home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-23-2022, 10:36 PM   #21
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Thanks for taking us along on your trip! Love family time! Hoping your daughters sore throat is gone soon…

As I remember, Storm-Along Bay was always sandy bottomed, all along.
kzrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 10:57 PM   #22
cali09
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
I adored Illuminations to the point that I happily paid for Illuminations cruises more than once. I did reluctantly admit it was possibly time for new and was welcoming to change.
We did an IllumiNations cruise once and it was wonderful. And I never wanted new or was welcoming to change because I KNEW, ABSOLUTELY KNEW (and posted in detail about it on other threads) that whatever they replaced it with would be far inferior.

Quote:
I enjoyed what I saw of Epcot forever and was hopeful.
I saw Epcot Forever twice and while it wasn't horrible, it did feel like a slap in the face by recalling all of the Epcot that has been taken from us over the years. I was never hopeful (see above).

Quote:
But OMG no. No no no no no. Those barges during the day too
No, no, no, no, and more no.

Quote:
At this point I'd be happy to take Epcot Forever back and bomb the darn barges.
IllumiNations or nothing for me. Yes to bombing the barges though. I know IllumiNations is never coming back, but Disney taking it away is one thing I don't think I'll ever forgive them for and I'm going to remain bitter and sad about it.

"to educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
Theodore Roosevelt
cali09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 11:23 PM   #23
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali09 View Post
We did an IllumiNations cruise once and it was wonderful. And I never wanted new or was welcoming to change because I KNEW, ABSOLUTELY KNEW (and posted in detail about it on other threads) that whatever they replaced it with would be far inferior.

I saw Epcot Forever twice and while it wasn't horrible, it did feel like a slap in the face by recalling all of the Epcot that has been taken from us over the years. I was never hopeful (see above).

No, no, no, no, and more no.

IllumiNations or nothing for me. Yes to bombing the barges though. I know IllumiNations is never coming back, but Disney taking it away is one thing I don't think I'll ever forgive them for and I'm going to remain bitter and sad about it.
I won't say you are wrong. I suppose this is my compromise really and I made peace before it left. I just hate the barges and the show.

IllumiNations was D's very first fireworks watched ever. This show sucks so much we watch SSE instead
Old Yesterday, 01:35 PM   #24
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Thanks again for taking the time on this enjoyable report. Hope your daughter feels better soon.

As for Harmonious, I'm tempted to say I enjoy it immensely just to piss those who feel so strongly against it off, haha... but I won't. It's decent, not great. Not something I'll intentionally remain for unless staying at Beach Club or Boardwalk.

I do still like the thought of the international appeal of Disney music. However would have preferred a presentation more as a spherical World of Color if possible. Would have had to be way bigger than the Illuminations globe but along the same lines as far as shape, perhaps. Of course not sure how doable that is. Varying song choices would be a nice plus, too...

Oh, and more fireworks like Illuminations too would be preferred, of course.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:46 PM   #25
DMKEDM
Two Bedroom

It's my last day, and the official end of this TR...I'm getting ready to shut down my computer (of course, now that I've said "the end," watch--something worth reporting on will occur between now and when I get on the plane to home...oh, well, it won't be the first time I've been wrong...but I do think this post will wind up the news (if you can call it that) in this TR...

The family left this morning and got off w/out incident...poor DD's throat is bad (she's since gotten home and tested negative for COVID, thankfully--but as we kept reminding each other, there are other sicknesses one can catch besides COVID!) and she had laryngitis to go w/it this morning. But she and DSIL and the kids got home safe 'n sound and all are saying they loved our week here and can't wait for the next one.

After the family left I hopped on a bus to MK where I did no more than tap in, walk as far as the beginning of Main St, and then walk out again...it's just brutal here, weather-wise...at 9 this morning (when I went to MK) it was already 85 degrees, w/humidity so thick you could see the air. As I write this, it's 100 degrees and even more miserable outside. But since I tapped into MK this morning, I'll be free to hit another park if and when the predicted storm comes and washes away the awful heat & humidity (which the weather forecasters are saying will happen within the next couple of hours). The plan, for the moment, is to go back to Epcot, have the seared scallops from the Northern Bloom food kiosk for dinner, ride Soarin, leave before Harmonious (while I don't hate it as much as some of the commenters have expressed, I really am not a fan), and call it a night, and a trip.

I'm as fully packed as I can be before tomorrow morning...I have to call the Uber to take me to the airport around 4:30 or so (a.m.!) so it will be an early night for me...I'm obsessively checking the airlines website (so far, my 6:50 a.m. flight is showing on time), because the news this morning said that TSA is restricting flights out of MCO this weekend due to staffing shortages...but so far so good...

It's been a wonderful week, but now it's time to head back to my real world. Lots going on there (I work w/Congress, so the enactment of the new gun control law and the overturning of Roe v Wade are huge big deals in my world), so I'm going back to "busy busy busy"...

I do have my mother-daughter trip (at the VGF resort studio) in September, but am thinking I should really book another trip for late fall/early winter...it's DS' turn for a trip w/mom (altho he and DDIL and baby DGS (he turned 1 today!) are moving 8/3 so pinning them down for dates is unlikely for another few weeks)...but maybe I'll go ahead and book a week for us anyway and hope either that the time I choose works, or that I'd be able to change it for dates that will work if my "throw the dart at the calendar" approach doesn't work out!

In the meantime,I'll get my Disney fix(es) through others' TRs...thanks for coming along on this one and I look forward to following yours...Dani
DMKEDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:48 PM   #26
Raspus
Grand Villa

I enjoyed your trip report. Glad you had a good time. We were there last week and that heat was bad. Travel safely home tomorrow. Thanks for posting.