home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-25-2020, 05:38 PM   #61
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeokw56 View Post
We're in the same situation but a few years ahead of you. We always planned on buying a condo so that we could spend our winters near Disney. As I neared retirement we had already picked out an association in Winter Haven. Then DVC entered our lives and no more condo. We're still accumulating points but we're almost where we want to be.
Thatís because you are being so reasonable about it! Iíve found you several perfectly lovely contracts that would last for several weeks of snowbirding. And youíve turned them all down. All. On. You.
Old 03-25-2020, 10:02 PM   #62
dschwarzbauer
Grand Villa

Default Winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrycpa91 View Post
Honestly, I may start to look at contracts in 6 months with the expectations that we will have some contracts flooding the market in that 6-12 month time frame from defaults or people needing cash.

I picked up my best deal in March 2011. (offer was made in October 2010 but they had a vacation scheduled for Feb 2011 so closing completed in March). Got 200 BWV with 10 banked points from 2010 and all 2011 points for $60 a point all in.

so, if 2008 was the bottom, 2 years was my best purchase.

If I can pick up another 200 points I think we literally have enough points to stay on property for almost 60 days in a studio. That raises food cost and laundry questions but it is a thought that I then would not buy a Florida Condo to live there. We would go the week after New Years and stay to the end of March and that would be our winter retirement.

now saying that, an event like this COVID19 screws that plan but then we just stay in our house here in Virginia.
I am also thinking of the same retirement plan. I also have some wyndham points so I plan on staying at Daytona beach as well as Vero beach, anim a l kingdom lodge, Riviera and Hilt o head. I want to leave right after Christmas a nd come home in March.
dschwarzbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 11:15 PM   #63
Pjferry
Two Bedroom

I am glad to hear that reflections will continue to move foward. I would love to be able to snow bird. JW how many points do you realistically need to do that..
Old 03-26-2020, 08:49 AM   #64
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

All this talk of snowbirding...bah!

I like snow! And due to global warming we don't get much of it anymore in my area. 20 years ago we could count on at least a couple 6"+ storms a year. One year we got 17" in a single storm! Now we can barely get a couple 3" storms, if I'm lucky. It's pathetic.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 08:55 AM   #65
Pjferry
Two Bedroom

My DW loves the cold weather and snow. I'm done with the snow and cold weather. It looks beautiful but I hate shoveling.
Old 03-26-2020, 08:56 AM   #66
Pjferry
Two Bedroom

She is looking to retire to North Dakota and I'm looking to retire to Alabama..this could get a little tricky.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:27 AM   #67
zafiro
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post

I like snow! And due to global warming we don't get much of it anymore in my area. 20 years ago we could count on at least a couple 6"+ storms a year. One year we got 17" in a single storm! Now we can barely get a couple 3" storms, if I'm lucky. It's pathetic.
I like the cold, snow, mountains and snow sports. I remember having many snow days as a kid with snowdrifts covering our doors - we had to dig out a few times! The more snow the better!

I'm now enjoying the coasts and ocean climates as well, and it would be Heavenly if DVD would develop a DVC resort in the Park City area (IMO - the best ski snow in the US) and I could vacillate our retirement to include both Aulani and a DVC ski / summer resort with our WDW and DLR trips!
zafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 10:58 AM   #68
E2ME2
Studio

What's the lowest & highest resale price you have seen for the resort you are interested in, in the last week? I have searched about 8 different sites, and found SSR at a Low of $90/300Pts and a High of $136/65Pts. Doesn't look like the Low has dropped significantly yet ??
What are others observing?
And is there a place to find ALL DVC listings for comparison?

Old 03-26-2020, 11:22 AM   #69
henrycpa91
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post

I would prefer the option to "Visit" Snow...when I want. Planned. No Shoveling. for maybe a week a year. Other than that give me 75 degrees year round!

MY WDW Visits...

1973 - First Trip out of KY and used Tickets from the Today newspaper
2004 (Alex First), 2005, 2006 (Romantic), 2007,2008,2009,2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014,
2015, 2016, 2017 (Family)
henrycpa91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 11:23 AM   #70
henrycpa91
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by E2ME2 View Post
What's the lowest & highest resale price you have seen for the resort you are interested in, in the last week? I have searched about 8 different sites, and found SSR at a Low of $90/300Pts and a High of $136/65Pts. Doesn't look like the Low has dropped significantly yet ??
What are others observing?
And is there a place to find ALL DVC listings for comparison?

Way too early for the lows. IF people need cash to make up for lost wages or change vacation habits is when the market will flood. That is probably a year away.

MY WDW Visits...

1973 - First Trip out of KY and used Tickets from the Today newspaper
2004 (Alex First), 2005, 2006 (Romantic), 2007,2008,2009,2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014,
2015, 2016, 2017 (Family)
henrycpa91 is offline   Reply With Quote