home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: Park Reservations - Love them or Hate them?
Love! 1 0.56%
Like 1 0.56%
Neutral 13 7.22%
Dislike 34 18.89%
Hate 37 20.56%
Despise and Hate, Hate, Hate 94 52.22%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-21-2022, 12:06 PM   #131
Adelard of Bath
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
LOL WDW fits our activity parameters - nice surrounds, a couple of rides and we're out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubster View Post
This is us exactly. This last time we renewed our APs the thought crossed my mind about just doing resorts stays but just couldn’t do it. These days we do parks differently so have the option to go in and out. Daily tickets are very very uncomfortable for us. Again, perceived value, not necessarily true but it fits our needs.
We are like this, too. I have a problem, though: for an upcoming trip this fall, we have no AP for the first time in a long time. Meaning we will be on daily tickets. Meaning, I'm a little worried that I won't be able to do those "short park visits" without feeling like I wasted I hundred bucks. I tell myself it is the same, though...but it feels different.
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 09:08 AM   #132
bakerworld
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelard of Bath View Post
We are like this, too. I have a problem, though: for an upcoming trip this fall, we have no AP for the first time in a long time. Meaning we will be on daily tickets. Meaning, I'm a little worried that I won't be able to do those "short park visits" without feeling like I wasted I hundred bucks. I tell myself it is the same, though...but it feels different.
If I didn't have such a bad case of AP PTSD from 2020 I wouldn't be renewing our AP's in September. Over 22-23 we have 2 cruise sandwich's planned and a December visit which equals a possible 12 parks days but, realistically, will probably be 9 parks days. I know that I'll push for entering a park all 12 days just to feel like the AP was reasonably used but I guarantee that we'll not be hopping all those days. Then I might even squeeze in a Labor Day vacation - LOL.
Old 06-22-2022, 11:35 AM   #133
Eeyorelover22
Add-on Aficionado

I love park reservations. I think they are the best thing EVER!!

Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 01:22 PM   #134
mark0157
Two Bedroom

Default Park reservations

I'll admit, when they first announced park reservations I was like "ewww," then I made them for our first trip since the dark days (aka Covid) for our Nov. 2021 visit and thought "it wasn't that bad." Then our trip came and all hell broke loose.

The weather was awful a few days, I ran the Wine & Dine and like a total dumbass followed my "just keep running" mantra when I probably should have stopped and really f-ed up my body. No worries though...because that day was a water park day and we rented a cabana so I could just pass out while the kids, hubs, and grandpa enjoyed the waterslides, right?! WRONG!! Typhoon Lagoon closed that day because of the weather, so we had to scramble.

Thank Gawd for the amazing cast and concierge who re-arranged our days, made new park reservations, canceled dining, made new dining, adjusted our DAS that had been scheduled in advance, and basically saved our butts because something out of our control (weather and a water park closing) happened.

Had I tried to do any of this on our own, it wouldn't have happened...but my point...things change, sh*t happens and people need to adjust.

Maybe my kid has a total breakdown, someone gets sick, a water park closes...whatever it may be...who cares...I am a pretty darn good planner, but I HATED being on my phone constantly on our last trip to plan the next ride.

It sucked!!! I miss the 3 advance FP selections. I do not want to get up at 7 am on holiday to plan my day. I like to stroll through the parks instead of rushing from one end to another for the stupid Genie+ (side rant: why does it suggest plans that waste your time by having to criss-cross all over the park?!?)

I'm not sure what the future holds for us, but our last trip was not so magical. My youngest are 8 and 10 and I figure only a few more years before they stop begging to go back...at which point we will probably rent our points and go to Hawaii, Costa Rica, Europe, etc. instead.
mark0157 is offline   Reply With Quote