE / TRANSFER BOARD > Rent / Trade / Transfer Board > Trades Available or Wanted
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-06-2019, 03:30 PM   #1
kidlette
Studio

Default New Year's (Dec 2019/Jan 2020): Trade AKV for Aulani

We have a December use year and will borrow 160 points from December 2020 for a holiday booking this year (Dec. 2019/Jan. 2020).

Rather than transfer points or rent ours in order to rent someone else's, we would like to book a new year's reservation using our 11 month window at AKV and have someone with Aulani do the same for us - directly trading the booked reservations and not having any funds involved. I do not want to specify room categories or number of nights because we are willing to book the dates/nights/ category you want within our 160 points. And, depending on what you choose, it is possible for you to have more nights at AKV than we would have at Aulani, which is fine with us, an even trade of reservations and no money required. You would do the same for us with 160 Aulani points.

If it matters, we have rented our points once and I'm sure we could get a recommendation from them if needed. We don't do this regularly or to make money, we are just members who would like to try something new! Since we are borrowing points for your reservation, it might also be comforting to know that we owe no money and have no loan against our contract. Come March we will be DVC members for 11 years and our contract is completely paid off.

kidlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 07:36 AM   #2
Aseni
Studio

While I am not able to help you with a transfer I am actually looking for a stay between Dec 28-Jan 4. Maybe 2 rooms how many points do you have
Aseni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 12:53 PM   #3
kidlette
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aseni View Post
While I am not able to help you with a transfer I am actually looking for a stay between Dec 28-Jan 4. Maybe 2 rooms how many points do you have
Hi. I'm sorry, we are not renting our points out. We are only considering a trade for Aulani because we need it booked at the 11 month window. If the 11 month window hits and we decide to rent our points and try booking through David's or something, then we will be booking a confirmed reservation utilizing all of the points and will sell it as such (probably December 27th for 9 nights in a standard studio, which is what we just did this past Dec/Jan). We will not split up the reservation for smaller stays. But again, we might not even go that route. If we have to pay cash, I would rather stay on a different island, so we might just go to Maui or Kauai and keep our points and do the December/January new year's booking ourselves. Thank you for inquiring though.

Old 01-13-2019, 08:49 PM   #4
Aseni
Studio

I completely understand!! Thank you for responding
Aseni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 02:01 AM   #5
kidlette
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aseni View Post
I completely understand!! Thank you for responding
My pleasure. I'm sorry we couldn't help.