home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tours and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-16-2019, 07:26 AM   #21
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

I am bothered that Disney reduced the AP & DVC discounts to only $5 per ticket. Talk about a token discount.......
Old 01-16-2019, 08:20 AM   #22
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
This is a first......Disney actually giving decent advance notice for one of the big "hard ticket" events. I like the advance notice.

Just like last year, I will not be attending a MNSSHP event in August......that is just crazy to me.

Looking at the scheduled dates, my October trip is really impacted. We will be in WDW Oct 19-26th. There is a party on the 20,21,24&25, which means 4 of the 7 nights Magic Kingdom will be closed to me. I am planning on going to the Party for the Senses on the 19th and the Food & Wine Classic on the 26th (assuming those dates based on last year). That means only Oct 23rd is the only night we can go to Magic Kingdom that week.

I’m sure I’ll do one of those midweek parties, likely the Monday (10/21) or Thursday (10/24) option.

Quote:
I am bothered that Disney reduced the AP & DVC discounts to only $5 per ticket. Talk about a token discount.......

Pretty sure it’s been around that the last few years, no? Definitely hasn’t been a discount of anything much, unfortunately.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 11:07 AM   #23
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

Quote:
This is a first......Disney actually giving decent advance notice for one of the big "hard ticket" events. I like the advance notice.

Just like last year, I will not be attending a MNSSHP event in August......that is just crazy to me.

Looking at the scheduled dates, my October trip is really impacted. We will be in WDW Oct 19-26th. There is a party on the 20,21,24&25, which means 4 of the 7 nights Magic Kingdom will be closed to me. I am planning on going to the Party for the Senses on the 19th and the Food & Wine Classic on the 26th (assuming those dates based on last year). That means only Oct 23rd is the only night we can go to Magic Kingdom that week.
This is really my takeaway as well! We are not going this year, but are anticipating a late August trip in 2020. The early presence of these parties (and the earlier entry allowed at 2 instead of 4) REALLY impacts park plans. The special ticket events, like many things, are having an increasing impact on what is available when there.
Old 01-16-2019, 01:06 PM   #24
stellabutterman
One Bedroom

Quote:
I was disappointed too and was hoping for at least a 15% discount.
stellabutterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 07:22 PM   #25
PirateLinda
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
I’m sure I’ll do one of those midweek parties, likely the Monday (10/21) or Thursday (10/24) option.

Pretty sure it’s been around that the last few years, no? Definitely hasn’t been a discount of anything much, unfortunately.
Yup, $5 off the last 2 years is all we got.

We'll be there that week, too. I'm hoping Monday might be a little less crowded than Thursday.

Upcoming Trips:
7/28-8/1 BWV
9/29-10/2 SSR
10/20-10/27 AKV - Kidani
PirateLinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 09:00 PM   #26
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateLinda View Post
Yup, $5 off the last 2 years is all we got.

We'll be there that week, too. I'm hoping Monday might be a little less crowded than Thursday.

Very nice. I think there are a number of us around that week, certainly Tom and Robin and Tammy and me. A meetup, perhaps?
Old 01-17-2019, 08:48 AM   #27
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
When compared to gate pricing, it's closer to $15 off.
Old 01-18-2019, 06:51 PM   #28
PirateLinda
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Very nice. I think there are a number of us around that week, certainly Tom and Robin and Tammy and me. A meetup, perhaps?
We’d be interested in that!

Upcoming Trips:
7/28-8/1 BWV
9/29-10/2 SSR
10/20-10/27 AKV - Kidani
PirateLinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 09:46 PM   #29
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateLinda View Post
We’d be interested in that!

Excellent! We shall discuss closer to the time.