home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-12-2017, 02:01 PM   #1
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Question World Showcase Trivia Question

Q: Of the world's 10 most populous countries, how many have pavilions at World Showcase?

Give it a thought or guess, then check it out here.

Yes, I know, population does not in itself make for a good pavilion choice, but even still that's pretty pathetic. Even though a new pavilion was not announced at D23, in the words of Aragorn, there is always hope!

I'm hoping for Brazil and/or India. Both are in that top 10, and both have an identifiable cuisine and one or more cultural icons. The lack of any Indian restaurant at WDW out of roughly 75 TS restaurants is disappointing. (OK Sanaa has one or two menu items...). So is the lack of anything from South America in World Showcase.

The one thing we do not need is another European country. We've got lots of those!

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)

Last edited by erikthewise; 08-12-2017 at 02:09 PM.
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 02:24 PM   #2
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Brazil would be nice.

DVC since 2006- own at OKW, HHI and BWV
LAURA's next trip(s): Oct 1-8 at BWV/AKV and Dec 30-Jan 4 at OKW/PVB and March 3-10 at BWV
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 04:01 PM   #3
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

The items Sanaa has isn't even very Indian when it comes down to it either.

Brasil was the one I wanted. A country like India would be nice as well. Though both are large and might be harder to get it all but something would be nice
Old 08-12-2017, 05:34 PM   #4
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

My vote is for Brazil and a Brazilian steakhouse...
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 09:43 AM   #5
Bigb
Studio

I am in favor of Brazil. Other countries on my list either for culture or cuisine are, in no particular order

Egypt
Columbia
Cuba
Ukraine
Peru
Jamaica
India
Chile
Australia
Argentina
Venezuela
Turkey
Spain

I would say more African countries but animal kingdom is already very African themed.
2013 Art of Animation
2014 Saratoga Springs
2015 Port Orleans Riverside & Saratoga Springs

Bigb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 12:08 PM   #6
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
Q: Of the world's 10 most populous countries, how many have pavilions at World Showcase?

Yes, I know, population does not in itself make for a good pavilion choice, but even still that's pretty pathetic. Even though a new pavilion was not announced at D23, in the words of Aragorn, there is always hope!

I'm hoping for Brazil and/or India. Both are in that top 10, and both have an identifiable cuisine and one or more cultural icons. The lack of any Indian restaurant at WDW out of roughly 75 TS restaurants is disappointing. (OK Sanaa has one or two menu items...). So is the lack of anything from South America in World Showcase.

The one thing we do not need is another European country. We've got lots of those!
So, I guessed 3, but guessed Japan as top 10 instead of Mexico. Oops! Very interesting! A little more diversity would be nice at Epcot. I don't really have a preference, just a new country( or 2).
Old 08-13-2017, 05:08 PM   #7
Leftcoaster
Founding Member

My top 4 choices for new pavilions would be Brazil, India, Thailand, and Spain. All have great food, and all great cultural history.

www.twitter.com/morerumlesscoke

"Being a princess means so much more than wearing a tiara and a pretty dress" - Cinderellabration

"Don't do anything Revengy 'till I get there."
Leftcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 06:21 PM   #8
Jedimom3
Two Bedroom

I'd also very much like to see South America finally represented,and Brazil would be great. Spain is also just as great though as far as cuisine and culture for an Epcot addition. Australia also
Jedimom3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 11:52 AM   #9
TW1
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftcoaster View Post
My top 4 choices for new pavilions would be Brazil, India, Thailand, and Spain. All have great food, and all great cultural history.
Same four, different order: India, Thailand, Spain, and Brazil.
TW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 01:27 PM   #10
henrycpa91
Add-on Aficionado

Sorry to disagree but I would love Greece and Greek Food.

I would also love the Indian however.

Brazil would be good to but thinking another steakhouse in EPCOT is not what is needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post

MY WDW Visits...

1973 - First Trip out of KY and used Tickets from the Today newspaper
2004 (Alex First), 2005, 2006 (Romantic), 2007,2008,2009,2010
henrycpa91 is offline   Reply With Quote