home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-12-2017, 03:06 PM   #121
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
BLT seems like a great deal honestly over all. One of my friends just did a resale there (looking to officially close in a few weeks - passed ROFR). Some of the prices I've seen were great and some not great but still pretty good. I truly wish I liked it there more. I cannot say how many times I've considered buying there and realized no one really cares to go back now that we can stay at PVB. I know it's great for many it just didn't resonate with any of us for some reason.

Sometimes you do have to pay for what you want, and as long as you (generic) can afford it, it shouldn't matter. I do always suggest to friends to consider resale first, but if they do direct, no big deal if they are happy. Same with paying more for a resale than you hoped - if you got the contract you wanted it's really all good.

I wish I would have liked it at $90 PP! But I didn't either! I started to like it when it was more expensive! It is different. It has more of a hotel feel, which really doesn't appeal to me. I like the resort feel better. But what I do like about it outweighs the hotel feel.

It is a contemporary style and I love the big open living space. Also, there is nothing more appealing than having MK in your view shed. Hearing the WDW train and whistle. Watching the monorail whiz by. Beautiful sunsets or sunrises over the park. Hearing sounds of joy and laughter from the park. Being able to walking to the MK. Watching fireworks from your room or TOTWL. Watching the ELP. I love all of the shops at the Contemporary. The Contemporary reminds me of NYC! Everyone hustling and bustling. That is what drew me to BLT, and let's not forget the MFs!
lovindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 04:15 PM   #122
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovindisney View Post
I wish I would have liked it at $90 PP! But I didn't either! I started to like it when it was more expensive! It is different. It has more of a hotel feel, which really doesn't appeal to me. I like the resort feel better. But what I do like about it outweighs the hotel feel.

It is a contemporary style and I love the big open living space. Also, there is nothing more appealing than having MK in your view shed. Hearing the WDW train and whistle. Watching the monorail whiz by. Beautiful sunsets or sunrises over the park. Hearing sounds of joy and laughter from the park. Being able to walking to the MK. Watching fireworks from your room or TOTWL. Watching the ELP. I love all of the shops at the Contemporary. The Contemporary reminds me of NYC! Everyone hustling and bustling. That is what drew me to BLT, and let's not forget the MFs!
Now that is love of a resort. I wish I had that kind of a connection with it, but we have others we do love.

I think our biggest negative for it is the pool area which is silly for us, but a big deal. I'm glad we stayed there. It was the first time we ever did a 2 bedroom and was for our 10th wedding anniversary.

Staying where you love is always a great feeling. Likely why I am struggling with our next trip. We are looking places I am more 'meh' on which makes it harder to decide.
Old 08-12-2017, 07:12 PM   #123
Djohn06
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovindisney View Post

Laughing at you didn't like it at $90.

I understand why people don't like BLT. I really do.

I love the contemporary style as well. Everything you mentioned makes it great. Walking to MK . . . . . priceless. I love hanging out on the back part of the building. In the hustle and bustle of the inside of the Contemporary, there is calm and peace on the back of the lake. It's such a great contrast!

Standard rooms and lower MFs, that's a great combo.

Djohn06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 07:18 PM   #124
Djohn06
Grand Villa

Quote:
BLT seems like a great deal honestly over all. . . . . . .
I truly wish I liked it there more. I cannot say how many times I've considered buying there and realized no one really cares to go back now that we can stay at PVB. I know it's great for many it just didn't resonate with any of us for some reason.
Poly Loyalty is real and very understandable.

I hope my family still wants to go back to BLT now too I've already had my daughter rank her resorts. As of today, she said:

PVB
AKV
BLT
VGF
SSR

She doesn't recall our BWV stay, so I will need another stay there, BCV and Copper Creek. Well it sounds like I have my resort stays for 2018 now. I better activate that annual pass

Djohn06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 07:54 PM   #125
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djohn06 View Post
Poly Loyalty is real and very understandable.

I hope my family still wants to go back to BLT now too I've already had my daughter rank her resorts. As of today, she said:

PVB
AKV
BLT
VGF
SSR

She doesn't recall our BWV stay, so I will need another stay there, BCV and Copper Creek. Well it sounds like I have my resort stays for 2018 now. I better activate that annual pass
It's very ingrained in my brain too - fell in love with it when I was 5!

Sounds like our kids are similar. Here's our list from my 9yo

PVB
AKL (almost tied)
OKW
BCV (almost tied as well)
BLT
BWV (though he doesn't remember much)

He hasn't done SSR or VGF yet. WL is on our list for next trip or two. SSR is my least favorite followed by VGF so we'll get to them with him, but not sure when.
Old 08-12-2017, 10:20 PM   #126
Disney54us
Grand Villa

Quote:
It's very ingrained in my brain too - fell in love with it when I was 5!

Sounds like our kids are similar. Here's our list from my 9yo

PVB
AKL (almost tied)
OKW
BCV (almost tied as well)
BLT
BWV (though he doesn't remember much)

He hasn't done SSR or VGF yet. WL is on our list for next trip or two. SSR is my least favorite followed by VGF so we'll get to them with him, but not sure when.
Curious about the almost tried for AKL?

Poly first two trips when we started going. In Hawaii building that many DVC'ers refer as club level. Back then, it was called concierge building. So, daughter now 26 at the start of first trip grew up with her taste set high for Disney resorts. In a way long before PVB it was always our home.
OKW because it has great room/balcony size, lovely grounds and our first when we bought.
SSR add on, not that crazy about it. We have been to Saratoga NY, great town, nice restaurants but when in fl we want to feel tropical.
Granted, not on a Disney stay but trip back from sons college. We were at DS and took the walking path, back. Forgot how pretty it is. The grounds are very well kept. Just the decor/theming. I live in the NE, I don't go to fl and want to stay in a room with that. So it really is bottom of the list though I owned, two add ons.
BWV -could never get a room even for a couple of nights. DH always wanted to stay. When we bought, OKW was selling out BW was being built and they were selling it too. I remember during the tour being told it was Disney's interpretation of Atlantic City.... again being from the NE, I had to laugh and say if only it looked half as good as this.
BCV - Got to spend one or two nights years back. Everyone enjoyed. Took mom to super soap weekend and DH and DS loved storm along bay.
AKV- no interest, just not their thing. We went when the park opened, hadn't been back until 2015 still can't see more than a half a day. I know, things have changed now. Both went different years on senior trip, years after and both concluded a full day was a waste and we hadn't missed much through the years not going to that park. So their desire to stay there, zip.
BLT. Never stayed but we spent one night after a Member cruise at the Contemporary b/f BLT was built. We were never so happy to check out and check in to the Poly. So BLT would not be a draw.

Pvb
Okw
Bcv
After that it's all, well that's where I could get a room and we are going to Disney.
That's what is great about all the different theming, there is something to appeal to most taste.
We did lunch on trip home from school at Geyser Point and both were very intrigued by WL and I think they would like to try it out for a split stay.
Disney54us is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 07:30 AM   #127
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

He really cannot decide if AKL is tied with or just below PVB. I am sure if you ask him another day it might change
Old 08-13-2017, 09:32 AM   #128
Disney54us
Grand Villa

Quote:
He really cannot decide if AKL is tied with or just below PVB. I am sure if you ask him another day it might change
Never had the interest but know people love it. It's on the bucket list to spend a couple of days one of these days. It's another place that seems would be relaxing. Then the decision of Kidani or Jambo. I know people have their preferences.
Disney54us is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 11:04 AM   #129
TexasChick
Two Bedroom

I see the price increases as a major deterrent to buying in right now. Couple that with the fact that the MF's are threatening to rise rapidly because of the increase in taxes, and I think that DVC ownership is becoming less appealing. I currently have a contract on which we are waiting to close. This is a lengthy closing because of international sellers. In the event that we cannot close by the date in the contract, then I am happy to walk away because of the comptroller mercilessly going after all the resorts for more money. Basically, between the higher DVC resale prices and the higher potential taxes, I have cooled to owning anymore than I already do. I truly hope that Disney and the others are successful in their lawsuits against the county, but only time will tell.

Last edited by TexasChick; 08-13-2017 at 11:34 AM.
TexasChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 12:46 PM   #130
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney54us View Post
Never had the interest but know people love it. It's on the bucket list to spend a couple of days one of these days. It's another place that seems would be relaxing. Then the decision of Kidani or Jambo. I know people have their preferences.
It quickly became a family favorite. I wasn't sure myself but it was really great. Very relaxing which is what we seem to like in resorts (hence the PVB and OKW in there too).

It is a bit dark and doing make up is a PITA due to the lighting, but we'll go back for sure!