home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-15-2020, 10:54 AM   #171
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
I can still remember walking around EPCOT with that metal stroller Disney would provide for a large $6/D: recline the back and it would hold the 8 and 4 year old sitting, with the 10 standing on the basket in the back = creak, creak, creak. "I don't go fast but I go pretty far - sometimes it seems that I've been all around world - some people say I've done alright for a girl"
Don't hurt yourself on those roller skates!

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 11:33 AM   #172
Adelard of Bath
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
"I don't go fast but I go pretty far - sometimes it seems that I've been all around world - some people say I've done alright for a girl"
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 03:11 PM   #173
snystedt
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Question about resale points

I'm sure I should know the answer to this question so my apologies if too stupid.

We own 4 contracts. We purchased the first direct somewhat blindly as we were told points are points and we would not have an issue at the 7 month window at non-home resorts. Since that time we have purchased 3 contracts at resorts we enjoy staying at and are thinking about purchasing another.

We have not purchased in the last few years so I don't believe we fall under any restrictions. If we purchase resale now do we get the benefit of the original direct purchase or will we be under the new restrictions? Does the purchase month matter?

Thanks
snystedt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 03:22 PM   #174
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by snystedt View Post
I'm sure I should know the answer to this question so my apologies if too stupid.

We own 4 contracts. We purchased the first direct somewhat blindly as we were told points are points and we would not have an issue at the 7 month window at non-home resorts. Since that time we have purchased 3 contracts at resorts we enjoy staying at and are thinking about purchasing another.

We have not purchased in the last few years so I don't believe we fall under any restrictions. If we purchase resale now do we get the benefit of the original direct purchase or will we be under the new restrictions? Does the purchase month matter?

Thanks
The usage restrictions are per contract. Any exiting contracts purchased resale would be subject to any restrictions in place at the time of purchase.

For a new resale purchase at any of the legacy 14 resorts (any resort opened prior to Riviera), those resale points can only be used at those 14 legacy resorts. They are not usable at Riviera or any future DVC resort.

For a new resale purchase at Riviera or any resort opened in the future, those resale points can only be used at the home resort they belong to.

Last edited by JaxFLBear; 03-26-2020 at 03:48 PM.
JaxFLBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 03:28 PM   #175
snystedt
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Thank you.
snystedt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 09:47 PM   #176
Sarco11
Studio

Decided to post here instead of starting a new thread for this question. Has anyone on here purchased/received as a gift the Disney Train LEGO set? I have the castle, and have been eyeing this Disney themed set. Was hoping to get it for Christmas, but got a pile of red wrigglers and a worm composting set up instead. Was thinking this may be the set to help with the stay at home, gotta cancel some Disney plans blah feeling. Any reviews would be appreciated.
Sarco11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 07:22 AM   #177
DougS
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
The usage restrictions are per contract. Any exiting contracts purchased resale would be subject to any restrictions in place at the time of purchase.

For a new resale purchase at any of the legacy 14 resorts (any resort opened prior to Riviera), those resale points can only be used at those 14 legacy resorts. They are not usable at Riviera or any future DVC resort.

For a new resale purchase at Riviera or any resort opened in the future, those resale points can only be used at the home resort they belong to.
Sorry to nitpick, but I want to make sure I'm not misunderstanding:

Since we bought both CCV and Riviera direct from Disney, we are not bound by the home resort rule, correct?

I thought I recalled "legacy points @ legacy, new resort @ new resort" being only for non-Disney sales?
1989 - Caribbean
2013 - Disney Cruise Line
2015 - Grand Floridian
2016 - Caribbean Beach Club
2017 - All Star Movies
2018 - CCV
2019 - AKV (Trip Report)
2020 - DRR (April)

DougS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 07:29 AM   #178
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougS View Post
Sorry to nitpick, but I want to make sure I'm not misunderstanding:

Since we bought both CCV and Riviera direct from Disney, we are not bound by the home resort rule, correct?

I thought I recalled "legacy points @ legacy, new resort @ new resort" being only for non-Disney sales?
Points purchased direct from Disney can be used at any of the existing DVC resorts as well as any future DVC resorts.
Old 03-27-2020, 07:37 AM   #179
DougS
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Points purchased direct from Disney can be used at any of the existing DVC resorts as well as any future DVC resorts.
That's what we thought, thanks!
1989 - Caribbean
2013 - Disney Cruise Line
2015 - Grand Floridian
2016 - Caribbean Beach Club
2017 - All Star Movies
2018 - CCV
2019 - AKV (Trip Report)
2020 - DRR (April)

DougS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 10:53 AM   #180
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

Default AP expiration

Hey, anyone know how or when Disney will extend the AP dates? I just checked ours, and the orig expiration date of OCt 10 is still on MDE. But since Disney has been closed 14 days now, those days have not been added?
So will the new expiration dates just show up when this is all over? when they know how many to add? and not just add them one day at a time???
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote