home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > Welcome to the Forums!
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-06-2017, 05:18 AM   #21
AnnaS
Grand Villa

Congratulations and Welcome Home!!! Let the planning begin~
May 2019 - OKW

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:55 AM   #22
kreilly
Studio

CONGRATS!
Home!
Old 10-06-2017, 09:01 AM   #23
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Congrats on your contracts as well!!! Welcome Home!!!

You never know about the points.....We started out at 220 and 6 years later had over 2000. We have scaled back since, but still have over 1500.
would you like to adopt an empty nester couple.
Your point ownership puts our 195 to shame.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 09:07 AM   #24
ajc
Grand Villa

No regrets and AKL has value rooms which stretch the points for a longer visit.
11 month booking is needed for values which are at Jambo. I have never stayed at Kidani as Jambo is our favorite and the spa facilities are awesome.
enjoy all DVC has to offer. Our first purchase WDW direct was AKL and financed so we never missed the monthly $; we just looked forward to the next trip and the excitement of being a mouse owner.
WELCOME HOME!
Old 10-06-2017, 10:51 AM   #25
pdude81
Grand Villa

AKV is a great resort (well two). For a 70 point contract with the extra points you'll get compared to most of these resales, and done quickly in the same use year, I think it makes the price difference worthwhile. You did buy points in the same use year as the resale that's closing soon though, right?
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 12:21 PM   #26
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

and enjoy! You will be putting those points to good use!
lovindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 02:07 PM   #27
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
AKV is a great resort (well two). For a 70 point contract with the extra points you'll get compared to most of these resales, and done quickly in the same use year, I think it makes the price difference worthwhile. You did buy points in the same use year as the resale that's closing soon though, right?
looks like Sept SS and March AKL by first post
Old 10-06-2017, 02:24 PM   #28
Disneynut4sure
One Bedroom

and enjoy all your new great memories on your future trips

Disneynut4sure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 03:27 PM   #29
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
looks like Sept SS and March AKL by first post
Ouch, missed that. It might not be a big deal, but I might ask that I at least get matching points in their situation since it's still in the 10 day window.

I just purposefully bought AKV in a different UY than my other contract, so it could be intentional, but with only 70 points it can get messy trying to book rooms for a few days. If a different UY they likely have plenty of december since IIRC the biggest chunk of AKV contracts are DEC UY. In that case you get 2016 points also.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 09:38 PM   #30
MagicAllAroundUs
One Bedroom

Thank you so much everyone for the warm welcome! Sorry if I didn't reply to you directly, but I really appreciate you taking the time to welcome me to this awesome community of people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotunheim View Post
I did nearly the same thing with 210 resale points at VGC in August that are in the process of closing and another purchase of 65 direct points at VGF. This is probably a few too many points for me as well, as I typically only spend a week at Disney resort per year and will likely use a 1BR most often. However, the points are almost always in high demand, so you can rent or transfer the excess with a decent profit in the process.
How did your purchase from the resale market go? VGC = Grand California? If so, do you visit Disneyland more than you visit Disney World? I ended up making an offer on a fully loaded contract with almost double the points for 2017, because I figured I could rent or transfer the excess with a little profit in the process and at least cover a large chank of the the down payment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Congrats on your new homes at SSR and AKV! (Two of my favorites by the way)

You never know about the points.....We started out at 220 and 6 years later had over 2000. We have scaled back since, but still have over 1500.
Thank you! Do you own at both? I'm not quite sure yet how I'll feel about SSR but I'll be staying there on rented points at the end of the month. As I've discovered time and time again, Disney might not do everything perfectly but so far, they definitely have a leg up in the quality department.

And.. WOW! That's A LOT of points! How much of that do you use yourself and how much do you rent/transfer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAM4DVC View Post
No regrets allowed!

Just think about all the wonderful memories you'll be making in the future!
Thank you! I am definitely focusing A LOT on that right now. VERY excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babysimba View Post
Congratulations! You picked 2 great resorts! Don't have buyers remorse. Our first (and only) purchase was 270 resale. They are not enough and we are looking to add on in the future. You are just getting your addonitis out of the way right off the bat.

Best of luck. You are giving your daughter some great memories!
How long ago did you purchase your 270 points? It's wild... my addonitis is causing me to check the resale market on a daily basis! EEK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesper View Post
You have 10 days to cancel a timeshare purchase in FL if you regret the direct buy.
Yes! Tomorrow is my 10th day, so I'm giving myself until tomorrow to back out. Plus, the DVC guy I spoke to said a couple of things that weren't very... Disney-like. He wasn't upfront about a lot of things I had previously researched, saying things like "use year doesn't matter," "your home resort won't make a difference because people only book 4-6 months in advance," "I'll be able to put food on the table and buy my kid new shoes if you don't choose to buy from the resale market," amongst other things. I think I'll wait until my SSR contract closes (by the end of this month or the first week of November) and just purchase 25 points direct from DVC for the perks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedwards View Post
No remorse, its all good! I love all my points (both resale and direct equally)
Thank you! How long ago did you purchase direct? Did you start with purchasing direct or eventually do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Welcome Asha, and congratulations on your new "homes!" Don't second guess your AKV contract. It will be nice to have that 11 month window, and 70 points will go much farther than 25. Wishing you and your daughter years of happy memories with your new points!
Thank you! Yes; I originally wanted to purchase an Animal Kingdom contract because I wanted the 11 month window, but when I came across a fully loaded SSR contract, I was swayed. And now, I'm finding myself making offers on AKV contracts with more points from the resale market.... I may back out of the 70 Direct Points and buy 120-160 on the resale market for the same price!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Spaz View Post
We just recently added on too and it is addictive but I have no regrets and when your start to question yourself just remember all those wonderful memories you are creating.
Haha! Indeed.. Did you buy both your contracts on the resale market?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney54us View Post
Congratulations! That buyers remorse will be gone before you know it.
Thank you! I bet.. I'll be at Disney World in 3 weeks, and by then I'm sure I'll be completely enamored... ALL over again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
Congratulations!!! And welcome!!i just purchased my 7th resale....going to rofr soon...no remorse...i overpaid too and this was on resale...better off overpaying direct for the perks:-)
7TH! Wow! How many of those points do you use yourself and how many do you rent/transfer out? Because.. WOW! That's pretty amazing. To echo the sentiments of ajc (PP), would you be interested in adopting a family of 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Lightyear Towers View Post
No remorse!
You're in the Kilimanjaro Club now!!!
Can't wait to check out that Club Room one day!

Quote:
would you like to adopt an empty nester couple.
Your point ownership puts our 195 to shame.
Where do you own at? How long ago did you purchase your contract? I'd say 195 is more than enough for personal use! And... also, I aspire to be in your shoes one day when my daughter is off to college.

Quote:
11 month booking is needed for values which are at Jambo. I have never stayed at Kidani as Jambo is our favorite and the spa facilities are awesome.
enjoy all DVC has to offer. Our first purchase WDW direct was AKL and financed so we never missed the monthly $; we just looked forward to the next trip and the excitement of being a mouse owner.
WELCOME HOME!
How long ago was your first purchase? I have a reservation for August 2018 at the value studio in Jambo and the savannah studio in Kidani! Can't wait. I read that the Kidani view was better, but that Jambo has more food and activities. Is that why you prefer Jambo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
I did not. Buuuut I'm prooobably going to back out of the March direct contract (I have until tomorrow to decide) and will repurchase a 25 point contract direct once my SSR purchase closes. How important is getting the same use year? I was told that I could easily toggle between multiple memberships with the same login/account on the website. Also, the DVC person told me the earliest use year they had for Animal Kingdom was a March contract.
MagicAllAroundUs is offline   Reply With Quote