home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Perks Pages"
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-11-2017, 10:32 AM   #241
jfugina
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYFIX View Post
That was me who asked. I have a bad feeling about this. It seems we will be penalized for buying Plat Plus at the original price. I could understand if we started using the passes then they went on sale. We were going to wait till we actually got to the park to make the purchase, but cant make fastpasses without tix. This isn't going to be pretty. kinda bummed
Being able to get FPs was exactly why we bought tickets ahead of time also. We aren't always passholders. We only do it if we know for sure we're doing multiple trips in a 12m window. But the other two times we got APs, we upgraded from MYW tickets. We never started with an AP right off the bat. Upgrading to AP from MYW was never painful. And I've read that upgrading AP tiers is pretty painless too, even after it's been used. So our takeaway from this experience was that if we ever buy APs again, that we'll just get the lowest tier, and upgrade only if/when we need to (even if we know we're going during a blackout period). Because yes, I wouldn't want to have to go through this again, or risk losing out on a potential perk due to timing.

I would expect that if there's going to be even a remote chance of getting refunded the price difference, that it would have to be done before the ticket is used. I think we were lucky to get the refund - I actually think the CM just wanted to be rid of us.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:48 PM   #242
DVCsnaillady2
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Does anyone know with upgrade to the platinum plus which includes greens fees to Oak Trail Golf course, does the DVC member have to be of the party? Wondering if I was traveling with my folks and they were on my reservation, could they (or one of them) use the Oak Trails benefits?
DVCsnaillady2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 12:04 AM   #243
pdude81
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCsnaillady2 View Post
Does anyone know with upgrade to the platinum plus which includes greens fees to Oak Trail Golf course, does the DVC member have to be of the party? Wondering if I was traveling with my folks and they were on my reservation, could they (or one of them) use the Oak Trails benefits?
I would think it has to be on their ticket/mb
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 10:56 AM   #244
flypwm
One Bedroom

Question for anyone that might know -

If we bought the 7 day ticket, is that upgradeable to an annual pass at any point?

We have two potential trips coming up - December and February. I'm thinking that if we're firm on Dec, I'd buy the 7 day ticket, and then upgrade it to an AP if we decide to keep the Feb trip as well. Is that possible, and would that just need to be done before the 7 day ticket is used up (since it has 6 months of validity after first use), or does the upgrade need to happen sooner than that?
flypwm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 04:43 PM   #245
cali09
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
The last day to renew and get 13 months is 9/30/2017.

The last day to take advantage of the Platinum Plus Pass for the price of the Gold is 1/3/2018.
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrycpa91 View Post
Ok, this is new to me...or maybe I am just being dense....

We have AP we renewed last Dec and got the 13 month deal on so good through January 2018...

If we renew those renewals by Sept 30, would that mean we then would have AP through Feb 2019?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
Your renewal window won't open until Nov (60 days prior to expiration).
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
You cannot renew more than 60 days in advance. So if you have a Jan renewal date, the earliest you can renew is November.
We are in almost the same situation. Bought AP's with the 13-month deal in November 2016 and activated December 23, 2016, so the expiration is January 23, 2018.

So we will miss the renewal deadline to get the 13-month deal again by just 23 days

If only I had purchased them a few weeks earlier

"to educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
Theodore Roosevelt

cali09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 05:25 PM   #246
nicsmom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali09 View Post
We are in almost the same situation. Bought AP's with the 13-month deal in November 2016 and activated December 23, 2016, so the expiration is January 23, 2018.

So we will miss the renewal deadline to get the 13-month deal again by just 23 days

Is there no pixie dust for this?
nicsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 05:56 PM   #247
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

You can renew up to 60 days before the expiration so I believe you can still get the deal. Just not 13 months.

Last edited by Goofygrl; 09-17-2017 at 06:06 PM.
Goofygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 05:58 PM   #248
Buzz Lightyear Towers
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicsmom View Post
Is there no pixie dust for this?
I was able to renew my gold pass last year 60+ days before my renewal date. I had a trip planned and needed to renew before my 60 day fastpass window. Member Services took care of everything over the phone. The new AP showed up on MDE immediately and was activated automatically when I made my FP+ selections. This may only work if there is a DVC reservation in that time frame, but depending on use year banking deadlines one could theoretically book a dummy ressie, get the AP renewal, and then cancel before the 30 day mark.

AKV, BLT, BWV, and PVB are my home resorts. :
Buzz Lightyear Towers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 05:59 PM   #249
Buzz Lightyear Towers
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
You can renew up to 60 days before the expiration so I believe you can still get the deal.
Or just do it the much easier and simpler way that Goofygirl explained!!!

AKV, BLT, BWV, and PVB are my home resorts. :
Buzz Lightyear Towers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 06:04 PM   #250
vwlmom
Studio

Quote:

It wouldn't have made a difference if you had purchased them earlier unless you would have activated them earlier. Since your expiration date is Jan 23 you're actually missing it by one month and 23 days if that helps ease the pain. The earliest you could renew (without pixie dust) would be November 23rd.
vwlmom is offline   Reply With Quote