home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Renting DVC Points
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-31-2020, 08:01 PM   #651
DISJeff74
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Davids

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAR View Post
Wow why checked in? I donít get this so owners are keeping the money no one is using the reservation and Davids is giving out vouchers ???
I had checked in on the MDE Months before. There is no question in my mind I could have went and stayed at the Poly those days even with the voucher. The reservation was never canceled by Davidís/owner of the points. It was painful to know they were just sitting there empty!
DISJeff74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 09:10 PM   #652
PAdisneylover1971
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default What is my next move?

Hi Everyone,
Not sure where I am with all this craziness going on, I have a reservation through Davidís for this coming Christmas week and I have reached out to confirm that everything is good to go so far....it seems so. We want to still go if possible and I do know the name of the owners but do not have any contact info for them. Should I be actively trying to contact the owners for some reason? There is so much hatred and negativity being hurled around here about David and his business practices that Iím kinda freaked out!!! Iíve rented three times thru him before and have had a perfect experience each time. Whatís my next move??? Help a renter out over here...I need some MouseOwners love!!!
PAdisneylover1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 10:23 PM   #653
zafiro
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAdisneylover1971 View Post
Hi Everyone,
Not sure where I am with all this craziness going on, I have a reservation through Davidís for this coming Christmas week and I have reached out to confirm that everything is good to go so far....it seems so. We want to still go if possible and I do know the name of the owners but do not have any contact info for them. Should I be actively trying to contact the owners for some reason? There is so much hatred and negativity being hurled around here about David and his business practices that Iím kinda freaked out!!! Iíve rented three times thru him before and have had a perfect experience each time. Whatís my next move??? Help a renter out over here...I need some MouseOwners love!!!
You should just leave all as is. You have a December reservation and likely the parks and resorts will open then. i don't think you have anything to worry about.
zafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 06:41 AM   #654
EEGRAM
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISJeff74 View Post
I had checked in on the MDE Months before. There is no question in my mind I could have went and stayed at the Poly those days even with the voucher. The reservation was never canceled by Davidís/owner of the points. It was painful to know they were just sitting there empty!
Davidís is telling the owner not to cancel the reservation if they want to be paid the remaining 30% due the owner. The justification is that the renters may change their mind.
Old 08-01-2020, 08:41 AM   #655
MMC1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISJeff74 View Post
I received a voucher from Davidís for my late June early July trip. There is no question that my reservation was still valid at the Polynesian as I was ďchecked in ď and received my room number through the MDE. Also received a survey about my stay ďupon returnĒ. Disney though I was there.
Dare to post photo of your David Voucher?
Maybe just a legal description of Wording?
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 08:47 AM   #656
MMC1
Banned

Quote:
Hi Everyone,
Hatred & negativity hurled is a very fair warning!
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 09:23 AM   #657
zafiro
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAR View Post
That is what I have done but it looks like some have and the room goes empty
I believe that all of the examples of rooms going empty that we've been made aware of were during the span of time that resorts were open and parks were closed. What David's or any other broker cannot do is take that specific reservation and change the name to a new guest.
zafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 10:51 AM   #658
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Hi Everyone,
You have a reservation that you want to keep. You should be good!

The issue is what happens in situations where the renter doesn't want to travel or the resorts are closed. I think if the parks and resorts are closed for your trip, there are way more serious things to worry about.

Do be aware that there are rumors that park hours may be adjusted and some parks may even be closed some days of the week. It will all depend on the number of visitors.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 06:17 PM   #659
pirate431
Studio

I have stayed out of the negativity about David because Iíve used his business to rent out my points in the past and been pleased. It was easy and time-efficient for me, and I didnít care about giving up a few $ per point to save my time for other matters. That said, some of the things reported here are of great concern and Iím not using his service at the moment and may not in the future. Iím now in the swing of renting my own points myself and, while it is work to be sure, itís do-able.

But I must say that if the scattered reports of him leaving reserved rooms unused is true, he is doing us all a service to burn some excess points out of the system. Reminds me of the Saturday Night Live skit in the 70s in which Jimmy Carter encouraged the public to set cash on fire to reduce inflation and heat their homes (and thereby save energy) at the same time.

Hey, just trying to focus on the positive.
pirate431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 07:39 PM   #660
got4boys
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate431 View Post
But I must say that if the scattered reports of him leaving reserved rooms unused is true, he is doing us all a service to burn some excess points out of the system. Reminds me of the Saturday Night Live skit in the 70s in which Jimmy Carter encouraged the public to set cash on fire to reduce inflation and heat their homes (and thereby save energy) at the same time.
There are some really good deals on Dedicated Reservations for Rent on his page. Some rentals are as low as $9 per point. Most are a couple weeks away, and last minute, but still - $9 per point.
got4boys is offline   Reply With Quote