home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-24-2020, 02:19 PM   #21
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
SW just dropped their May flights again - they must really figure that it's not going to happen because I have never flown for such a low amount of points.
Yeah, things are dropping like crazy. Our March 28 (SJC-SAN_ flght was just cancelled. We weren't planning to go, but I wanted to wait for them to cancel so we could get a refund rather than more Travel Funds. Turns out we've changed it enough times that we're only getting $28.99 each back in cash

Cheers.
Old 03-24-2020, 02:52 PM   #22
JCinWonderland
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Yeah, things are dropping like crazy. Our March 28 (SJC-SAN_ flght was just cancelled. We weren't planning to go, but I wanted to wait for them to cancel so we could get a refund rather than more Travel Funds. Turns out we've changed it enough times that we're only getting $28.99 each back in cash

Cheers.
Ugh I should have done this ... waited to see if they canceled rather than canceling myself for our early May flight.

Luckily my travel funds will be extended through June 30, 2021 without having to pay that $100 per person fee like I had previously mentioned. I made the cutoff for the current extension by only 2 days.
JCinWonderland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 02:56 PM   #23
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCinWonderland View Post
Ugh I should have done this ... waited to see if they canceled rather than canceling myself for our early May flight.

Luckily my travel funds will be extended through June 30, 2021 without having to pay that $100 per person fee like I had previously mentioned. I made the cutoff for the current extension by only 2 days.
Realistically many will be able to use these credits if they fly WN much at all.

We don't fly them much and, in general, when we do we have to pay cash as, between us, we have credit cards that will rebate $700 in WN tickets. And that's hard for us to spend on WN.

Cheers.
Old 03-24-2020, 03:02 PM   #24
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
SW just dropped their May flights again - they must really figure that it's not going to happen because I have never flown for such a low amount of points.
After Memorial Day flights for us are sold out for prime times. Not so great times are same price... just adding a data point.
Old 03-24-2020, 03:26 PM   #25
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
After Memorial Day flights for us are sold out for prime times. Not so great times are same price... just adding a data point.
But I randomly checked my September flights, and Im sooooo tempted to go ahead and book my flights now. BFF is all, Gosh what great prices. But Id like to wait and see how things look a little closer to the trip... Whatever. Scaredy-cat. I. Want. My. Girls. Trip!!!
Old 03-24-2020, 03:29 PM   #26
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
But I randomly checked my September flights, and Im sooooo tempted to go ahead and book my flights now. BFF is all, Gosh what great prices. But Id like to wait and see how things look a little closer to the trip... Whatever. Scaredy-cat. I. Want. My. Girls. Trip!!!
Book it!

I just want a trip. Period lol
Old 03-24-2020, 08:35 PM   #27
reblzmom
Grand Villa

I rebooked 3 trips and got some points back but not all that many. The return from Orlando in June actually went up. Largest drop was to Dallas. Chicago virtually the same and mixed results for Orlando. Just got a new promotion in the email today touting $39 fares....sure...never for us.
Old 03-25-2020, 02:31 PM   #28
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
I booked our September flights - or most of them - the first day they were released. The one flight I dragged me feet on because I couldn't remember my BFF's middle initial (I guessed on the return flight - so at some point I'll have to call to change it - I got her BD right) and now that flight is $40 higher. At least the kids all have their flights - it's just me and BFF that might have to pay a higher price or fly a different flight.