home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-13-2017, 08:27 AM   #321
reblzmom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzrooster View Post
Kim and I just spent about 5 minutes outside watching the meteor shower. We saw 8......

Get out there and look!!!
I didn't know about this either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Nice family time, Pam.

Glad your daughter's birthday went well, Kelly.

Sounds very nice, Dan.

Got to get the suitcases out today... Huge packing evening Monday. Maybe I'll start today even... Ha.
That sounds like a great trip.....hopefully you will have some pictures????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanks07 View Post
Made it to FOP sat, early magic hours 8-9 we were in line by 7 basically walked straight on, rode fop, had breakfast at the canteen and rode Everest by 915. Hooked up with Kristin and family Friday for safari ride together woohoo!!, so far paddlefish and Frontera coccina boathouse tonight home monday, we're planning on lunch at homecoming before we leave tomorrow.
Nicely done! All those restaurants sound good, too.

Hi, Pam!
Old 08-13-2017, 08:42 AM   #322
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

O O

Good morning! The meteor shower will continue until the 24th, if I recall correctly. Was pretty cool. Karl should chime in on this.....

Mike! Nice on FOP and being able to see Kristin before they left. Jason was at AK last night...
Old 08-13-2017, 11:18 AM   #323
Indy
Add-on Aficionado

Thanks Dan , .. i forgot to look last night (we had fun at a friend's Wedding last night ) .... Yep, The Perseids meteor shower can still be seen until late August. The peak was August 12, so we can still see a great show tonight. There is about 80 per hour, best time to see is from Midnight to Dawn. ... we'll probably only see about 40 per hour beacause of the moon brightness. ... still amazes me, the shooting star is only the size of a grain of sand when we see it streaking across the sky, yep burns up before reaches earths atmosphere. .... Look to the North

PS ... going to Colts pre season game today (1 pm)

WDW
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 11:28 AM   #324
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
Thanks Dan , .. i forgot to look last night (we had fun at a friend's Wedding last night ) .... Yep, The Perseids meteor shower can still be seen until late August. The peak was August 12, so we can still see a great show tonight. There is about 80 per hour, best time to see is from Midnight to Dawn. ... we'll probably only see about 40 per hour beacause of the moon brightness. ... still amazes me, the shooting star is only the size of a grain of sand when we see it streaking across the sky, yep burns up before reaches earths atmosphere. .... Look to the North

And traveling at 130,000 miles per hour!

Enjoy the game
Old 08-13-2017, 11:39 AM   #325
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Made it to FOP sat, early magic hours 8-9 we were in line by 7 basically walked straight on, rode fop, had breakfast at the canteen and rode Everest by 915. Hooked up with Kristin and family Friday for safari ride together woohoo!!, so far paddlefish and Frontera coccina boathouse tonight home monday, we're planning on lunch at homecoming before we leave tomorrow.

Sounds excellent, Mike! Glad you got to meet up with Kristin and family. Enjoy your last day and have a safe trip back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycrazy View Post
Get going!

Bah humbug. Finally figured out my journey from the port in France to Disneyland Paris. Got some dining reservations set as well.

Now dealing with AT&T to add international plan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by reblzmom View Post
That sounds like a great trip.....hopefully you will have some pictures????

Thanks, Patty. Indeed! Might even appear here at some point, haha...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post

Interesting information, Karl. Glad you enjoyed the wedding. Have fun at the game!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 12:14 PM   #326
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Patty, are you going in December? I thought I saw you comment on a thread about something happening at WDW in December.
Old 08-13-2017, 03:33 PM   #327
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Watching the Colts. Haven't seen Karl yet.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 04:19 PM   #328
D C
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Yeah buddy! Someone knows how to Disney!
Old 08-13-2017, 04:20 PM   #329
D C
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
O O

Good morning! The meteor shower will continue until the 24th, if I recall correctly. Was pretty cool. Karl should chime in on this.....

Mike! Nice on FOP and being able to see Kristin before they left. Jason was at AK last night...
I may have to set up my camera and tripod if it's clear here.
Old 08-13-2017, 09:20 PM   #330
reblzmom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Patty, are you going in December? I thought I saw you comment on a thread about something happening at WDW in December.
No, we are going on Labor Day for the week.....getting close.