home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-01-2020, 10:27 AM   #71
zafiro
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawickipedia View Post
All that's open at MK as QS are Cosmic Ray's, Pecos Bill, and Sleepy Hollow (which is the _SLOWEST_ QS in all of WDW - they really struggle to get through orders quickly). MK is really helped by higher end TS like Skippers Canteen and Liberty Tavern. And if you are into the TS version of BOG then its nice too but that takes out a decent QS option. MK could really use an upgrade on the food even w/o Covid reductions and with those reductions - it isn't any better.
This has been a long term problem. MK has been in need of food upgrades forever. They don't have enough TS options and QS there is our last preference anywhere. We usually dine elsewhere except maybe breakfast on our MK days.
zafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 12:47 PM   #72
MinnieSueB
Studio

Tell your girls - Cute Masks!
MinnieSueB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 12:53 PM   #73
a1000monkeys
Grand Villa

So what is the conclusion?

Would you recommend a trip to WDW in the time of Covid or not? Like you, I would need to fly cross country to do it.
Old 08-01-2020, 01:57 PM   #74
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieSueB View Post
Yes!
Love the matching Orange Bird ears too!!
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 06:48 PM   #75
sawickipedia
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1000monkeys View Post

Would you recommend a trip to WDW in the time of Covid or not? Like you, I would need to fly cross country to do it.
I would recommend a trip for a regular Disney-goer like all of us. I am glad we went. Fly direct if you can or look for a quick layover. But I think Disney is as safe as any place in the US and 1000x more fun.
sawickipedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 06:50 PM   #76
sawickipedia
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieSueB View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post
Yes!
Love the matching Orange Bird ears too!!
Will do - as mentioned my wife made the masks herself and sells them too. She's a big Orange Bird fan.
sawickipedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 07:12 PM   #77
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopherit View Post

As for dining - I think once you glimpse inside a few dining places - you may relax that view. We felt very safely distanced (way more so than at places back in TX) while Disney dining. We dined inside at GF Cafe, Planet Hollywood, Kona Cafe, Mama Melrose, and Beaches and Cream. Honestly - we felt like we were placed a LOT closer to people when dining outdoors (like at Capt. Cooks or Yak and Yeti) because people weren't very good at reading the signs that literally say DON'T SIT HERE. Not sure if the great outdoors makes 'em feel more impervious or just affects their literacy adversely... but whatever the case, we felt like indoors was much more meticulously maintained. YMMV.
I have noticed that inside dining might be better. We have done a few dining ventures as of late and the times we sit inside we are like the only table or one of 2 tables. Outside is usually packed (though tables spaced).

OP- thanks for sharing. I still have to read more. But seems like you had a nice trip.

Owners since 2006- BWV & CCV
Next trip(s): Nov 28- Dec 2 VGF&BCV/ Dec 2-12 Palm Coast, Sept 27- Oct 3 CCV&BWV and 2/12/2022 Odyssey of the Seas Cruise

Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 08:21 PM   #78
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawickipedia View Post
Day 1 was Epcot -
- with the modified downsized # of food booths - it's not quite the over the top food bonanza F&W has become
- we went on a Sunday and it was empty - so I can't comment on how big Fri/Sat night crowds get
- for those who complain that F&W has gotten too crowded - GO NOW. RIGHT NOW. You will LOVE it. This is probably what F&W was like 25 years ago.
- the food is as good as always
- there aren't really any more table tops to eat it then usual - it is just that there is about 10-25% of the normal crowds
- Our Favorite F&W Bites:

- Earth Eats - Farmhouse Impossible Meatball & Chocolate Pudding Terrarium
- Africa - Shrimp Skewer at Africa (has a little kick to it)
- America - Lobster roll
- Japan - Chirashi Sushi Flowerpot (presentation alone makes it worth it)
- Morocco - Kefta Beef Pocket
- Brazil - Pork Belly & Black Beans
- Citrus Blossom - Orange Cream Shake (you do not need to order the orange bird sippy cup) and the lobster tail wasn't one of our favorites - it was fine for lobster
- Boursin Cheese - Gourmet Macaroni & Cheese
- Hawaii - Pork Slider

Our ok list includes the Beef Bao at China, the Lobster Tail at Citrus Blossom, Ribeye Taco at Mexico, and Bratwurst at Germany

Shots from the day at Epcot - the major theme - Emptiness

It rained that afternoon - but the important thing to note is the lack of the throng of humanity which you can usually see across all sides of the lagoon

The new mid-engine Corvette is a sweet-looking car

Sunset

The Fam

My youngest daughter LOVES Orange Bird and carries an original bank version of one for photo shots and adventure.
Thanks for sharing , Todd!
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 08:59 PM   #79
Doug Disney
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1000monkeys View Post

Here now, and 1/2 way through my trip. Had to fly from PA. Will do a TR of my thoughts, but will give you my quick opinion for now:

GO: If you go once a year or more, then itís a great time so far. Short lines, more time at the pool, you can do the park easily in less than one day.

DONíT GO: You are only going once every two years or more then I will say donít and wait for the full experience. Masks make it not as much fun, not good for pictures. More limited dining options so if you are looking for specific restaurants or something else special you possibly donít get that. Obviously no parades or fireworks at the end which for me is a big deal missing. You also miss stage shows which add to the park. Finally one last big thing which I only miss now that I am here, parks at night after dark. The ambiance after sunset is something you cannot get now.
Doug Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 12:39 PM   #80
Hi from RI
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Disney View Post
Here now, and 1/2 way through my trip. Had to fly from PA. Will do a TR of my thoughts, but will give you my quick opinion for now:

GO: If you go once a year or more, then itís a great time so far. Short lines, more time at the pool, you can do the park easily in less than one day.

DONíT GO: You are only going once every two years or more then I will say donít and wait for the full experience. Masks make it not as much fun, not good for pictures. More limited dining options so if you are looking for specific restaurants or something else special you possibly donít get that. Obviously no parades or fireworks at the end which for me is a big deal missing. You also miss stage shows which add to the park. Finally one last big thing which I only miss now that I am here, parks at night after dark. The ambiance after sunset is something you cannot get now.
Look forward to your trip report!!!

ME Nicole ,DH , DS : , DD , DD
Hi from RI is offline   Reply With Quote