home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Perks Pages"
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-09-2021, 04:18 PM   #21
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerri jo View Post
I received a partial refund for family's APs that were originally set to expire in June 2020. Even so, the passes appeared on MDE to be extended through November 2020. I called MS and they confirmed this and said I had until Dec 2020 to renew but passes would expire June 2021, so I declined. None of this makes sense, and reading this thread, I'm even more confused.

Am I reading correctly, that some have been able to call MS to get a voucher and not activate the pass until the next visit? Does that mean it doesn't expire until a year after activation?
Yes. But I think you pay the price for a new AP if you want to do that. If you want to renew you can but that would be “activated” on the date the old one expired.

At least that’s how I understand it from reading reports from those who have done it.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 04:30 PM   #22
FessParker1
Grand Villa

So I called today about getting an annual because we got a refund. Our refund was just shy of $500 each. We activated them in December for a week and then did another week at closing so we got 2 weeks out of them. I bought them with 8% discount gift cards so it cost us around $200 for 2 weeks. I just got off the phone (407) 939-7277 with passholder line and had a call back and renewed both our passes with more 8% off gift cards and the came to 1531.48 - 8% brought them to $704.48ea.
Old 01-09-2021, 04:39 PM   #23
Kerri jo
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
Yes. But I think you pay the price for a new AP if you want to do that. If you want to renew you can but that would be “activated” on the date the old one expired.

At least that’s how I understand it from reading reports from those who have done it.
Thanks, that makes sense. I'll give it a try!
2021 ~ SSR, BCV, PVB, PVB; 2020 ~ AUL, BCV, BWV; 2019 ~ PVB, PVB, SSR, DLP, BCV, BCV, HHI, BWI, PVB, AUL; 2018 ~ PVB & King Kamehameha Club Level (yes, totally worth it!), BLT; BCV; PVB; BWV; PVB; BLT; PVB; 2017 ~ SOG, PVB, BLT, PVB, AUL; 2016 ~ DLP, SOG; 2015 ~ DLR, SOG; 2014 ~ DLR, SOG; 2013 ~ BCV, VWL, AKV, SSR; 2012 ~ DLR, SOG; 2011 ~ DLR, SOG; 2010 ~ BCV, BWV; 2009 ~ BCV, BWV, OKW; 2008 ~ Poly; 2007 ~ POP, CSR, VBO; 2006 ~ DLR; 2005 ~ BWV, SOG, VWL, DLR; 2004 ~ SOG; 2003 ~ GF, Poly, Cont; 2002 ~ OKW; 2001 ~ THV; 1990s ~ All Star Sports; 1980s ~ Fort Wilderness, Contemporary
Kerri jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 04:56 PM   #24
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by FessParker1 View Post
So I called today about getting an annual because we got a refund. Our refund was just shy of $500 each. We activated them in December for a week and then did another week at closing so we got 2 weeks out of them. I bought them with 8% discount gift cards so it cost us around $200 for 2 weeks. I just got off the phone (407) 939-7277 with passholder line and had a call back and renewed both our passes with more 8% off gift cards and the came to 1531.48 - 8% brought them to $704.48ea.
To be technical, because it seems it's getting confusing, you purchased new AP's and did not renew. It's important because a new AP starts brand new dates anda renewal continues your existing pass for 1 year from the date it was set to expire.
Old 01-09-2021, 05:01 PM   #25
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerri jo View Post
I received a partial refund for family's APs that were originally set to expire in June 2020. Even so, the passes appeared on MDE to be extended through November 2020. I called MS and they confirmed this and said I had until Dec 2020 to renew but passes would expire June 2021, so I declined. None of this makes sense, and reading this thread, I'm even more confused.

Am I reading correctly, that some have been able to call MS to get a voucher and not activate the pass until the next visit? Does that mean it doesn't expire until a year after activation?
First to note is that WDW is not selling new AP's except to certain people who are eligible because they already had AP's. Of course that's confusing enough!

Since you cancelled and took them up on their offer you should be one of the people that qualifies to purchase AP's now. They would be new AP's and start when you first visit again and activate them.

Previous to the decision that WDW made to sell AP's to those who had them but took the refund all that could be done was to not get the refund and then they were allowing renewals which sounds more like what was discussed in your previous inquiry.
Old 01-09-2021, 05:51 PM   #26
FessParker1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
To be technical, because it seems it's getting confusing, you purchased new AP's and did not renew. It's important because a new AP starts brand new dates anda renewal continues your existing pass for 1 year from the date it was set to expire.
New AP starts next time we enter the park.
Old 01-09-2021, 06:10 PM   #27
JCinWonderland
Grand Villa

Can someone please clarify this for me? My understanding was that they were only selling annual passes to people who had annual passes that were canceled during the closure period (before they reopened) or were due to expire during the closure period. I did not think that they were selling annual passes to anyone who canceled after re-opening. For example, I canceled my family’s annual passes in August because I knew there was a good chance we wouldn’t return before expiration. They weren’t due to expire until November 2020. Can anyone explain whether I might be eligible to re-purchase annual passes?
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 06:24 PM   #28
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCinWonderland View Post
Can someone please clarify this for me? My understanding was that they were only selling annual passes to people who had annual passes that were canceled during the closure period (before they reopened) or were due to expire during the closure period. I did not think that they were selling annual passes to anyone who canceled after re-opening. For example, I canceled my family’s annual passes in August because I knew there was a good chance we wouldn’t return before expiration. They weren’t due to expire until November 2020. Can anyone explain whether I might be eligible to re-purchase annual passes?
You'll need to call in to be absolutely certain but my understanding is that they are allowing the AP purchase if you had an AP that was active during the closure time. When you cancelled or when it expired does not matter. Not 100% on that but that's how I understand it.
Old 01-09-2021, 06:28 PM   #29
FessParker1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCinWonderland View Post
The CM told me they put your name in and it comes up either yes or no for you to be able to get the pass. You need to call 407-939-7277. It's not like the dvc line, was a 10 min wait

Last edited by FessParker1; 01-09-2021 at 07:30 PM.
FessParker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 07:35 PM   #30
JCinWonderland
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
You'll need to call in to be absolutely certain but my understanding is that they are allowing the AP purchase if you had an AP that was active during the closure time. When you cancelled or when it expired does not matter. Not 100% on that but that's how I understand it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FessParker1 View Post
The CM told me they put your name in and it comes up either yes or no for you to be able to get the pass. You need to call 407-939-7277. It's not like the dvc line, was a 10 min wait
Thank you both for this info. It’s definitely worth looking into since it sounds like there could be a chance of being able to get new passes. Do you know if there is any time limit for reaching out about getting new annual passes? I wasn’t really planning to spend ~$4k plus on new passes right after Christmas!
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote