home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-15-2022, 09:34 PM   #251
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

As I was talking to a Guide in the lobby here at VGF, a gentleman passed by and asked what they knew about the new "tower" and the Guide said they knew nothing at all that we learned everything before they did.

RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 08:06 AM   #252
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
As I was talking to a Guide in the lobby here at VGF, a gentleman passed by and asked what they knew about the new "tower" and the Guide said they knew nothing at all that we learned everything before they did.

Disney does not tell CMs anything until the last minute. And, even then, they often are not well versed on the information due to just receiving it. I really can't comprehend this management style as it does a great disservice in the long run.

Home Resorts - Riviera, VGF, BLT, BCV, AKV, PVB
lovindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 10:43 AM   #253
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovindisney View Post
Disney does not tell CMs anything until the last minute. And, even then, they often are not well versed on the information due to just receiving it. I really can't comprehend this management style as it does a great disservice in the long run.
If the CMs don't know, they don't have to answer questions about it. If they really want to know, they can just ask MO's (or other knowledgable guests).
Old 03-17-2022, 01:40 PM   #254
CathyS
One Bedroom

I probably read something in a different thread… but I think it belongs here

I talked to my guide today, and he said they’ve been swamped with people buying @VGF. And only current members can add on there right now. They’ll be opening it up “soon” to non-members. So all of those strong sales numbers are members adding on.

Also: the differences between the bathroom in the converted rooms with the original DvC is just crazy. I raised my concern with DH and he does not care about the bathroom….
CathyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 12:46 AM   #255
WhiteCrane
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovindisney View Post
Very un-Disney like, but it's 100% true. It's probably one of my least favorite things about the internet is it exposed companies aren't experts about their own products and services anymore.
Old 04-29-2022, 08:09 AM   #256
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCrane View Post
Very un-Disney like, but it's 100% true. It's probably one of my least favorite things about the internet is it exposed companies aren't experts about their own products and services anymore.
Likely the internet is the primary reason why "Disney does not tell CMs anything until the last minute".
Old 04-29-2022, 08:30 AM   #257
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
Likely the internet is the primary reason why "Disney does not tell CMs anything until the last minute".
Bingo! I know when the whole GotG debacle happened people were slamming MS the day before trying to get confirmation. You cannot win if you know or if you don't.

Since the 90s, the internet as pointed out what little Disney tells most CMs and it's done them well for a reason. We hear the rumors and find the permits ourselves. Lets them off the hook. Though things like Reflection and Epcot do happen...