home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > Welcome to the Forums!
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-08-2017, 11:24 AM   #11
smmcgarry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyAmy View Post
Welcome back!!!!

What part of Florida did you move to? I am looking at an opportunity in the Jupiter/West Palm area (but could live in a much broader area than that if I wanted to). I'd like to live far enough that we wouldn't be there every weekend. My son lives in Orlando and my dad is in the Clearwater area.
I'm in Zephyrhills... about 45 minutes north of Tampa, the retirement community of the world. No, I'm not retired. I'm 40. We've only been here 2 months. The locals tell us that the population rises from 30,000 to 70,000 starting in November.

We got hit pretty hard during the hurricane. At 2 AM, the eye wall hit us. It was a long night for me... my wife slept through it!
smmcgarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 04:23 PM   #12
JerseyAmy
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by smmcgarry View Post
I'm in Zephyrhills... about 45 minutes north of Tampa, the retirement community of the world. No, I'm not retired. I'm 40. We've only been here 2 months. The locals tell us that the population rises from 30,000 to 70,000 starting in November.

We got hit pretty hard during the hurricane. At 2 AM, the eye wall hit us. It was a long night for me... my wife slept through it!
Wow! My dad was without power for a few days, as was my cousin (She's a dermatologist in Tampa and one of her offices was ok so the family hung out there). We flew my son back from us since we were there right before Irma hit.

I think 45 minutes would be tough for us - we would end up going every weekend.

Jupiter/West Palm is closer to 2.5 hours. I can see more short trips (if I get the job), but not all the time!
JerseyAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 04:52 PM   #13
richviii
One Bedroom

I agree, MO is enjoyable and if there is debate, it is spirited. I am have ready to unsubscribe to the DVC Facebook page, there is daily drama in that group.

Recent
2018 Jan - Swan & Dolphin, Apr - BCV, July - Disneyland 2017 Apr- BWV/BLT, Aug - VGC and Aulani, Dec - BWV & BLT 2016 Dec- BLT, Dec - Disneyland, Aug - Disney CX Summit - GF, Apr - BWV/BTL, 2015 - Nov - BWV/S&D, June - Off-Site, Apr - Contemporary/Off-Site, Feb - S&D, Jan 15 - Off-Site, 2014 - Nov - BLT, Aug - Off-Site, May - Off-Site, Mar - Off-Site, 2013 - Nov - Off-Site, Jun - Off-Site, 2012 Nov - Off-Site
richviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 07:57 PM   #14
bjackowski
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by richviii View Post
I agree, MO is enjoyable and if there is debate, it is spirited. I am have ready to unsubscribe to the DVC Facebook page, there is daily drama in that group.
Seriously - that group! For me it's just too much!
bjackowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 12:44 AM   #15
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
I am have ready to unsubscribe to the DVC Facebook page, there is daily drama in that group.
Not ever having had a facebook account, I guess I'm already unsubscribed

Cheers.
Old 10-09-2017, 06:57 AM   #16
grayandry
Grand Villa

Iíve always said...If you canít say something nice, come sit next to me. Maybe I should check out the other place.
grayandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 07:37 AM   #17
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrdgrs View Post
MouseOwner members do tend to be patient and helpful. Not that we can't get in heated debates, but all in all, this forum rocks.
It is pretty good. And even if we get into a heated debate, people seem to not hold grudges pretty long.

I used to post there but not much in the planning forums. They really were not my cup of tea at all. I like realism, not pixie dust up your butt mentality when it comes to Disney. Disney is great, but come on, some things aren't always perfect!
Old 10-09-2017, 07:38 AM   #18
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Not ever having had a facebook account, I guess I'm already unsubscribed

Cheers.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 07:42 AM   #19
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Which group? I'm a member of a few (including the one for here). The DVC one sponsored I think by Disney is pretty bad. One that is "Members Only" is pretty good and more realistic there.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:48 AM   #20
OffToTheMouse
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by smmcgarry View Post
I took a few years off from forums because I get that people get nasty when they have the anonymity of a computer screen.
Absolute...
OffToTheMouse is offline   Reply With Quote