home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Disney Movies, Shows, Television, Radio, and Multimedia
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-21-2020, 12:16 AM   #201
Loro
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FessParker1 View Post
When we put it on it had the CC already on. I need to watch it again with out the CC to be able to watch the actors.
Completely understand.

I think at this point I'm just so used to subtitles from watching tons of Japanese shows/movies that I'm able to sorta read and watch at the same time, and I don't even think about that part of it.
Loro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 12:09 PM   #202
PSULion22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
DH and I watched Artemis Fowl and it was very entertaining and fast paced.
Neither of us could get through Hamilton as the music was not to our liking and it was hard to follow the fast rap dialogue when your ears are not conditioned to the cacophony so I gave up.
How far in did you get? This is how I felt after listening to the soundtrack a few years ago. They're not even "fast" rapping. It's like slow rap singing, akin to a Will Smith song. I couldn't understand what they hype was about. After about 4-5 songs I gave up. Watching was the same way... until King George showed up. I hadn't gotten that far on my first listening. "You'll Be Back" got me back engaged into the show enough to get into the real songs - "Helpless", "Satisfied", "The Story of Tonight", and "Wait For It" hooked me into the show. And there are so many great and powerful performances from that point on that I was blown away. Even the more "rappy" songs were better once Daveed Diggs dropped his awful French accent, and his performance as Jefferson in the second act won him a Tony. Jefferson, Washington, and Eliza really drive the show, especially in the second act. But you have to get through some drudgery, especially the opening 20-30 minutes, to get there. The mostly subpar (compared to the rest of the cast) performances of Miranda and Leslie Odom Jr as Burr don't help keep you engaged, again especially at the beginning.
PSULion22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 07:34 PM   #203
capeokw56
Grand Villa

I just saw that Disney+ is streaming a new Muppets show starting this Friday. It's called Muppets Now and there is a story and trailer here...

https://allears.net/2020/07/27/check...ts-now-series/
capeokw56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 08:56 PM   #204
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeokw56 View Post
I just saw that Disney+ is streaming a new Muppets show starting this Friday. It's called Muppets Now and there is a story and trailer here...

https://allears.net/2020/07/27/check...ts-now-series/

Indeed. Looking forward to it!
Brian5581 is online now   Reply With Quote