home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-07-2017, 10:12 PM   #541
DisPoly15
Studio

How soon after a points transfer is made do the points become available? Say my parents in law and our family want to combine points and book a 2 bedroom at Aulani, do we have to make the transfer before the day of booking to be able to do it, or can we call and transfer and book at the same time? The thing is, if two studios are open for booking at 7 mos we just do that which we'd both need our individual points for, if not we'll combine for a hopefully available 2 bedroom.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:14 PM   #542
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisPoly15 View Post
How soon after a points transfer is made do the points become available? Say my parents in law and our family want to combine points and book a 2 bedroom at Aulani, do we have to make the transfer before the day of booking to be able to do it, or can we call and transfer and book at the same time? The thing is, if two studios are open for booking at 7 mos we just do that which we'd both need our individual points for, if not we'll combine for a hopefully available 2 bedroom.
The transfer will happen immediately. And you can book immediately once the points are in your account.

Where I'm Going 2017/2018:

Monday, 12/25/17 - Tuesday, 12/26/2017 - SSR
Tuesday, 12/26/17 - Saturday, 12/30/17 - BLT
Saturday, 12/30/17 - Sunday, 01/07/18 - VGF (Running 1st 1/2 Marathon - 01/06/18)
Wednesday, 06/27/18 - Wednesday, 07/11/18 - HHI

cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 10:09 AM   #543
Janice2014
Studio

Default Mnsshp

Have booked MNSSHP for 31st Oct.CM gave me a booking number but can I get an actual ticket instead of putting on my MB.

This is the first time I have been to a ticked event but I can remember people coming into the parks for events with a lanyard and ticket so they have something to remember the night with, not just a number which is going to disappear into the 'great beyond' come midnight. xxx

Counting Down BWV 2017 Oct/Nov
Janice2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 12:02 PM   #544
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice2014 View Post
Have booked MNSSHP for 31st Oct.CM gave me a booking number but can I get an actual ticket instead of putting on my MB.

This is the first time I have been to a ticked event but I can remember people coming into the parks for events with a lanyard and ticket so they have something to remember the night with, not just a number which is going to disappear into the 'great beyond' come midnight. xxx

You should have been able to get tickets sent to you when you bought but not at this point I'm relatively certain.
Old 08-16-2017, 12:38 PM   #545
Janice2014
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
You should have been able to get tickets sent to you when you bought but not at this point I'm relatively certain.

Thanks. I think the problem is that I live in the U.K. so I don't think they would post/ship anything out to me anyway. Thought I may have been able to pick up at a ticket office or from reception when I arrive at Boardwalk on 30th.

Old 08-16-2017, 12:49 PM   #546
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Thanks. I think the problem is that I live in the U.K. so I don't think they would post/ship anything out to me anyway. Thought I may have been able to pick up at a ticket office or from reception when I arrive at Boardwalk on 30th.
If you want a physical ticket, you should be able to get one issued at either the resort ticket desk, guest relations or a park ticket window. I believe the cards they use are the standard cards (no party specific design).

If you will be getting MagicBands when you check-in, you don't need physical tickets for the party if you link them to your MDE profile.

JaxFLBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 04:26 PM   #547
Janice2014
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
If you want a physical ticket, you should be able to get one issued at either the resort ticket desk, guest relations or a park ticket window. I believe the cards they use are the standard cards (no party specific design).

If you will be getting MagicBands when you check-in, you don't need physical tickets for the party if you link them to your MDE profile.
Thanks for the information.

I was also trying to cut down the number of times I would be stopped to prove that I had paid for the party. Reading some of the other posts this could get quite aggravating

Old 08-16-2017, 04:44 PM   #548
pdude81
Two Bedroom

Quote:

I was also trying to cut down the number of times I would be stopped to prove that I had paid for the party. Reading some of the other posts this could get quite aggravating
For MVMCP this past year you got a wristband when entering the park after a certain time. If in the park you'd have to go to the front so they could scan your MB and give you the wristband then.

I assume they do the same thing at any of the 'parties'.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 04:47 PM   #549
jamesa1
Studio

Quote:

Once you enter the park a cast member will put a special party wristband on you. That is all you need to show after that if even asked.
jamesa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 06:46 PM   #550
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

As mentioned they look at the wrist band you are given. Having an actual ticket will not change or limit being checked. And the cardstock is just the normal stock - no "collectors" interest in it.