home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Adult Travelers - Singles, Couples, DINKS
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: Does Walt Disney World Need More Adult Only Venues ?
Yes. It's time Disney took us Adults seriously and catered to our needs 45 33.58%
Yes. Although I do love drinking my beer next to the kid with the sippy cup 14 10.45%
No. Disney provides plenty of Adult Only locations. Seek and You will Find. 64 47.76%
No. Silly Rabbit Disney is for Kids 15 11.19%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-26-2017, 06:14 PM   #61
ealvarado8899
Two Bedroom

Adult can mean a lot of things. If you mean bar life, then definately not. If you mean things that adults would want, but may not interest kids, then no problem.

If you want a Vegas experience, Disney isn't the place.
2009 - Off site - Christmas
2012 - Polynesian - October
2015 - Art of Animation - Christmas week
2016 - Purchase DVC!
2016 - SSR - Thanksgiving Week
2017 - SSR - June
2017 - BWV - June
2018 - SSR - March - Spring Break

----------------------------------------------------
ealvarado8899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 06:16 PM   #62
ealvarado8899
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocks_63 View Post

and for us aging DVCers, I would love to see some more 21 Plus type entertainment - comedy club, etc....

GOldi
Comedy club would be nice. I just don't see how one would be profitable without kids.
2016 - Purchase DVC!
2017 - SSR - June
2017 - BWV - June

Old 07-26-2017, 06:59 PM   #63
flypwm
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ealvarado8899 View Post
Comedy club would be nice. I just don't see how one would be profitable without kids.
Continue to build the boardwalk out and put it there. Epcot area is where I would want to stay if I didn't have kids (because that's where we loved staying prior to having children). It seems like that's where a lot of adult-only travelers tend to stay anyway given the concentration there of restaurants and bars.

After all, it doesn't have to be just a comedy club. It can be something else during the day and then turn over around dinner hours.
flypwm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 07:38 PM   #64
ealvarado8899
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by flypwm View Post
Continue to build the boardwalk out and put it there. Epcot area is where I would want to stay if I didn't have kids (because that's where we loved staying prior to having children). It seems like that's where a lot of adult-only travelers tend to stay anyway given the concentration there of restaurants and bars.

After all, it doesn't have to be just a comedy club. It can be something else during the day and then turn over around dinner hours.
I think something like that would be better fit for Disney Springs. But with the cable cars, the boardwalk area could be built up.
2016 - Purchase DVC!
2017 - SSR - June
2017 - BWV - June

Old 07-26-2017, 08:03 PM   #65
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ealvarado8899 View Post
Adult can mean a lot of things. If you mean bar life, then definately not. If you mean things that adults would want, but may not interest kids, then no problem.

If you want a Vegas experience, Disney isn't the place.
Definitely possible to have bars without the "Vegas experience" (and I sure know what you mean there ). With that said, I think that there are sufficient bars, both outside and within parks, so we don't need more. But bars are a fabulous part of Disney.

Cheers.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:14 PM   #66
goldilocks_63
Two Bedroom

Red face Dancing

Amd make an up to date dance area instead of the old mtv 80s stuff.

I forgot the name of it but its really lame over the at the end of the boardwalk.

Maybe a cooking demo area during the day.

Id like another spa. I think bcv getting one there.

Bring in local talent and change it up.

There is so much they could do.

Goldi
goldilocks_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 09:43 PM   #67
Disney54us
Grand Villa

I think there are plenty of great 'adult' areas. Now, if people who go to Disney would get a grip or even a arm (for all I care) on their kids and stop thinking Disney is a built in play place for kids behaving badly. That would work.

As far as restrictions for TS dining, I could and have taken my daughter anywhere and to the best places when she was young and she knew how to behave better than some adults. Now my son, he was a more difficult toddler, so I would never and hinder someone's dining experience until he was older and I knew he would not be a disturbance.
I remember we had ADR's at Citrico's, she was four and son wasn't born. I know some looked as we walked in, thinking oh no a young kid. I get it, but I would not have been there if I thought she couldn't handle it. I basically just needed to say when we would go to places like that or Tavern on the Green. I need your AAA manners.
I would love to see some hot tub restrictions especially after a certain time. Or at least rules no drinks, no climbing the walls ( like animals) enforced. I would say parental supervision required but many say and do nothing when kids are misbehaving and they are sitting there.
Last trip we were at PVB, staying in the bungalow. DD and her bf mid twenties and DS decide to go to the pool and hot tub to chill. They are enjoying and there was a couple with their son. No problem, they are sitting around and he was not noisy, or running in and out. The fire works start and all hell breaks loose. The pool filled with kids all come jumping in. Over capacity they are noisy, no parents in sight. One kid who his father was there was finally corrected after DD made a snarky comment to her bf when he kept climbing in and out not using the steps. You really need to hear a twenty something year old comment on your sons behavior to finally correct him! even with that, he finally said, 'use the steps' " why dad" father looks over to my daughter and then says because I said so. Finally she went to the life guard and said I realize you have a hard job but when the whole pool of kids empties out and is in the hot tub, with ice cream etc. you need to do something. So hot tub restrictions or enforcement of capacity limits etc. I'm all for to help the adult enjoyment of Disney.
Disney54us is offline   Reply With Quote