home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Perks Pages"
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-07-2020, 03:40 PM   #1
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Default DVC Owners Locker Offer

Owner’s Locker: Get 6 Months Free—AND a Year of Unlimited Deliveries

As a Disney Vacation Club Member, you can get your first 6 months of Owner's Locker service for free with a monthly billing offer—and enjoy a year of unlimited FREE deliveries.

What Is Owner’s Locker?

Discover just how easy it is to use this personal storage service!
With this service, you can stow some of your favorite vacation items in Orlando—and they'll be ready for you during your next vacation.
Owner's Locker provides you with a special blue container to store personal items that you use regularly while you're on vacation. These items might include:
  • Toiletries
  • Cooking equipment and supplies
  • Clothes
  • Your favorite wine or spirits
  • Anything that makes your stay more pleasant
They’ll pick up the container from your Resort and store it in a climate-controlled environment while you're back at home.
When you return to Orlando, your Locker will be delivered to your Resort. This means you can pack lightly for your vacations—and even avoid airline baggage fees.

Special Offer for Members

With this offer, Disney Vacation Club Members can save on an Owner’s Locker Moderate Plan—and enjoy one year of unlimited deliveries!
When you take advantage of this offer today:
  • You won’t owe a monthly fee for the first 6 months that your Locker is in the warehouse
  • You’ll receive a 50% discount for the rest of the year—so you’ll pay just $5.25 per month for months 7 through 12 (discounted from the standard fee of $10.50 per month for a Moderate Plan)
  • You’ll enjoy unlimited FREE round-trip deliveries for the first year—a $190 value
After the first year, the locker is only $10.50 per month with the Moderate Plan, which includes one FREE round-trip delivery per year.

Important Information

Before you sign up, be sure to review important details about this offer.
  • A new member’s anniversary date starts the day the locker arrives at the warehouse and triggers the beginning of the free year.
  • New members must schedule their initial visit within one year of signing up.
  • New members may order more than one locker.
  • On month 13, the monthly charge will revert to the standard $10.50 per month.
  • New members will also have the option of switching plans (Value $8.50/month with no visits; Moderate $10.50/month with one visit; Deluxe $19.00/month with unlimited visits).
  • New members can terminate at any time. If a member terminates their contract within the first two years and would like to keep the locker, the charge will be $50.
https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go...owners-locker/
Use the link on the DVC website to book.
Old 01-07-2020, 03:48 PM   #2
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Thanks for this, Tom! The unlimited deliveries are a WOW!
Old 01-07-2020, 04:14 PM   #3
bubster
Grand Villa

If we didnt always drive and bring everything we own this would be a no-brainer. Good deal.
Old 01-07-2020, 04:21 PM   #4
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Thanks for this, Tom! The unlimited deliveries are a WOW!

We signed up last year and really enjoyed the service. Its very well run, the website is easy to use and love that they send us updates on the locker.

Last year was the first time we felt it was worth getting. Now Robin loves it, which means I love it too!
Old 01-07-2020, 04:25 PM   #5
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
We signed up last year and really enjoyed the service. Its very well run, the website is easy to use and love that they send us updates on the locker.

Last year was the first time we felt it was worth getting. Now Robin loves it, which means I love it too!

A very good husband!
Old 01-07-2020, 10:13 PM   #6
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

If not for my free baggage with Southwest Id seriously give it some thought.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 02:06 AM   #7
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
If not for my free baggage with Southwest Id seriously give it some thought.
Youd have to lug less free baggage if you had one...
Old 01-08-2020, 07:22 AM   #8
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Youd have to lug less free baggage if you had one...

We get free bags too. But its more then just lugging another checked bag to/fro the airport. Its one less then to have to pack/unpack for each trip. Now we can travel faster/lighter and keep those Disney specific items in the locker.
Old 01-08-2020, 10:55 AM   #9
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

I've always found this fascinating, but simply can't get myself to feel it's worth it. For $120/y, I get one delivery - that's a lot of money to save the hassle of one suitcase's worth of stuff. Perhaps if we ever become someone who goes 3+ times per year, the deluxe plan might seem more appealing. Glad it works for some, but sadly, I've never been able to justify it for us.
Old 01-08-2020, 11:13 AM   #10
fuzzylogic
Two Bedroom

I'm in the same boat. It's a novel idea and I'd like to think it's useful to someone, but two deliveries per year would run $133. I would rather just spend that in the hotel store than pack stuff up and have another thing to send and retrieve. $133 buys a lot of groceries.

Also note in the fine print they have a $50 fee if you cancel after the promotional year. So you're on the hook for the 2nd year at full price or $50, your choice.

ETA: Altho I don't see a practical use for this, I do see a fun use for it. If you and your SO alternate trips, or you go then friends or family go, I would use it as an opportunity to leave surprises for them... Then they go and retrieve, and leave neat stuff of their own for whoever goes next. Would be a fun unwrapping to discover what's in your box each time.

Last edited by fuzzylogic; 01-08-2020 at 11:43 AM.
fuzzylogic is offline   Reply With Quote