home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-01-2020, 03:37 PM   #7041
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post
Sports. Was this just a district decision?
Just curious. I have a friend who is an athletic trainer in Ohio.
District, based on our county health recommendations. All school sports for us and a lot locally were halted. The Ohio High School Athletic Association are publishing sports will continue. Good luck when districts are saying no based on country recommendations. I hate to say it the OHSAA is being stupid and giving false hope. One friend was saying the parents should decide. Ugh, that's what got us here, not listening when we started to know how bad it was. Our gov. Has been slow every time to shut things down. If school is remote, group athletics should not occur IMO.
Old 08-01-2020, 04:12 PM   #7042
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
District, based on our county health recommendations. All school sports for us and a lot locally were halted. The Ohio High School Athletic Association are publishing sports will continue. Good luck when districts are saying no based on country recommendations. I hate to say it the OHSAA is being stupid and giving false hope. One friend was saying the parents should decide. Ugh, that's what got us here, not listening when we started to know how bad it was. Our gov. Has been slow every time to shut things down. If school is remote, group athletics should not occur IMO.
That makes sense now.

I think one size fits all doesnít work well in our state just like the lock downs. Iím sure there are counties with very few cases here. I havenít kept up with numbers to know if some counties still donít have any at all. For those counties school and sports are probably ok. Iím still fascinated by how different people react to all of this.
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 04:36 PM   #7043
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Welp, today was the day Georgia knocked NJ into 6th place for total Covid cases. I would have thought it would take a couple of more days.

I suspect IL will pass us in the next 7-10 days, followed by Arizona. Fortunately, deaths are much, much lower in those states. But still.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 05:08 PM   #7044
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
Welp, today was the day Georgia knocked NJ into 6th place for total Covid cases. I would have thought it would take a couple of more days.

I suspect IL will pass us in the next 7-10 days, followed by Arizona. Fortunately, deaths are much, much lower in those states. But still.

Dirk
Dirk, I just don’t have faith in how accurate the data is. Here in IL in listening to the radio, I don’t know how many times I’ve heard people calling in stating they had appointments or scripts to be tested but didn’t make it there for various reasons, and then got contacted that they were positive. Even a Doctor called in and said it’s happened to at least to three of his patients. I think that is why so many people have reservations or doubts about the numbers. It sure got me thinking how many errors are out there, skewing all the numbers.

Last edited by WDWGoof; 08-01-2020 at 05:23 PM.
WDWGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 05:18 PM   #7045
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

And still the Chicago mayor won’t let us Iowans in to fly on SWA

Also...
The other night ABC news reported that the death rate in NJ was up 112%.
Old 08-01-2020, 05:19 PM   #7046
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
That makes sense now.

I think one size fits all doesnít work well in our state just like the lock downs. Iím sure there are counties with very few cases here. I havenít kept up with numbers to know if some counties still donít have any at all. For those counties school and sports are probably ok. Iím still fascinated by how different people react to all of this.
Rural areas here are rising. They think they are immune. They are not. Big cities are falling. I'm now in the I'm pissed mood. We spent 2.5 months at home totally. Doing nothing. Masking up even with issues, but we figured it out. People act like this is over. Lots of group photos of fake formals. Lots of group shots of sports played. I'm sorry but I'm over it. You cannot do a state league when school cannot run. Sports should be on hold until we have a better grasp. Did you see the camp where more than half the campers became ill? Close contact with no masks is dangerous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWGoof View Post
Dirk, I just donít have faith in how accurate the data is. Here in IL in listening to the radio, I donít know how many times Iíve heard people calling in stating they had appointments or scripts to be tested but didnít make it there for various reasons, and then got contacted that they were positive. Even a Doctor called in and said itís happened to at least to three of his patients. I think that is why so many people have reservations or doubts about the numbers. It sure got me thinking how many errors are out there, skewing all the numbers.
Can you elaborate on this? How can someone get a positive result and not be tested or am I misunderstanding? Sounds like honestly some twisted propaganda if someone is trying to say it happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post

Dirk
That's my only good out of this. Deaths seem lower....
Old 08-01-2020, 05:30 PM   #7047
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Rural areas here are rising. They think they are immune. They are not. Big cities are falling. I'm now in the I'm pissed mood. We spent 2.5 months at home totally. Doing nothing. Masking up even with issues, but we figured it out. People act like this is over. Lots of group photos of fake formals. Lots of group shots of sports played. I'm sorry but I'm over it. You cannot do a state league when school cannot run. Sports should be on hold until we have a better grasp. Did you see the camp where more than half the campers became ill? Close contact with no masks is dangerous.

That's my only good out of this. Deaths seem lower....
I don’t know where our county by county data is anymore to know about our rural areas here. Yup...lots of graduation parties here this weekend before the students leave for college.

Agreed it’s not over and many act like it is. I think there was a totally different feel when we came back after the 4th of July.

I did see the camp too.

I think I really messed this up because I’m on my phone I did, but I fixed it now.

And yes, deaths seem lower now, but it's definitely not over.
Old 08-01-2020, 05:35 PM   #7048
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

Quote:
Can you elaborate on this? How can someone get a positive result and not be tested or am I misunderstanding? Sounds like honestly some twisted propaganda if someone is trying to say it happens.
I know, how can a positive be recorded when they didn’t get tested. You’d think the info may come from someone with an agenda, but I’ve been hearing actual people calling in telling their experiences over time and on different stations (I listen to the radio while I’m working and am a channel changer, so there’s not one set station this is coming from and not on one particular day.) All I know is it is happening to people, and it just makes me wonder.
Old 08-01-2020, 05:58 PM   #7049
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWGoof View Post
I know, how can a positive be recorded when they didnít get tested. Youíd think the info may come from someone with an agenda, but Iíve been hearing actual people calling in telling their experiences over time and on different stations (I listen to the radio while Iím working and am a channel changer, so thereís not one set station this is coming from and not on one particular day.) All I know is it is happening to people, and it just makes me wonder.

That what I thought you were saying in your first post but figured there must be something I was misunderstanding. That's crazy.
Old 08-01-2020, 06:18 PM   #7050
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
And still the Chicago mayor wonít let us Iowans in to fly on SWA

Also...
The other night ABC news reported that the death rate in NJ was up 112%.
Thatís not true. Deaths are the lowest theyíve ever been since this started. There were no hospital deaths on Thursday and 3 of our 11 reported deaths were from this week the rest were backfill. Our number of new cases has doubled in from two weeks ago and our Rt is high, with threatened rollbacks this next week. Positivity is still good, though.

Itís people gathering to party.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote