home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tips and Tricks for First-Timers and Fanatics
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-24-2020, 03:10 PM   #1
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

Default Thanksgiving (2021) - Talk me into or out of it!

Our schedule and planning is such that we have an opportunity to spend Thanksgiving at WDW in 2021 - something we've never before considered. It would mean travelling on the peak days (Tuesday and Sunday), which we've never done by air (we've traveled by car plenty of times at Thanksgiving). We will have already spent 8 days at Fort Wilderness in July, so ride highlights would be ok (we don't need to 'do it all'), but I'm just not sure how crazy it is at that time.

For those who have traveled in general around Thanksgiving, and those who have done Thanksgiving at WDW, what say you?
Old 09-27-2020, 07:28 PM   #2
Maximus
One Bedroom

FYI You cannot get a park pass to Hollywood Studios that week. They are all gone. Unless you luck out and more get released?

Oops you mean next year
IMO up until Wednesday it is great. We have gone many times that week and leave on Thanksgiving day. I have read Christmas and Easter weeks are worse. We see crowds building on Tuesday and Wednesday and plan to be in Animal Kingdom on Thanksgiving day.
Old 09-28-2020, 04:55 AM   #3
EEGRAM
Grand Villa

My family has gone during Thanksgiving week several times.
We love it. The Christmas decorations are beautiful.
Crowds are okay. No real difference from summer crowds.
Old 09-28-2020, 06:29 AM   #4
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Thanksgiving is busy, but its not Christmas- NYE busy. I say go for it and have a great time. By next Thanksgiving, we will be back to normal as far as traveling restrictions. Overall, WDW crowds and travel will still be down by then from previous years. The only real negative I see is flying on that Sunday after Thanksgiving......and not because of covid, just because that is traditionally and busy travel day.

Bottom line.....Do it!!!
Old 09-28-2020, 10:09 AM   #5
John2247
Grand Villa

Thanksgiving week is normally very busy or at least when we have been there at that time. But the weather is great and the Christmas decorations are beautiful.
I would think that because of the pandemic and economic recovery being slow, that it would not be as crowded as in years past. So go for it!
Old 09-28-2020, 08:08 PM   #6
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Absolutely you should go! Things have to be more normal by then... one would think.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote