home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-01-2020, 07:20 AM   #21
heapmaster
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Yes, they emailed me back and said "Due to staffing reductions and the challenges of working remotely, our turnaround time for the queue is taking approximately 6 weeks from the date we receive the documents from the closing company."
Old 08-01-2020, 11:36 AM   #22
mazlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieSueB View Post
Our membership account FINALLY showed up today. Our deed recorded 6/17. Yes, it took #44 days just to finally have an account and then the email said another 2 weeks for points to be loaded. Our offer was accepted on 4/17. You do save a ton of money thru resale but especially during Covid it requires another level of patience. Good Luck!
Was this your first contract? How did Disney notify you? Mail, email, smoke signals? If this is your first contract, did they send you your member number? Congrats! If this is how they are operating, then I can figure on August 8th or so for ours
mazlan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 12:37 PM   #23
MinnieSueB
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazlan View Post
Was this your first contract? How did Disney notify you? Mail, email, smoke signals? If this is your first contract, did they send you your member number? Congrats! If this is how they are operating, then I can figure on August 8th or so for ours
Yes, by email but I would have taken any notification such as a smoke signal. lol Yes, member number is loaded to account & they send you a pin to access. 1st Contract & I had tried everything on Day 35. My emails to them were never returned. I did finally speak to someone in accounting that couldn't help me. He did say that DVC is down to 1 from a staff of 5 so it did take 6 weeks. I do not have points yet & the email stated that may take another 2 weeks. So really look at about 2 months (8 weeks) from deed recording. Good luck!!!!
MinnieSueB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 02:18 PM   #24
hilaw
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieSueB View Post
Yes, by email but I would have taken any notification such as a smoke signal. lol Yes, member number is loaded to account & they send you a pin to access. 1st Contract & I had tried everything on Day 35. My emails to them were never returned. I did finally speak to someone in accounting that couldn't help me. He did say that DVC is down to 1 from a staff of 5 so it did take 6 weeks. I do not have points yet & the email stated that may take another 2 weeks. So really look at about 2 months (8 weeks) from deed recording. Good luck!!!!
In this environment, from deed recording to points being loaded it takes DVC approximately 2 months time at the going rate.
hilaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 03:41 PM   #25
heapmaster

Points seem to be loading the next day or two after the contract shows up in your account.
Old 08-01-2020, 04:09 PM   #26
BLTMouse
Studio

Maybe I don't understand, but aren't we paying for these services in our dues? So why should they cut the staff so much?
BLTMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 06:35 PM   #27
MinnieSueB
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by heapmaster View Post
Points seem to be loading the next day or two after the contract shows up in your account.
I still don't have points loaded - Hopefully soon!
MinnieSueB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 04:35 PM   #28
mazlan

I feel like I am in DVC jail waiting on our contract to be added into our names. I just need an harmonica, a tin cup, and bars in my face.
mazlan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 04:39 PM   #29
sawickipedia
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by heapmaster View Post
Nope not true - took 4 weeks for my points to show up after they added my latest contract to my dvc account
sawickipedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 04:46 PM   #30
hilaw
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawickipedia View Post
Nope not true - took 4 weeks for my points to show up after they added my latest contract to my dvc account

Yeah, taking about a month to load points, AFTER Disney transfers the contract.

Many of us know how it is to feel while waiting for DVC to transfer, but it always appears too lengthy. Know that it is not whatever contract of interest is being personally singled-out for delays on purpose.
hilaw is offline   Reply With Quote