home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Disney Cruise Line
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-15-2020, 11:44 AM   #1
Joel0917
Grand Villa

Default 2022 DCL dates released

2022 bookings start the 19th. Just got the email release today.

But so disappointed. because my wife is a teacher, we have to travel spring break. 2021 spring break on fantasy is western on March 27.
in 2022 spring break on fantasy is again western on March 26. Usually they alternate -but just so bummed.

Likely i'll switch my 2022 Fantasy to whatever one of the inaugural sailings is on the new ship Wish. and not cruise on spring break.
Stayed: SSR, AKV, AKL, THV, All star music, sprots and movies, , Pop Century, AofA, BLT, CBR, Coronado, CCV and BRV, Poly, VGF, Port Orleans, Swan & Dolphin
Disneyland: 1998,2010, 2014, 2016
Stayed: VGC in 14/16
Disney cruise: 2007, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019
Wonder 2x and Fantasy 5x Magic 1x, Dream 1x
Upcoming:
Riviera Aug 2020
Boardwalk Oct 2020
Aulauni Dec 2020 for NYE

Last edited by Joel0917; 10-15-2020 at 01:19 PM.
Joel0917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 12:16 PM   #2
TiggerinaF
One Bedroom

Default DCL releases Early 2022 Dates

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/f...22-Itineraries
TiggerinaF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 07:36 AM   #3
amydevoe
One Bedroom

We too will look at the next round of itineraries for summer '22 and hope to sail on the Wish. I know they were hoping to set sail in early '22 but of course was delayed. Summer could work for us.
amydevoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 09:24 AM   #4
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Spring is never a good time for us. There are a few itineraries I would like for a quick escape if everything were fine, but it's going to be a long way off before we know that.

Most distressing is that the Panama Canal cruises seem to be pulled firmly into Lent now. I just can't get away then, and I would love to do PC on a Disney ship. Some day.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 10:06 AM   #5
Sarco11
One Bedroom

I like that they have once monthly 3-night Castaway Cay only itineraries in Jan, Feb, Mar and Apr 2022. I love a day at sea and it is a nice long weekend getaway.

I feel that I need to move our 8-night Northern European cruise from Aug 2021 to the following summer. It is too much money for too much uncertainty for travel next summer. I am hoping the Summer 2022 itineraries are out before the PIF date in mid March. If not, my TA will have to find a temporary home for the $ since we are concierge and cancelling is not an attractive option.

In the meanwhile, I will keep my fingers crossed for the early November 2021 3-night Castaway Cay only cruise that we have booked and maybe add on a similar one in early 2022 with my BFF to replace the May 2020 cruise that was cancelled. That depends on price. I experienced some sticker shock looking at one night pre-cruise stay at the Contemporary on Thursday, Nov 4, 2021. $670?!?!
Sarco11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 10:01 PM   #6
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
Spring is never a good time for us. There are a few itineraries I would like for a quick escape if everything were fine, but it's going to be a long way off before we know that.

Most distressing is that the Panama Canal cruises seem to be pulled firmly into Lent now. I just can't get away then, and I would love to do PC on a Disney ship. Some day.

Dirk
Love your new signature!!!!
Old 10-17-2020, 10:50 AM   #7
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
Love your new signature!!!!
Thanks!

Dirk

Old 10-17-2020, 01:28 PM   #8
AnnaS
Add-on Aficionado

March Double Dip looks interesting - but as much as we love to cruise, we are definitely not ready to book anything

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 01:33 PM   #9
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaS View Post
March Double Dip looks interesting - but as much as we love to cruise, we are definitely not ready to book anything
I wouldn't want to book a cruise until I knew completely what it would be like. For me, food and entertainment are key parts of the experience. I don't know how they will manage that on the ships.

Rumors also are that people will not be allowed to disembark to explore ports on their own. They must be a part of an excursion, which may have very limited offerings.

I can't even imagine how they would manage pools and such with little else to do and the likely being the one place people can be unmasked (though possibly not unless physically in the pool).

That's not the kind of traveling I want to do.

Until we can cruise normally, any travel we take will be to a specific destination where we can manage things on our own. I'm fine with wearing masks in public, social distancing, etc., but I don't want a vacation in which that is 24/7 and there is essentially no escape.

Dirk

Old 10-17-2020, 02:25 PM   #10
AnnaS
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
I wouldn't want to book a cruise until I knew completely what it would be like. For me, food and entertainment are key parts of the experience. I don't know how they will manage that on the ships.

Rumors also are that people will not be allowed to disembark to explore ports on their own. They must be a part of an excursion, which may have very limited offerings.

I can't even imagine how they would manage pools and such with little else to do and the likely being the one place people can be unmasked (though possibly not unless physically in the pool).

That's not the kind of traveling I want to do.

Until we can cruise normally, any travel we take will be to a specific destination where we can manage things on our own. I'm fine with wearing masks in public, social distancing, etc., but I don't want a vacation in which that is 24/7 and there is essentially no escape.

Dirk

:agree: - Ditto!!! 100%

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote